Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can you please stop?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:04 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
As Taupe said.
I feel for you, I know it is hard living in an apartment with kids, working from home, with the kids bored and having nowhere to go.

That doesn't excuse the chillul Hashem and I am failing to see why that prevents people from wearing masks.

It makes me feel like you are so wrapped up in your own bubble that you could not care less if you put others at risk.

Did you know that's actually dangerous for some people to wear masks?! So before you preach, think!

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:06 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Did you know that's actually dangerous for some people to wear masks?! So before you preach, think!

This would be a great DLKZ if most people were wearing masks with a few exceptions. As it isn't true, it's a bit feeble.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:06 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Same
Also in Brooklyn
I'm done. No more social distancing for me. No more masks for me. Living my life the way I like it.
Cuomo and Deblasio go to he** and fight there, not on our backs, not on our sanity. Biggest hypocrites. Pretending to be serious about a pandemic when protesters and rioters run wild wherever and whenever they want.
Give me a break.
They just like the power grab. I don't let them shut us down anymore. I'm in charge of my own life. I send my children out as much as possible to play with their friends. I'm in charge of my family's mental health and safety, not two arrogant crooked politicians.
I followed all the rules to a T till George Floyd. True colors showed then. No more pretend safety rules for me. This city has collapsed under the whims of madmen and I refuse to play along.
Schools, camps, playgrounds, I'm in.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:08 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
This would be a great DLKZ if most people were wearing masks with a few exceptions. As it isn't true, it's a bit feeble.

Listen to me, listen very carefully to what I have to say

If you feel unsafe or if you feel that you cannot leave your house without a mask, don't!
If I feel safe and I believe that I can leave my house without a mask, I will!

The end!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:12 pm
I honestly don’t know how Brooklynites in small apartments survive. My mother downsized a few years ago from a house to an apartment there and when I go visit just for a Shabbos with my kids I go crazy from feeling cooped up. I had a hard time with Covid and I live on almost an acre of parklike property so I can’t even imagine what you are dealing with. And growing up, I went to 18th ave Park almost every single day with my siblings during the Spring and Summer time. It was where we let off steam. So I know how essential the playgrounds are over there.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:12 pm
Listen to me, listen very carefully to what I have to say

If you feel unsafe or if you feel that you cannot leave your house without a mask, don't!
If I feel safe and I believe that I can leave my house without a mask, I will!

The end!

So with that frame of mind, is it ok to say the following:

If you feel unsafe to drink and drive - don't!
If I feel safe drinking and driving - I will!

?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

?

This is a great topic for a spin-off.

We are discussing the insensitivity and downright cruelty of women making fun of and demeaning women who are at their wit's end because they don't understand the circumstances.

And the woman venting ( Hi ) is wearing a mask outside so yeah.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

You only need a mask indoors or where you cannot SD from others. So walking on a busy sidewalk. Yes. Sitting on a park bench with your immediate family and stramgers 6 feet away no.

And children under 10 no

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so so so frustrated.

Can everyone who feels the need to put down those of us who are tearing out hair out by Day 29362618472 of lockdown please be quiet?
Yes, I am furious that the parks (we call them parks, stop being obnoxious about reminding us that they're playgrounds, in our world, they're parks) are closed. Absolutely furious. Don't tell me to be creative. I'm working full time with my very very little kids home full time and we live in a tiny apartment with no grass in sight. Just stop. Stop telling me I shouldn't have had kids if I can handle being home with them. Stop telling me that people are dying so playgrounds are meaningless. Stop telling me that back in your days you didn't have parks and you were just fine.
Well I'm not fine! And my kids are not fine! We held it together for a while and now it's too much.
Especially if you don't live in Brooklyn, you have no idea how insane the last few months have been for us and you certainly have no right to preach about how ungrateful / immature / incapable / uncreative we are.

Thanks for listening.

Op I love you. And don’t listen to anyone on here that’s giving negative vibes.
I decided that at this point it’s either the virus that’ll kill me or my mental health going to h@ll

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:19 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Op I love you. And don’t listen to anyone on here that’s giving negative vibes.
I decided that at this point it’s either the virus that’ll kill me or my mental health going to h@ll

I got the virus already!!!!! Yes, I made Pesach all alone while sick with the dreaded virus and my husband and kids had it too. (Full disclosure, it wasn't that bad BH BH, I thank Hashem every day that my family was spared the extent that this virus can reach)

So basically, the virus didn't kill me. The mental breakdown coming momentarily likely will.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:19 pm

?

Please start a spin off with a fight about masks.
This thread isn't about masks.
We all know that mask wearing doesn't fall in the same category as drunk driving.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:20 pm

?

Oh so now your comparing apples to oranges?!

Nice.

If this would have been still in March, April. Maybe I would have agreed with you, but not now, sorry!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:21 pm
Oh so now your compare apples to oranges?!

Nice.

SPIN OFF!

This is literally why spin offs were invented.

Thanks.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got the virus already!!!!! Yes, I made Pesach all alone while sick with the dreaded virus and my husband and kids had it too. (Full disclosure, it wasn't that bad BH BH, I thank Hashem every day that my family was spared the extent that this virus can reach)

So basically, the virus didn't kill me. The mental breakdown coming momentarily likely will.

BH!! - Now what about others?

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:23 pm

By now the toll this is taking on our mental health is more risky than the virus.
High risk and elderly people should continue to stay home, the rest of us should go on with our lives.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:24 pm

I really don't understand what you want from me. Spell it out please. You think I don't remember what April looked like? You think I didn't lose family members? You think I didn't cry at night listening to hatzala go all night long? Just stop preaching.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
SPIN OFF!

This is literally why spin offs were invented.

Thanks.

Agree,

When I saw that comment, I just had to comment

LOL

Geulanow

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:26 pm
I don't understand how people say it is a chilul Hashem for Jewish women to beg for their parks to be open. People didn't practice social distancing during protests. The risk to a mother and her childrens' mental health from being indoors and bored is much more probable than them getting coronavirus at a park. There is clearly a double standard when people could join the protests but prohibits mothers taking their children to a park or small businesses from opening.

trixx

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:26 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
There are lots of places with green spaces in Brooklyn you can go to. Yes, some are a schlep. Yes, many people in those places aren’t SD or wearing masks, but there are places you can carve out a little piece for just yourself and your family. No, the kids won’t have playground equipment but they can run, scooter, bike (if distance isn’t too great or you can even make it a fun walk if it’s a reasonable walking distance). Buy hoola-hoops, bubbles, bring toys. People complaining that their kids are stuck inside all day are doing it to themselves.

Obviously this doesn’t apply to all situations.

You're literally the kind of person OP is yelling about.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:28 pm
Aaaahhhhhhhh I love good people!!!! Hooray

Starting this thread was the best idea I had today. Thank you to all those who took the time to make sure I know I'm not alone in this madness.
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics