Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can I ask a stupid question!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 5:38 pm
I am in panic mode over coronavirus now and I think for good reason. Everyone is trying to play it down or maybe be in denial but its literally at our doorstep.
My question is if they discovered that several events/weddings in Monsey and around were all exposed to coronavirus through 2 waiters then why are all the people who attended these events not in quarantine?
They are saying anyone who displays symptoms should reach out but what about the 2 weeks prior where you dont yet have the symptoms but already have the virus and continuing to spread it?
Where is the stupid goverment in all this?? Why are all these exposed people just walking free to expose others?? We all know how interconnected the jewish community is and once we have it its all over? Help me understand the logic please

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 5:44 pm
Google young Israel of newrochelle
Rabbi fink

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 5:57 pm
It will do no good to panic. The cat's out of the bag, as they say. Keep yourself as healthy as you can: eat well, sleep well, hydrate, wash your hands. Join the Tehillim across the world on Taanis Esther morning.

Every Rockland school has had classes, including Purim carnivals, and every grocery store has been mobbed for the past week. They're mobbed right now. Let's just say it's cearly only in the hands of Hashem. The health department can't do much at this moment to help.

I think this information is so new, publicized just 4 hours ago, that they are figuring out what to recommend. I'm sure there will be updates from the health department and schools will be sending out information this evening.

Stay calm, take care of yourself and keep the faith, iyh everyone will continue to be well.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:03 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
It will do no good to panic. The cat's out of the bag, as they say. Keep yourself as healthy as you can: eat well, sleep well, hydrate, wash your hands. Join the Tehillim across the world on Taanis Esther morning.

Every Rockland school has had classes, including Purim carnivals, and every grocery store has been mobbed for the past week. They're mobbed right now. Let's just say it's cearly only in the hands of Hashem. The health department can't do much at this moment to help.

I think this information is so new, publicized just 4 hours ago, that they are figuring out what to recommend. I'm sure there will be updates from the health department and schools will be sending out information this evening.

Stay calm, take care of yourself and keep the faith, iyh everyone will continue to be well.

Thats precisely my question, why are these people roaming the streets and spreading the virus?? This isnt new news, I heard about this 2 days ago!
Ofcoarse the health dept can do more, thats their job! They need to track down all participants and have them self quarantine. I actually think china has done a better job then the US thus far.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:03 pm
Young isreal of new Rochelle self quarantined 1000 people who got to the shul the lawyer who attended a bar mitzvah at young isreal and gave it to the waitstaff is still in the icu
Most members do not have any symptoms all the Jewish schools are closed

elisheva25

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:06 pm
You ask a good question. You are right all those who had contact w/ waiters in Monsey should technically put themselves in voluntary quarantine.
But not all people think that way.
Also news about waiters came out now.
As far as the govt they can’t possibly know every person who came into contact w/ waiters
They did list locations

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:06 pm
Buy zinc tablets if you think you have a sore throat and drink lots of orange juice

qwerty4

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:09 pm
How is the quarantine being enforced? What’s to stop someone who’s supposed to be in isolation of joining the festivities on Purim?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:15 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
How is the quarantine being enforced?

Self quarantine is voluntary. No need to enforce it by law.
BH it's not typhoid, cvs.

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:44 pm
Monsey public schools are closed for disinfection.
I'm guessing private schools will follow suit.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:54 pm
Im not scared of getting the virus Im scared of being quarantined in our small quarters with my baby all day for two weeks and not being able to send to the babysitter and having to try to get some work done as well

I dont know why they have to take such extreme measures for a bad cold

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:56 pm
People with strong immune systems can carry and transmit the virus, without ever getting sick themselves. Now THAT is scary!

Jeanette

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 7:14 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Im not scared of getting the virus Im scared of being quarantined in our small quarters with my baby all day for two weeks and not being able to send to the babysitter and having to try to get some work done as well

Let me say it again, real slow.

90% of those who get it will be fine. They'll have a bad cold.

10% who get it will not be fine. They will get very, very sick. As in needing the hospital sick. Needing the ICU sick.

It's those 10% we are worried about. Because if coronavirus spreads at this rate, we don't have enough hospital beds for them. We don't have enough healthcare workers to take care of them. Healthcare workers are getting sick too, even with protection. And that means other sick people who need the hospital for other reasons won't get the care they need.

This is not fear mongering. This is what's happening right now in Italy as we speak.

simba

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Sounds rather immature and selfish. Care to explain?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 8:38 pm
Ladies if it were "just a bad cold" then these extreme measures would not be being taken.

Fact.

Op I think it is crazy and sad what you are describing. In Israel if someone breaks quarantine it is against the law they can get 7 years! That is one reason that Israel is having the best result from taking the most aggressive approach.
May everyone everywhere enjoy good health!

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:01 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
People with strong immune systems can carry and transmit the virus, without ever getting sick themselves. Now THAT is scary!

Yup, that's how pertussis works also. Makes it VERY hard to contain. It also means that a vaccine is unlikely to provide herd immunity, though it can be helpful for the vulnerable population.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:03 pm
Just want to mention to everyone...amazing emunah bitachon hotline out there- 732-719-3898
It's really helping me keep calm in these trying times...It's all Hashem!!! Its all from Hashem..yes, we need to do regular Hishtadlus, but Hashem doesn't want us to overreact and go nuts...He is our loving father and takes care of us all the time and continues to do so...listening every morning to a daily dose, hearing the songs etc, stories, questions- and questions on coronavirus and emuna has helped me tremendously.
Hatzlacha

elisheva25

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:17 pm
http://www.israelnationalnews......25338

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Buy zinc tablets if you think you have a sore throat and drink lots of orange juice

You say this in every thread. Anonymously, no less.

There is no evidence whatsoever that zinc is effective against this disease.

There is no evidence that OJ is effective against anything except scurvy.

It is dangerous to suggest that a person can cure corona virus this way. You are placing people at risk. Stop it.

MitzadSheini

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:27 pm
Actually the zinc thing is I believe the advice of a James Robb MD UC from San Diego and is advice. Not saying it's a cure but it is supposed to be helpful, perhaps (and this detail I'm not sure about ) in helping it to not spread as fast from the throat to the lungs.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics