Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
COVID-19 Symptoms
Previous  1  2

crbc

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 5:17 am
https://coronavirus.healthcare.....BCH24

Israeli site in English

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 5:50 am
crbc wrote:
https://coronavirus.healthcareisrael.com/?fbclid=IwAR1JXHMPgOAviv7mEotZSW_Bag6LpDXZrghTBCHa76yrrZMxfHFHv6BCH24

Israeli site in English

Excellent site, thanks!

I have a massive headache, and my lungs feel like they've been run over by a truck. Sick

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:28 am
Did you call misrad habriut? I think you should. It could make it illegal for you to work for two weeks. But you are not working anyway. And you would get compensated. Refuah shleima.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Did you call misrad habriut? I think you should. Refuah shleima.

If I'm still coughing in the morning I will. I don't feel so bad right now, just bone tired. Tylenol got rid of the headache, B'H.

The cough is not so bad, as long as I don't breathe. LOL <--- wheeze

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:37 am
Breathing is overrated.

Refuah shleimah

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:39 am
Didn't see your reply til after I added to my post. That Israeli website says if the government quarantines you then you get compensated. As you are home anyway might be worth it. Especially because you said it's hard to breathe.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Didn't see your reply til after I added to my post. That Israeli website says if the government quarantines you then you get compensated. As you are home anyway might be worth it. Especially because you said it's hard to breathe.

If I'm not working, how would they calculate a compensation? 0% of 0? I was working off the books, anyway. Occasional babysitting is not exactly a career.

I have a home health aid through Or Lenefesh. If I still feel icky by Sunday, she's probably going to call it in for me. She came to see me today, and sat in a chair outside the front door while I talked to her from the sofa.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 3:55 pm
It looks like people in the US are having a really hard time getting tested, too.
https://themighty.com/2020/03/.....=true

A Seattle, Washington, woman with a history of chronic bronchitis shared her journey to try to get tested for the new coronavirus (COVID-19). Her Twitter thread has since gone viral, highlighting the frustration many people are facing trying to get answers.

Twitter user @into_the_brush shared on social media she is experiencing all the symptoms of COVID-19. She also said she has a history of chronic bronchitis and works in a physical therapy setting with people who are over the age of 65, the most vulnerable age group to the coronavirus. She wanted to get tested for COVID-19, but it wasn’t a straightforward journey.

I called the Corona hotline, was on hold for 40 minutes and gave up. So I looked at the CDC and Washington public health websites. They told me to see a primary care doctor, but there’s no information about testing.

I called 2 primary care doctors. One told me they don’t know where to get testing, and that I should not to seek out testing. The other one told me to go to an urgent care or ER. I called the Urgent Care, they also had no idea where tests are, but told me to call the hospital.

I called the hospital. They do not have tests, but transferred me to the COVID-19 hotline to ‘answer my questions.’ Since I was transferred on a medical provider line, I actually got through. Progress!

The lady with the hotline was very kind and professional and understood my concern about my own health and those at my clinic. (Which is currently being sanitized). However, I was told I do not qualify for testing. And I was not given a timeline or info on current resources.

The only way I can get treated is if my symptoms get so bad I develop pneumonia or bronchitis, which is very likely in my case. Then I'll be in the ER and quarantined for several days while waiting for a test and for the results to come back.

It's scary to know that I won't be able to get help until I need life support. Banging head
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information on the 2019 coronavirus, visit the CDC’s website here.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru......html

saralem

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 5:33 pm
Oy, FF, wishing you a refuah shelaima!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 4:12 am
I recently got a psak from my rabbi that anyone in a risk group, or anyone with even a HINT of a cough or sniffle, should stay home.

Not only that, they are halachically exempt from all the mitzvot of Purim, because preserving a life comes first.

Chief Rabbi Lau has said that it is actually OSSUR to kiss a mezuzah in a public place. You are to look at the mezuzah and think about why we put them there, and consider the words written inside. This is halacha - touching and kissing is a minhag that can be extremely dangerous right now.

I'm coughing up yellow goo. Apparently that is a good sign, and means my lungs are healing. We'll see. I still feel awful.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 4:23 am
The scary part is that there are others who have less or more minor symptoms than you who are not getting tested and think it’s just a cold. They may be out and about and may have this disease.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 3:27 am
Iymnok wrote:
The scary part is that there are others who have less or more minor symptoms than you who are not getting tested and think it’s just a cold. They may be out and about and may have this disease.

I am so frustrated! I called the health department, told them all of my symptoms, told them how long I've been sick, etc. They said "Have you been to Italy?" and I said no, so they said "It's just a cold. Go to your doctor."

If it's "just a cold", what is my doctor going to do about it? Doctors don't treat colds! Banging head

As long as I am symptomatic, I am staying home. Even if it isn't Corona, I don't want to get anyone sick, as it could lower their immunity and make them more prone to getting Corona later on. I'm too weak to go anywhere, anyway.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 3:46 am
Only one percent of people under sixty get it a lawyer from
Young isreal of new Rochelle got it and is in the hospital the first hospital delayed his treatment or thought he did not have coranvirus in Westchester ny because he only traveled to Miami he went to a funraul a barmitzva and to shul and 10000 members are self quarantined the rabbi fink and his wife got it five kids got it
Jta online has a story written about the rabbi

etky

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 4:02 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I am so frustrated! I called the health department, told them all of my symptoms, told them how long I've been sick, etc. They said "Have you been to Italy?" and I said no, so they said "It's just a cold. Go to your doctor."

If it's "just a cold", what is my doctor going to do about it? Doctors don't treat colds! Banging head

As long as I am symptomatic, I am staying home. Even if it isn't Corona, I don't want to get anyone sick, as it could lower their immunity and make them more prone to getting Corona later on. I'm too weak to go anywhere, anyway.

THey are flooded with callls and there are many, many people waiting to be tested.
They only come if you've been abroad or exposed to one of the confirmed cases.
Even then it can take a while.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics