Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Social Distancing
Previous  1  2  3  4

soap suds

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 9:33 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Actually, the neighborhood was hard hit because people were lax.
They are lax now because they have always been lax. That's how they got sick in the first place.
Now they are lucky that being lax is ok because they already have so many antibodies. It came at a very steep price and many people were lost.

I don’t think that’s true. People took it very seriously for the first few weeks. Unfortunately, it was too late then. It spread in our community at the time when the mayor was still encouraging people to go on the subway and eat out.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 9:57 pm
soap suds wrote:
I don’t think that’s true. People took it very seriously for the first few weeks. Unfortunately, it was too late then. It spread in our community at the time when the mayor was still encouraging people to go on the subway and eat out.

Not what I saw out my window. Not the neighbors. Not the shul across the street. Not the kollel on the block of my father that I drove to every morning to take care of him while he lay in bed with corona (he wasn't careful week after Purim and he got hit hard.)

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:03 pm
the places that got hit hard were the ones who got hit first R"L when there was silent spread and no one (except maybe the chinese) knew what that meant and what was coming Hashem Yishmor.
The other places had a bit of advantage of time to learn more, prepare, put protocols in place and the like.
Theres certainly a case for loosening lockdown but I do not understand the free for all of some like the crowded protests. I will be quite happy if no breakouts in a few weeks to a month from all that.
We need to daven and say tehilim.

Tzippy323

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:20 pm
To all of those that responded to my post, I am happy that you took the two me and effort. Let me say that in addition to being 60+, immunocompromised, and having many health challenges, I am multiply handicapped. I have severe asthma. I have cardiac issues. I can’t even see one of my doctors because his office is in the hospital, and that is n9t a safe place for me to be. My internist is wonderful. I trust him to the nth degree. At the beginning of this, he told me that I am in the highest risk category. I cannot leave my house safely. Many people in my neighborhood are no longer wearing masks. My neighbors have told me that in the grocery stores there is no social distancing, and even if some people are wearing masks, they are handling everything, including fruits and vegetables, and yes, I know I will wash and peel them, but it only takes one microbe. I understand that people have had enough. I understand that some have thought, from the outset, that the restrictions went overboard. But my life, as difficult as it is, is still precious to me. I can’t hug or kiss my grandchildren, but I can see them on zoom, and talk to them on the phone. Spending Pesach and Shavuous alone was very difficult. But my children are helping to keep me safe. One Friday night, after the seuda, it was pouring. I seriously thought about going out for a very short walk because no one else would be outside. But I didn’t because I would probably have gotten sick. If everyone continues to wear masks, and observes social distancing, maybe, just maybe, I will be able to buy my own flour one day. And just so you know, herd immunity is nonexistent for a virus like this. And when the vaccine becomes available, I will not be first in line because it has been rushed to market. But you better believe that once a sufficient number of people have had successful outcomes, I certainly will get on line.

Have a great Shabbos.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics