Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Will this ever end? And how?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:37 pm
We are in really uncertain times.
Please Hashem have mercy on us!
Will things ever go back to "normal"?
Is this our new reality?

How will things be ok again??

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:43 pm
Trump gave a statement that in the end of the 15 days, they'll see how to proceed. "We can't let the curve be worse than the problem".

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:44 pm
I'm no rebbetzin but I've experienced enough personal challenges in my life to say this. When Hashem sends a challenge, He calculates exactly how much physical pain, inconvenience, loss of money, emotional stress, etc. Every single effected person will experience. When that precisely calculated quota of discomfort is reached, the tzara is lifted. Goes away. It can literally disappear in the blink of an eye. Even if it took a long time to build up and it seems to be that it will take time to go away, we can all wake up tomorrow morning to a completely new reality the moment Hashem decides that it's been enough. Believe it. It's the truth.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:45 pm
No one on earth knows. Only Hashem.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:46 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I'm no rebbetzin but I've experienced enough personal challenges in my life to say this. When Hashem sends a challenge, He calculates exactly how much physical pain, inconvenience, loss of money, emotional stress, etc. Every single effected person will experience. When that precisely calculated quota of discomfort is reached, the tzara is lifted. Goes away. It can literally disappear in the blink of an eye. Even if it took a long time to build up and it seems to be that it will take time to go away, we can all wake up tomorrow morning to a completely new reality the moment Hashem decides that it's been enough. Believe it. It's the truth.

That’s beautiful and comforting

Learning

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:46 pm
The worse that could happen is that most people will get it. Most people will survive and will somehow will build immunity more or less and eventually they will come up with a vaccine in a year and a half.

gande

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:47 pm
Everything passes. Gam ze yaavor.

Logically speaking, I listened to the president's new conference today and I what I took out of it is that the government is realizing that they are trading one set of problems with a much worse one- financial and mental crisis. So the aproach going forward is to strengthen the medical system with equipment and medication for the sick and get back to life asap.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

Thank you!!

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:14 pm
Today's Meaningful Minute speech, by Rabbi Menachem Nissel:
"Don't ask Hashem for things to go back to normal; ask Him for Moshiach!"

polka dots

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:33 pm
Uncertainty is a very uncomfortable feeling.

This is an opportunity for me to give up my control. I’m holding money in the bank for a rainy day. I’m vaccinating my kids to keep them healthy.....
I always know that I am not in control. But never before have I actually lived and experienced the feeling so strong. And it is scary!
And what I realized is that my emunah and bitochon were not where I thought it was. My intense reaction of fear and overwhelming sadness now showed me that I really need to strengthen my trust in Hashem.
Since I realized that I decided to make this into a growing experience of learning how to live with the unknown. Of completely relying on Hashem. And I look at it as an opportunity. I hope that when all this is over (hopefully really soon) I’ll come out on a higher level.
I don’t know if I will have food for my kids. I don’t know if my money in the bank will have value. I don’t know who will live and who won’t. I don’t know when this will end. I don’t know how life looks after this. But I do know that “whatever You do is for my best! You have a master plan and it’s worked out to perfection. You know what my needs are and you are custom making the situation for my needs. For my kids needs . For my elderly parents. Things might not turn out the way I want but I truly believe that it’s all for my best interest. Gam zu letova “

To life

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:44 pm
Exactly what I was feeling

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:43 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Today's Meaningful Minute speech, by Rabbi Menachem Nissel:
"Don't ask Hashem for things to go back to normal; ask Him for Moshiach!"

We can ask for both. For things to go back to normal and for moshiach. We should be asking for moshiach every day, regardless of the situation in the world.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 11:57 pm
Things will end when all the old and sick die off, and the young will inherit the earth.

It will be a Brave New World.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:36 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Things will end when all the old and sick die off, and the young will inherit the earth.

I hope you're sarcastic. Even so, that's a quite horrible thing for you to say

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:48 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Wow that’s despicable

asmileaday

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:52 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

For some reason this has been the most comforting thing I've read in a long time.
Feels like straight from your heart. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics