Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Who thinks it's a matter of time? Italians warn
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:21 pm
I'm trying to post a picture that I screen shot of the news. I'm not quite sure why its not uploading. Basically its saying that the uk and us should lockdown now before it's too late and we're cv going to end up like them etc etc. Do you think it's a matter of time before we end up like them c.v?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:04 pm
I think as time goes by more and more countries are going to be doing lock downs. In the usa it might go by states, but I think it is inevitable.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:06 pm
I think the US is too late and should have locked down a week ago.

cookiewriter

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:26 pm
Yet nothing is doing. Life is going on as normal in brooklyn anyway regular shul and school

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:38 pm
The UK does not want to lock down. In the US, states like NY, WA, OH and CA are taking serious measures to prevent an Italy situation BHand not overwhelm the hospital system.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:08 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
The UK does not want to lock down. In the US, states like NY, WA, OH and CA are taking serious measures to prevent an Italy situation BHand not overwhelm the hospital system.

Nope. Here in Brooklyn is business shul ,school, simchos, as usual.
Nothing changed except excessive shopping, since that’s what we do anyway.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:09 pm
Wow I can’t believe Brooklyn is not on lockdown! It should be

Here in teaneck not only are all Bergen county Shuls and schools closed but teaneck is all under quarantine now

carnation

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:14 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Wow I can’t believe Brooklyn is not on lockdown! It should be

Here in teaneck not only are all Bergen county Shuls and schools closed but teaneck is all under quarantine now

I wonder how the people in Teaneck think now. Don't you think "I wish everyone quarantined 3 weeks ago"?

Earlier lock downs would avoid the virus in the area all together.

Which leads me to think: why doesn't EVERYONE self quarantine right now?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:02 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Nope. Here in Brooklyn is business shul ,school, simchos, as usual.
Nothing changed except excessive shopping, since that’s what we do anyway.

Is that only in the Frum community? Maybe some people just dont understand the quarentine due to lack of internet .

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:07 am
In Maryland the public schools are closing as of Monday for at least 2 weeks. The Jewish schools are closing as well and the shuls too. Libraries will be closed and some other places as well.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:10 am
BTW I got an email from one of the indoor play places saying the steps they are taking to reduce the spread (cleaning & limiting the number of people allowed in)- shouldn't they just close? I feel like if the schools are closing and they are trying to limit the spread then places like this where children (who are not the best at keeping their hands out of the mouths and the mouths off of equipment) should close. I know it will be a loss in income but I feel like it's just not right for them to stay open and pretend like they are taking steps to not spread this....

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:12 am
I got it also. Thought the same as you.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:15 am
Is that only in the Frum community? Maybe some people just dont understand the quarentine due to lack of internet .

No. They just can’t be bothered. They can’t sit still. They can’t be home with their kids.

amother
Sapphire

A lot of people are not connected to the internet as much as the rest of us. They simply are not aware of what's going on.
This feels similar to the hysteria that goes on a few days before a hurricaine. Most people are rushing around preparing/going crazy. The people who don't have internet at home are going about their own business, for the most part blissfully unaware. .

amother
Dodgerblue

This is a huge loss for everyone. I dont understand how it helps to lock up one place, business, or school, if EVERYONE is not doing it together?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:31 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
A lot of people are not connected to the internet as much as the rest of us. They simply are not aware of what's going on.
This feels similar to the hysteria that goes on a few days before a hurricaine. Most people are rushing around preparing/going crazy. The people who don't have internet at home are going about their own business, for the most part blissfully unaware. .

Right that is what I meant

Earnest

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:32 am
I've been 'self-quaratined' since Erev Purim and I'm going stir crazy. But. I just read that new cases in Italy have increased by 20% OVERNIGHT. How is that even possible? The blame is on 'people who are living 'normally'. It's very very tough to be shut up inside:'

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:06 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

They're better off IMO.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm trying to post a picture that I screen shot of the news. I'm not quite sure why its not uploading. Basically its saying that the uk and us should lockdown now before it's too late and we're cv going to end up like them etc etc. Do you think it's a matter of time before we end up like them c.v?

Only if we don't act faster. No country is set up to have that many people to the hospital at once. Israel has acted way faster than USA. Our response is too slow. Don't wait for them to tell us, just do. Every single day counts a lot.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:37 am
I just don't see it working very well in the countries that have been on lockdown. I mean I suppose we won't know for sure but I personally think it's a waste of time and the economy is really suffering. Here in the uk they are planning to ban gatherings of over 100 people, but not close schools at the moment. Anyone with any slight symptom has to self quarantine for at least 7 days.
These measures make more sense to me than closing down whole cities. Elderly and vulnerable people have also been told to stay indoors. Whether they listen or not who knows.

Anyone with me?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics