Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can you please stop?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:36 am
Fiveboyz wrote:
Wow how true to every word you say op. The lockdown and all that entails adult children home retired husband home behavioral kids home violent kid home is so mentally insane . My outlet was work I was able to escape what was beyond me to change a little piece of serenity . I was not stable before and now ? Forget about it !! I’m losing it every night I beg HaShem to take my neshShama and nit return it . I was the one who dreaded absolutely the ten day vacation in January just the thought of being with my kids for shushan Purim causes insomnia so you can imagine . I’m so hopeless and I agree let the ones who are scared who have medical conditions stay home but don’t tell me what to do
Thanks op for putting it down so eloquently

Hugs to you. Everyone forgets that there are adults Children at home with their parents too that can drive you up the wall.
Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug
Everyone needs to get out by now.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:43 am
fleetwood wrote:
I'm sorry,but people are allowed to comment🙄

So people should not care if they make people feel bad during a one the of worst times of their lives.
good to know.
you will make people feel bad no matter what because its allowed.
is that your soap box?

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'll keep my kids though, thanks!

I happen to be loving watching my kids grow every day, as a working mother I never had the luxury of spending this much time with them. But the circumstances are going to kill me!

Who remembers Occupy Wall Street? Can we start an Occupy Playground (see I'm getting the hang of the park / playground thing) movement?

Me too. Especially grateful for the extra time to be with them because for the past 3 years they were unfortunately farmed out a ton.
But at this point, everyone needs structure and I need brain space...

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:05 pm
Jewishmom8 wrote:
So people should not care if they make people feel bad during a one the of worst times of their lives.
good to know.
you will make people feel bad no matter what because its allowed.
is that your soap box?

I didn't make anyone feel bad,don't accuse me of having a soap box.If she doesn't want comments try to get the thread locked.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:12 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I didn't make anyone feel bad,don't accuse me of having a soap box.If she doesn't want comments try to get the thread locked.

If you've been asked to stop commenting and start a spin off, the nice thing to do is just that. Why do you must comment after being asked countless times to please stop? Are you an adult or child? Are people really that dumb or just immature and obnoxious?
The thread doesn't need to be locked because some immature posters that think they must comment because they're "allowed" to. We are entitled to vent. Holier than thou posters that are always doing the right and safe thing are welcome to start a spin off.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:12 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Newsflash..many of us in Brooklyn have backyards...

It looks like most people in Brooklyn live in apartments and many houses have very small yards. I guess that even a small porch is better than nothing but I still isn't enough for months on end with kids. I think that closer to Midwood and Mill Basin there are better backyards.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:20 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
If you've been asked to stop commenting and start a spin off, the nice thing to do is just that. Why do you must comment after being asked countless times to please stop? Are you an adult or child? Are people really that dumb or just immature and obnoxious?
The thread doesn't need to be locked because some immature posters that think they must comment because they're "allowed" to. We are entitled to vent. Holier than thou posters that are always doing the right and safe thing are welcome to start a spin off.

I'm not dumb or obnoxious or a child. In fact,I didn't even comment to the o.p. But thanks for those lovely words..real classy of you.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:25 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I'm not dumb or obnoxious or a child. In fact,I didn't even comment to the o.p. But thanks for those lovely words..real classy of you.

It's not directed at you per se, but to all commentors on this thread.
You said people are "allowed" to comment. That doesn't mean that they must comment, especially after being asked countless times to please stop.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:50 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It looks like most people in Brooklyn live in apartments and many houses have very small yards. I guess that even a small porch is better than nothing but I still isn't enough for months on end with kids. I think that closer to Midwood and Mill Basin there are better backyards.

I was thinking the same. Many does not equal most.

And if you do have. It's a blessing from HKBH. This whole thing has broken my heart.

Children need space from their parents just as much as parents need space. They need to go play and create their own worlds and think and explore with some independence.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:15 pm
Op thank you for starting this thread.

this topic was important for some people to hear.

May hashem gives us the insight and depth to HEAR people from different experiences, cultures and communities.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:18 pm
Ok please take fighting, as well as discussions about masks and local parks (not playgrounds) elsewhere, this isn't what we're talking about.

This whole situation has gone on for way too long, we live in our apartment because it works in normal life, if you would have told me this was coming I would have quit my job and found a new one upstate but no one told me that we'd be banned from school, from playgrounds, from LIFE even as riots and protestors crowd our streets. And not only does the governor have the chutzpa to tell us to be creative, but so many fellow mothers who are supposed to be the ones supporting us through this are saying things like "Well if you can't stay home with your kids, why did you have kids?" Like seriously? Are you really asking that?

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:31 pm
Playground and parks are crucial yes I agree that for small children outdoor space is essential regardless of the weather . Lockdown orders for adult teen kids at home who already have zero motivation zero umph to get off the couch . Any idea how mentally crippling it is to see my adult kids cannot work cannot go to the gym? The little bit they did do is gone. Avinu please look down at the little kids the big kids and the adult kids look at the mothers who are literally ripping apart their hair. People that are scared stay home at this point let others decide if the risks out weigh the benefits

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:40 pm
southernbubby wrote:

Unless you live in a building or two/multi-family house with no porch or access to the backyard which is the case for many people in Midwood.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:08 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
You are comparing the risks of going without a mask to drunk driving???

A more reasonable comparison is walking without a mask is SAFER than driving in a car.
40,000 killed in car crashes per year.

If you're scared to go in a car - don't
If you're scared to walk outside without a mask - don't

I will drive in a car and walk outside without a mask.

Masks don't protect you; they protect others.

When I get in a car, I assume the risk myself.

When you walk without a mask, you are telling me that you don't give a hoot if you infect me.

I get serious cognitive dissonance in seeing Jewish men with kippot and tzitizit, women with every last hair covered, wearing 3/4 sleeves and high-necked shirts in the heat. And refusing to wear masks. Why is bein adam v;Hashem so important, but bein adam v'adam so unimportant?

To be clear, I don't care if you and your besties sit arm and arm and breathe on each other because you believe that you're all somehow protected. But when you're around others, wear a mask.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:11 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Masks don't protect you; they protect others.

When I get in a car, I assume the risk myself.

When you walk without a mask, you are telling me that you don't give a hoot if you infect me.

I get serious cognitive dissonance in seeing Jewish men with kippot and tzitizit, women with every last hair covered, wearing 3/4 sleeves and high-necked shirts in the heat. And refusing to wear masks. Why is bein adam v;Hashem so important, but bein adam v'adam so unimportant?

To be clear, I don't care if you and your besties sit arm and arm and breathe on each other because you believe that you're all somehow protected. But when you're around others, wear a mask.

I agree but also wonder why the theory is that they don't protect the wearer. I made mine out of 3 layers of fabric, cotton on the outside and pantyhose in the middle and they cover most of my face. Why wouldn't that protect me too?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so so so frustrated.

Can everyone who feels the need to put down those of us who are tearing out hair out by Day 29362618472 of lockdown please be quiet?
Yes, I am furious that the parks (we call them parks, stop being obnoxious about reminding us that they're playgrounds, in our world, they're parks) are closed. Absolutely furious. Don't tell me to be creative. I'm working full time with my very very little kids home full time and we live in a tiny apartment with no grass in sight. Just stop. Stop telling me I shouldn't have had kids if I can handle being home with them. Stop telling me that people are dying so playgrounds are meaningless. Stop telling me that back in your days you didn't have parks and you were just fine.
Well I'm not fine! And my kids are not fine! We held it together for a while and now it's too much.
Especially if you don't live in Brooklyn, you have no idea how insane the last few months have been for us and you certainly have no right to preach about how ungrateful / immature / incapable / uncreative we are.

Thanks for listening.

Everyone can sympathize but sorry, there is absolutely no excuse for doing away with social distancing and putting other people at risk

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:18 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
My opinion is that all these women that keep criticizing either have no kids, don't live in Brooklyn, or are just presenting themselves online as holy righteous women that are always doing the right thing while in real life they're really like the rest of us going nuts at home.
We live in Monsey, my kids are bh outside all day. But we're all going nuts by now, they're craving structure.
We're all entitled to complain and vent without being subjected to a barrage of bashes and insults.

I have all those in common, live in Brooklyn, kids, and no I don’t see it as a tragedy. We make the best of it, we enjoy having so much family time, doing things together around the house, and we’re very Very grateful to be healthy. Nothing is bore important. So no I’m not tearing my hair out. I, making the best of the situation and seeing it as doing our part to keep ourselves and you and yours safe and healthy. Don’t curse the darkness, light a candle.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:18 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Everyone can sympathize but sorry, there is absolutely no excuse for doing away with social distancing and people other people at risk

What

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok forgive me for picking on your but THIS is the problem.

It's been a gazillion and five days of this!!!! My kids are very young (none above toddler and there are a few so use your imagination) so I can't have them walk further than I know they'll be able to walk home. We don't own a car, we work so we can't find a time that both my husband and I can take the kids together on a bus and we have one solitary patch of grass that we have access to.

I'm finished!!!!!!! If the whole Brooklyn can squash themselves into a town square to protest whatever it is, my children and I (who btw, already all got this virus before Pesach) can go to the playground.

Please please please stop claiming it's not as bad as we make it sound. It's worse.

I don’t understand non logic at all that everyone who complains keeps saying. So the protesters out everyone and risk and the numbers went up and so now you believe we yidden should do the same thing and put even more people at risk and make a worse spike}

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Same
Also in Brooklyn
I'm done. No more social distancing for me. No more masks for me. Living my life the way I like it.
Cuomo and Deblasio go to he** and fight there, not on our backs, not on our sanity. Biggest hypocrites. Pretending to be serious about a pandemic when protesters and rioters run wild wherever and whenever they want.
Give me a break.
They just like the power grab. I don't let them shut us down anymore. I'm in charge of my own life. I send my children out as much as possible to play with their friends. I'm in charge of my family's mental health and safety, not two arrogant crooked politicians.
I followed all the rules to a T till George Floyd. True colors showed then. No more pretend safety rules for me. This city has collapsed under the whims of madmen and I refuse to play along.
Schools, camps, playgrounds, I'm in.

You’re also saying go to h$#@ to everyone else who you put at risk by deciding not to use masks or sd any more.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics