Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Racheli Karp is coming to NY

Yael

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 1:56 pm
I recieved the following email, and promised to post it to see if anyone here could help out.
----------------------------------------------------------

Good morning and Shavuatov,

Well, I'm not a mother, I'm a grandfather but this is about a mother and granddaughter.
My granddaughter Racheli Karp, please see www.rachelikarp.com lives in Israel in Ramat Beit Shemesh
with her parents and four siblings. She needs emergency medical treatment at Beth Sinai Hospital in
New York. After a lot of hard work by all concerned, funding is in place and Mother and child will be
alone in Brooklyn/New York for at least six weeks. I am trying to arrange a few luxuries to at least make their
stay away from their family in Israel at this very harrowing time,less stressful.
They will be staying at East Ninth Street Brooklyn, apart from the time of the operation when they move
temporarily to New York.
Maybe your members could help. Perhaps there is a young local frum family that also has a little girl of about
7 that would like to befriend Racheli. She's as bright as a button and speaks perfect English.She grew up in
Australia before the family made Aliyah.
Also,perhaps someone would be kind enough to donate or loan Leah (the Mother) a laptop PC so she can be in
constant touch with her husband and other children, and they with Racheli.
I would also like to try and organize taxi vouchers or some way that they wouldn't have to travel everywhere
by bus with the wheelchair. Is there a frum taxi co-operative working in those areas?
Please excuse me for taking the liberty in writing to you and your members but I'm trying to make their
stay in America, as friendly and less stressful as possible.

Kind regards,

Brian Morris

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 8:09 pm
Yael, please let this grandfather know, he should contact Chai Lifeline, in New York, they provide alot of services for kids like Racheli. I hope they can help them too. Hatzlacha. 1-877-242-4543

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 8:48 pm
contacting Chai Lifeline is an excellent idea! They were amazing when my daughter was in the Hospital. They can be very helpfull!

happyone

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 9:21 pm
Chai Lifeline is a great idea. Also Try Frumy Horowitz from Ben Ish. Mekimi can help with entertainment. And Yenty Frost from Hands on For Children can also help with taking the girl out and getting volunteers.
Chai Lifeline would be able to do all their transportation to and from hospitals so you don't have to spend on car services and cabs. The other option would be to contact Rodeph Chesed which has handicapped accessible vehicles for transportation to and from hospitals. There also is Chesed - which does transportation. If you need any or all of the above phone numbers feel free to contact me.

Lots of luck!!

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 11:37 pm
And also, I am sure Chai lifeline may be able to give her a laptop for as long as she is here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics