Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can I ask a stupid question!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

soap suds

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:55 pm
By the time we found out that 2 waiters tested positive, all those people who came in contact with them already mingled with so many others. It seems like it's impossible to contain. What good would it do to quarantine all these people when they likely already passed it on (assuming they're carriers) to others, who may have passed it on to more people. By now, we'd have to quarantine the entire town. It's impossible to know who should be quarantined.

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:01 pm
soap suds wrote:
By the time we found out that 2 waiters tested positive, all those people who came in contact with them already mingled with so many others. It seems like it's impossible to contain. What good would it do to quarantine all these people when they likely already passed it on (assuming they're carriers) to others, who may have passed it on to more people. By now, we'd have to quarantine the entire town. It's impossible to know who should be quarantined.

There are some towns that are quarantined. Anyone who visited New Rochelle is not allowed back in school until after being quarantined for 14 days.

Also, quarantining is helping with damage control. Some people may have already come into contact with those who are infected, but we are trying to prevent even more people from being exposed.

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:04 pm
Double Post

Last edited by mamma llama on Mon, Mar 09 2020, 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:31 am
In Israel, all the people at the wedding would be quarantined.
But this is America, so they will do nothing

chanchy123

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:35 am
Jeanette wrote:
Let me say it again, real slow.

90% of those who get it will be fine. They'll have a bad cold.

10% who get it will not be fine. They will get very, very sick. As in needing the hospital sick. Needing the ICU sick.

It's those 10% we are worried about. Because if coronavirus spreads at this rate, we don't have enough hospital beds for them. We don't have enough healthcare workers to take care of them. Healthcare workers are getting sick too, even with protection. And that means other sick people who need the hospital for other reasons won't get the care they need.

This is not fear mongering. This is what's happening right now in Italy as we speak.

This

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:58 am
Really not at all a "stupid" question rather a very smart one.

There is a reason E"Y has "only" 29 tested positive and no deaths may it remain so!

In part because of strict quarantine immediately.

The more we face our nisayon individually and collectively as a nation with ahavas yisroel which includes quarantining then the better we will each come out of this individually, our families, our communities, our nation Am Yisroel Chai!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 2:55 am
SixOfWands wrote:
You say this in every thread. Anonymously, no less.

There is no evidence whatsoever that zinc is effective against this disease.

There is no evidence that OJ is effective against anything except scurvy.

It is dangerous to suggest that a person can cure corona virus this way. You are placing people at risk. Stop it.

I read this somewhere also . Maybe China was suggesting it? They said lots of vitamin c will kill corona virus and if you have a sore throat from it, zinc tablets are good for that.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 2:58 am
It does not cure it.

If it did then there would not be an epidemic would not be a pandemic there would not be so many deaths all across the world!
However, zinc and vitamin C and the like can potentially ease virus symptoms and can be a good idea to use upon onset of symptoms like with flu.

But cure? I wish!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 3:08 am
A real problem that people are not being tracked and isolated/quarantined. And they are calling that "losing control" over the situation cvs. Obviously it is easier to master in the beginning.

Looks like a foregone conclusion that Israel will begin requiring all israelis returning from out of the country to quarantine.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:01 am
mamma llama wrote:
There are some towns that are quarantined. Anyone who visited New Rochelle is not allowed back in school until after being quarantined for 14 days.

Also, quarantining is helping with damage control. Some people may have already come into contact with those who are infected, but we are trying to prevent even more people from being exposed.

anyone who went to the bar mitzvah or to shul or to a funeraul or to a carnival are quarantined not the whole new rochlle

elisheva25

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:31 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
anyone who went to the bar mitzvah or to shul or to a funeraul or to a carnival are quarantined not the whole new rochlle

Correct. But don’t you think at least similar should be done in Monsey as opposed to nothing at all ?

meme6

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:46 am
most People won’t be tested. my kids have allergies already season has started think of all the people who suffer from allergies and continue, no one will blink an eye. I got an email from a big hospital (due to a child being affiliated there) and they very much said there is no concern for healthy people, no extra measures need to be taken people over 60 should consult with their medical provider.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:57 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
It does not cure it.

If it did then there would not be an epidemic would not be a pandemic.

However, zinc and vitamin C and the like can potentially ease virus symptoms and can be a good idea to use upon onset of symptoms like with flu.

But cure? I wish!

Other than seeing that people are stocking up on Mucinex, I don't recall seeing any advice about what to do if the virus hits. I would assume that the same cough, cold, flu over the counter stuff would be helpful for COVID 19 but nobody has better solutions.

elisheva25

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:54 am
Monsey/Corona
https://www.jpost.com/Internat.....20267

Those that were at the listed events should isolate themselves , no ?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:54 am
southernbubby wrote:
Other than seeing that people are stocking up on Mucinex, I don't recall seeing any advice about what to do if the virus hits. I would assume that the same cough, cold, flu over the counter stuff would be helpful for COVID 19 but nobody has better solutions.

Why not? It’s a VIRUS. You would treat it like you treat any virus. Most viruses come with fever, sore throat, runny and stuffy nose, mild coughing... If the virus becomes more severe affecting the lungs and breathing or the fever becomes dangerously high then the patient should be checked to determine if hospitalization care is needed.
As always, strong doses of vitamins specifically vitamin C are always a good idea to boost the immune system.

meme6

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:57 am
Truthfully I barely ever know when I have fever, unless I’m really sick. Once I thought I didn’t feel right I had fever I decided that I will get checked out just cause weekend wasn’t coming and it was right before something (don’t remember) I had flu and strep I was shocked

Miri1

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 7:13 am
soap suds wrote:

Firstly, (for this disease) this is how a quarantine works. You quarantine all those exposed at the first degree.
You are minimizing chances when you separate people, it's not an all or nothing thing. If someone's been walking around for a week before he realized he was exposed, it doesn't mean he doesn't bother to quarantine from that point on.
Also, the chances of passing the illness on is higher when you are actively sick, so the fatalistic approach "oh we've all caught it now, so what's the point" really doesn't hold water. Of course it makes sense to quarantine exposures - in order to limit more exposures.
The idea is to slow it down as much as we can, and to do our hishtadlus.

I think a waiter is an unusual situation - on one had he's not going to be near you for more than 10 minutes, but on the other hand, he's handling and breathing over your food, so I'd take that seriously!

(ETA: Btw, please don't misunderstand my usage of the term "it's not all or nothing" . By this I mean, that if there's a delay in discovering the exposure, it doesn't mean to you don't bother at all. I did NOT mean that once your'e quarantined you can take a break here and there.)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 8:45 am
Well said Miri!

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Why not? It’s a VIRUS. You would treat it like you treat any virus. Most viruses come with fever, sore throat, runny and stuffy nose, mild coughing... If the virus becomes more severe affecting the lungs and breathing or the fever becomes dangerously high then the patient should be checked to determine if hospitalization care is needed.
As always, strong doses of vitamins specifically vitamin C are always a good idea to boost the immune system.

Why would large doses of vitamins boost the immune system? What about sleep, chicken soup, and good hydration?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 9:49 am
four cases in rockland county
more cases in westchster
scarsdale schools are closed
all jewish schools are still closed
one school closed for the remainder of the year
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics