Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Has anyone you know changed their mind
  1  2  3  10  11  12  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:40 am
either way regarding vaccines because of the covid situation?
I'm an antivaxxer whose kids got shots in september to be able to attend school. ha. what a sad joke.
I see more ppl questioning cdc and who every day and questioning why politicians get to make medical decisions for us but I havent heard from anyone that they changed their mind fully. its too hard to make the switch but in their minds they no longer unquestioningly believe and follow that cdc knows best.
what about ppl you know?

small bean

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:48 am
I believe vaccinations for certain things is important and will continue to vaccinate for those.

The WHO was never a reliable org and anyome who trusta them is missing many facts.

Alll I can say is I can understand where antivax is coming from. I still think that antivax is to black and white. ( and so is extreme pro vax) There's a lot of gray area here.

I have no plans to give hpv or a corona vaccine when it becomes available. If this would mean my kids can't go to school, I would not send them.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:50 am
No change.

What do you think of the way Israel handled the Corona outbreak?

Any other country?

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:52 am
On the contrary - I feel like I have a bigger understanding of the importance of vaccines. If only we had one for the coronavirus. Hope they develop one soon!

With all that we've experienced these past few weeks, I understand more of the helplessness of a disease going rampant with no way to stop it. I get what drove my great-grandparents to seek a safer place for raising their children and emigrated to the US, after 4 of their children died in an epidemic in Europe. If there was a land with vaccines for the coronavirus, I bet tons of people would want to move there.

happy chick

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:55 am
small bean wrote:
I believe vaccinations for certain things is important and will continue to vaccinate for those.

The WHO was never a reliable org and anyome who trusta them is missing many facts.

Alll I can say is I can understand where antivax is coming from. I still think that antivax is to black and white. ( and so is extreme pro vax) There's a lot of gray area here.

I have no plans to give hpv or a corona vaccine when it becomes available. If this would mean my kids can't go to school, I would not send them.

There isnt enough info yet to decide whether you would give it or not. If a vaccine will give lifetime immunity such as chick pox, mumps, measles or any other vaccine, I would def give it and I can't see why anyone who vaccinated wouldn't give it. If it's like the flu vaccine (which seems more likely) , which needs to be administered every season, I would not.

Op, I know I didn't answer your question as I am pro-vaccines. But I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

small bean

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:58 am
happy chick wrote:
There isnt enough info yet to decide whether you would give it or not. If a vaccine will give lifetime immunity such as chick pox, mumps, measles or any other vaccine, I would def give it and I can't see why anyone who vaccinated wouldn't give it. If it's like the flu vaccine (which seems more likely) , which needs to be administered every season, I would not.

Op, I know I didn't answer your question as I am pro-vaccines. But I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I'm not at all worried about corona. Not even a tiny bit. Why would I give a vaccine that the long term effects have not been studied and recorded? In 15 years I may decide it is now worth it. But at this point there is no reason to take it for something with so little risk.

Success10

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:59 am
happy chick wrote:

I would give it, even if it only lasted one season. Because if enough people get the vax, that might be enough to eradicate it. And yes, it might mutate like the flu and they'll have to make a new vax for the next year, but that's next year's problem.

happy chick

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:02 am
small bean wrote:
I'm not at all worried about corona. Not even a tiny bit. Why would I give a vaccine that the long term effects have not been studied and recorded? In 15 years I may decide it is now worth it. But at this point there is no reason to take it for something with so little risk.

Absolutely true, bottom line is that there isn't enough info yet to make an educated decision.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:03 am
I was a strong antivaxer and I now changed my mind. I'm not necessarily 100% with the CDC and WHO and I still have questions but I see now how data can be manipulated to make a point seem true. I see what an outbreak can look like and its ramifications. I understand that when the information is presented a certain way, it can be both convincing and misleading. And no matter how many drs say something that seems to make sense, when it comes down to life and death, only my own dr counts. I was petrified of side effects from shots and rarely give my kids even tylenol, but when I gave the shots mandatory for school, none of them had even the slightest side effects. Baruch Hashem. It is also healthier mentally not to be swimming in various conspiracy theories about people out to get you. I feel like I've achieved a healthy balance. I have yet to vaccinate my baby but iyh I will have to be smart about doing that before she starts preschool.
My kids are not traumatized at all from having to get so many shots within a small amount of time and they willingly came with me to the dr and rolled up their sleeves. Luckily, we were able to skip a nice amount of shots that they would have otherwise been given. BH for good health, which I will never take for granted.
I thank my drs office for being patient and understanding with us and making our transition seamless.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:07 am
I’m extremely pro-vaccine. All my kids get all of them on time. That being said, I’m not scared of getting coronavirus nor am I scared of my kids getting it. The vaccines for other disease like measles and smallpox have been rigorously tested and those disease are harmful to children so of course I would vaccinate against them. Coronavirus doesn’t have a large affect kids or young adults and any vaccine they come out with wouldn’t have been rigorously tested simply by virtue of it not being around long enough. The polio vaccine gave children Guillame Barre syndrome because it wasn’t adequately tested. They are rushing with this vaccine so I have no faith it will be tested well enough. So no way will I be giving my kids a vaccine for a disease that likely won’t effect them at all.
IMO the vaccine when it’s first available should only be given to people who are extremely high risk and their chance of dying is high enough to justify a potential bad vaccine outcome.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:14 am
small bean wrote:

I agree with the bolded. since I vaccinated my kids I'm seeing that if I was given the choice I would vaccinate for some but not for all. before the new law I was against all of them. problem is that the gray area is a very lonely place. most ppl are provax even if they delay a bit they still believe in the product and in the ppl recommending them. and the antivaxxers are also extreme in rejecting them all. as someone who was and still is to a certain extent an antivaxxer, I would want to hear balanced medical info. all I found was dr pauls friendly vacine schedule.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
No change.

What do you think of the way Israel handled the Corona outbreak?

Any other country?

I like how isreal handled the outbreak but also sweden. usa is a mess.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:16 am
Chayalle wrote:
On the contrary - I feel like I have a bigger understanding of the importance of vaccines. If only we had one for the coronavirus. Hope they develop one soon!

With all that we've experienced these past few weeks, I understand more of the helplessness of a disease going rampant with no way to stop it. I get what drove my great-grandparents to seek a safer place for raising their children and emigrated to the US, after 4 of their children died in an epidemic in Europe. If there was a land with vaccines for the coronavirus, I bet tons of people would want to move there.

I think your reaction is a very common one of pro-vaxxers. I wonder if anyone knows an antivaxxer who changed their mind because of a perspective like yours.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:20 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I’m extremely pro-vaccine. All my kids get all of them on time. That being said, I’m not scared of getting coronavirus nor am I scared of my kids getting it. The vaccines for other disease like measles and smallpox have been rigorously tested and those disease are harmful to children so of course I would vaccinate against them. Coronavirus doesn’t have a large affect kids or young adults and any vaccine they come out with wouldn’t have been rigorously tested simply by virtue of it not being around long enough. The polio vaccine gave children Guillame Barre syndrome because it wasn’t adequately tested. They are rushing with this vaccine so I have no faith it will be tested well enough. So no way will I be giving my kids a vaccine for a disease that likely won’t effect them at all.
IMO the vaccine when it’s first available should only be given to people who are extremely high risk and their chance of dying is high enough to justify a potential bad vaccine outcome.

smallpox vaccine isn't given anymore.
how is measles harmful to children? it makes them sick if thats what youre talking about but how is it harmful, asking honestly. adults have much harder time with measles and can be dangerous for preg women because mmr doesn't give 100% immunity ppl were scared last year that adults will catch it.

giselle

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I was a strong antivaxer and I now changed my mind. I'm not necessarily 100% with the CDC and WHO and I still have questions but I see now how data can be manipulated to make a point seem true. I see what an outbreak can look like and its ramifications. I understand that when the information is presented a certain way, it can be both convincing and misleading. And no matter how many drs say something that seems to make sense, when it comes down to life and death, only my own dr counts. I was petrified of side effects from shots and rarely give my kids even tylenol, but when I gave the shots mandatory for school, none of them had even the slightest side effects. Baruch Hashem. It is also healthier mentally not to be swimming in various conspiracy theories about people out to get you. I feel like I've achieved a healthy balance. I have yet to vaccinate my baby but iyh I will have to be smart about doing that before she starts preschool.
My kids are not traumatized at all from having to get so many shots within a small amount of time and they willingly came with me to the dr and rolled up their sleeves. Luckily, we were able to skip a nice amount of shots that they would have otherwise been given. BH for good health, which I will never take for granted.
I thank my drs office for being patient and understanding with us and making our transition seamless.

Good for you! Applause

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Sweden has a much higher death rate, and a much lower population density, than Israel.
Sweden has 271.92 deaths per million people, while Israel has 26.45 deaths per million people.

Are you starting to see what I'm saying?

You like how Sweden handled things, and how Israel handled things, but Sweden, if you crunch the numbers, is still doing pretty poorly. Worse than the US, in fact.

Country * Confirmed deaths (absolute) * Population (in millions) * Deaths per million
Belgium 7,924 * 11.42 * 693.74
Spain 25,428 * 46.72 * 544.22
Italy 29,079 * 60.43 * 481.19
United Kingdom 28,734 * 66.49 * 432.16
France 25,180 * 66.99 * 375.89
Netherlands 5,082 * 17.23 * 294.93
Sweden 2,769 * 10.18 * 271.92
Ireland 1,319 * 4.85 * 271.76
United States 68,826 * 327.17 * 210.37
Switzerland 1,784 * 8.52 * 209.47
Canada 4,003 * 37.06 * 108.02
Portugal 1,063 * 10.28 * 103.39
Ecuador 1,569 * 17.08 * 91.84

(Asterisks separate the columns; the formatting got messed up when I pasted.)

https://www.statista.com/stati.....ants/

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Okay. So Israel has mandatory vaccinations. Maybe you should be pro-vaxx now.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:33 am
small bean wrote:

Theres no reason to take it for something with so little risk ???? Are you kidding me ? Are you living on planet earth right now or are you digging your head into the sand ? Do you not see what's going on in the world ? Did you not hear or all the death that's going on ? It's mind boggling to me how even living through a major pandemic anti vaxxers are still so clueless to what's going on around them . Can't Believe It

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Okay. So Israel has mandatory vaccinations. Maybe you should be pro-vaxx now.

No, there is no law mandating vaccinations. It's just that most Israelis don't want their kids dying of preventable diseases, so they vaccinate of their own free will. BH BH BH

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

You weren't a STRONG anti vaxxer, or you wouldn't cave in at the time of the RE repeal and corona wasn't what changed your mind.
I agree with your sentiment about about a healthy middle ground, and that many anti AND pro vaxxers don't have that middle ground. I also agree that vaccines aren't the evil of the world. If it were up to me, if I were a parent in NY, I'd vaccinate my kids once the religious exemption was removed. Just because I'd feel forced, not because I'd believe in them more or less.
All of that said, I don't vaccinate my children and corona did nothing to change my stance.
Page 1 of 12   1  2  3  10  11  12  Next Recent Topics