Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone lost their sense of taste and smell? Coronavirus!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:40 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Please. Every cold I ever had, I lost my smell and taste.

This is different. My nose isn't stuffed.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:43 pm
Written by an old classmate of mine: https://medium.com/@tamar/I-te.....95699

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
This is different. My nose isn't stuffed.

This. This is what makes it weird, no congestion.

I wouldn't have even realized it except ds told me he cleaned the bathroom with clorox bleach and I didn't believe him since the smell nauseates me and I couldn't smell a thing. Then dd walked by and said Eww it stinks! And ds showed me the bottle he used.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:48 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Definitely fits corona symptoms. Also feeling like you have fever but when you check the thermometer, you actually don't.

I have the opposite, just feel extreme fatigue and sluggishness but not feverish. But temp shows low grade fever. I'm told these can all be symptoms.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:52 pm
Waaaaaa???
This is crazy.
Ok, so hear me out.
Around 4 weeks ago my son had a bad virus. Doctor said RSV even though he didnt swab/test him. He said rsv is going around the community now. At the same time I came down with "something" and I blamed it on rsv, on "allergies" although I've never had allergies before and regular cold..... there were the shivers, aches and pains, stomach issues terrible headaches, shortness of breath and tightness in my chest and much more. The single most annoying symptom was lossing my sense of smell and taste. I had to force myself to eat.
Ot was so weaird. I could feel temperature, I could feel texture and I could feel the "tzip" if it had a lot of pepper....
I'm feeling much better now. Although not back to my self completely.
And now, the more I read about corona, the more I believe I had it back then still.
A few days before I got sick, my husband felt a bit "out if sorts" for a few days but was ok to go to work and carry on as usual.... at work he comes into contact with people from all over the world.... and so.... could I have had corona 4 weeks ago?
Does that even make sense?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:55 pm
I really hope all of you who are having these symptoms are self-isolating at home!

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:58 pm
I have no taste or smell since shabbos. Food tastes like my mouth. Soo annoying

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:59 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I really hope all of you who are having these symptoms are self-isolating at home!

Absolutely, along with dh and all kids.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Waaaaaa???
This is crazy.
Ok, so hear me out.
Around 4 weeks ago my son had a bad virus. Doctor said RSV even though he didnt swab/test him. He said rsv is going around the community now. At the same time I came down with "something" and I blamed it on rsv, on "allergies" although I've never had allergies before and regular cold..... there were the shivers, aches and pains, stomach issues terrible headaches, shortness of breath and tightness in my chest and much more. The single most annoying symptom was lossing my sense of smell and taste. I had to force myself to eat.
Ot was so weaird. I could feel temperature, I could feel texture and I could feel the "tzip" if it had a lot of pepper....
I'm feeling much better now. Although not back to my self completely.
And now, the more I read about corona, the more I believe I had it back then still.
A few days before I got sick, my husband felt a bit "out if sorts" for a few days but was ok to go to work and carry on as usual.... at work he comes into contact with people from all over the world.... and so.... could I have had corona 4 weeks ago?
Does that even make sense?

Yes it's definitely possible you had it four weeks ago. It was all over China in January and coming out of there with anyone who left. Then we know that lawyer in Westchester was already showing symptoms in the Feb 20s which means he could have caught it up to two weeks prior from someone in the community or on the subway (we still don't know where he got it). Makes sense that you could have had it at the end of February?

Are you able to share where you live?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:14 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0......html

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:32 am
Actually you have all just lost your sense of smell
But because taste of food is made up of about 90% smell and 10 taste( salty/ sweet/sour/bitter/umami) it seems like all taste is gone
It usually comes back within a week or two if the reason is an infection

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:48 am
WhatFor wrote:
Yes it's definitely possible you had it four weeks ago. It was all over China in January and coming out of there with anyone who left. Then we know that lawyer in Westchester was already showing symptoms in the Feb 20s which means he could have caught it up to two weeks prior from someone in the community or on the subway (we still don't know where he got it). Makes sense that you could have had it at the end of February?

Are you able to share where you live?

Blooming Grove NY. My husband works in NYC.

We had a family simcha right about then. I thought it was allergies and not contagious and of course I went, a few days later my mil was really sick. Shes better now bh. She is in the high risk group for age and health and in isolation. If only she could test for immunity she wouldn't have to be all alone Sad (she''s a widow).

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:18 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Same.

If I don't have fever does that mean I can still leave the house?

Your girls shampooed your carpets? They're awesome! I wish I knew how to do that!

We have a bisell carpet cleaner.....put in carpet shampoo, move back and forth...not complicated.

Water gets black. Amazing how much dirt gets into carpets. So nice and clean, even if I can't smell it.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:22 am
andrea levy wrote:
Please. Every cold I ever had, I lost my smell and taste.

THIS!

You can lose your sense of smell with any cold or flu or when congested ....

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:28 am
https://www.entnet.org/content.....sease

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:44 am
My husband has been doing every dirty diaper Smile

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
THIS!

You can lose your sense of smell with any cold or flu or when congested ....

Nope. This is different. This is without any other symptoms. No stuffiness, congestion, cough or fever.

It seems to be the way the virus is manifested in teens.

librarylady

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:53 pm
We (DH & I) have been missing our sense of smell for about a week now. We have been in quarantine since a few days before that. It's so, so annoying. Makes me not want to put effort into making food yummy since who cares? And poor baby can be sitting in a dirty diaper and I have no idea.
I've had a stuffy nose and limited smell before---this is NOT the same thing. My airways are clear, no congestion at this point. It's just viral damage apparently. I really hope it comes back soon.
(for statistical purposes: we are both in our 20s and have been having other symptoms, but no fever. Just sore throat, shortness of breath, etc)
A lot of our friends in the neighborhood are reporting similar loss of smell & taste.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:27 am
Is anyone able to taste or smell yet? Banging head

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:31 am
I'm feeling 95% better today, not the least bit congested, and breathing through my nose just fine.

Still no sense of smell, barely any taste, and no appetite at all. Nothing sounds good to eat. Everything tastes like wet cardboard. Confused
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics