Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can you please stop?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I really don't understand what you want from me. Spell it out please. You think I don't remember what April looked like? You think I didn't lose family members? You think I didn't cry at night listening to hatzala go all night long? Just stop preaching.

You are supposed to go to the liquor store, stock up on alcohol and drink your problems away. That is why liquor stores are essential while playgrounds are not at least according to all the imamothers who support the protests/riots and liquor stores being open while screaming that playgrounds are dangerous. L'Chaim! Its purim all year round in 2020 Twisted Evil

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
BH!! - Now what about others?

I was always thinking if it's true the a blonde is dumb 🙄

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:32 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I was always thinking if it's true the a blonde is dumb 🙄

Not nice. Fix it please.

zohar

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:35 pm
How is this a chilul Hashem? It's getting a lot of attention on Twitter and I'm seeing lots and lots of positive feedback from non Jews. Almost no negative feedback, and the negative feedback is usually from antisemites. They see mother's and children protesting peacefully and they sympathize. I've even seen quite a few non Jews commenting on our Jewish childrens' sweetness and charm.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:35 pm
Hey op. totally with you. I just don't really care if parks are open or not at this point. because honestly I don't even have koach to shlep out and coordinate myself to get there...
so kol hakoved for you

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I really don't understand what you want from me. Spell it out please. You think I don't remember what April looked like? You think I didn't lose family members? You think I didn't cry at night listening to hatzala go all night long? Just stop preaching.

I don't want anything from you. I emphasize deeply with you.

It's just the attitude of 'me me me' that rubs me the wrong way. Not you personally at all, (I totally understand you) but the entire community as a whole. We don't come with the argument that we understand this contagion can hurt many people, but we have urgent needs too, so what can be worked out. We rather make our arguments as this is what we need and we must have it - and the h*ll to the rest of the world. Anyone who dares so much to mention the concerns is either marked as anti-semite, Jew Hater or that we totally don't get you. Anyone who so much mentions that the virus is not gone yet and still poses risks is deemed naive or having the head in the sand, because the NYCers have decided otherwise. I truly hope that the NYCers are right and this lull in the pandemic will have it fading away into oblivion, but what if the NYCers are wrong? Does society have to willingly accept those consequences because we have decided that the risk is palatable?

What's needed to be understood is that these decisions don't only affect our own circles. And this repeated statements that people make about doing as they wish, with total disregard of society is just maddening - and so very sad that its coming from us Jewish people.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
You are supposed to go to the liquor store, stock up on alcohol and drink your problems away. That is why liquor stores are essential while playgrounds are not at least according to all the imamothers who support the protests/riots and liquor stores being open while screaming that playgrounds are dangerous. L'Chaim! Its purim all year round in 2020 Twisted Evil

I chose to become sober February 13. It was the right time. I'm not going back on that now- it was a commitment. I just hope the expense of the commitment won't be psych meds (I did schedule an intake eval with a psychiatrist though-not a stop I'd ever thought I'd have to take!). Trying to move out of Brooklyn, but moving with a family is hard. Iyh by next summer I'm out though. Can't risk being stuck like this ever again.
OP- I'm with you!!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:43 pm
Growing up in Brooklyn, and then living there with 2 little kids in a tiny apt, I believe every single word you said all along in this thread. Even I don't live Brooklyn anymore, this whole situation has sucked up every last bit of strength left in me. I am totally done too! Bh my girls started school, few hours a day without transportation, I thank Hashem every day for that. Hugs to you and hope thinks change very very soon.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:44 pm

It's just the attitude of 'me me me' that rubs me the wrong way. Not you personally at all, (I totally understand you) but the entire community as a whole. We don't come with the argument that we understand this contagion can hurt many people, but we have urgent needs too, so what can be worked out. We rather make our arguments as this is what we need and we must have it - and the h*ll to the rest of the world. Anyone who dares so much to mention the concerns is either marked as anti-semite, Jew Hater or that we totally don't get you. Anyone who so much mentions that the virus is not gone yet and still poses risks is deemed naive or having the head in the sand, because the NYCers have decided otherwise. I truly hope that the NYCers are right and this lull in the pandemic will have it fading away into oblivion, but what if the NYCers are wrong? Does society have to willingly accept those consequences because we have decided that the risk is palatable?

What's needed to be understood is that these decisions don't only affect our own circles. And this repeated statements that people make about doing as they wish, with total disregard of society is just maddening - and so very sad that its coming from us Jewish people.

PLEASE GO AWAY AND START A SPIN OFF WITH YOUR OPINIONS. WE'RE ALLOWED TO HAVE A SAFE PLACE TO VENT AND COMPLAIN.
START A SPIN OFF FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:45 pm
Op,
would this be an option for you-
get 1 or 2 highschool girls for an hour or 2 in the afternoon so you can have a little breather?
this is what I've been doing the last week or so, since we got the medical go ahead to expand our social circle a bit. its really been a lifesaver for me. I'm not getting much done. today (like many others) it was eating breakfast at 5 pm Can't Believe It
I send them out on a walk or if its an option to the girls front or backyard and I literally just BREATHE for a few minutes...

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:46 pm

blablablablablablablalbla

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:48 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

Ah. le'me go paint & decorate my mask. (couldn't figure out why were wearing that in June Tongue Out I think I'll be a tiger raaaa

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:50 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Op,
would this be an option for you-
get 1 or 2 highschool girls for an hour or 2 in the afternoon so you can have a little breather?
this is what I've been doing the last week or so, since we got the medical go ahead to expand our social circle a bit. its really been a lifesaver for me. I'm not getting much done. today (like many others) it was eating breakfast at 5 pm Can't Believe It
I send them out on a walk or if its an option to the girls front or backyard and I literally just BREATHE for a few minutes...

I'm actually, please G-d, going back to work in the office the first week of July for a few hours a day and my kids are going to half day of day camp!!!! Wooohooooooooo. Counting down the minutes here. The issue is there are no open babysitters for my youngest but we're still praying. So sanity is at the end of the tunnel, I just need to get there.

That said, we neeeeeeed our playground and splash pads! Summer in the city is At wits end

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:51 pm
OP- I just want to give you a big hug! And yes it stinks when people who are trying to be helpful give totally unrealistic ideas like, “buy lots of games and toys.” Um, with what money?
If it makes you feel any better, my sister lives on the 14th floor in Manhattan. She can’t get into the elevator with anyone else in it, so do you know how long she and her preschooler wait for the elevator some days, just to go out for a walk? A loooong time.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:59 pm
major hugs.
I grew up in the city so I'm familiar with apartment living. I always say this must be so difficult for people who are stuck in small apartments right now. We were pretty ok because we have our backyard with a swingset... there's lots of outdoor space for the kids to go bikeriding...I don't think it's fair for people who are living like me to judge people who aren't.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:31 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I chose to become sober February 13. It was the right time. I'm not going back on that now- it was a commitment. I just hope the expense of the commitment won't be psych meds (I did schedule an intake eval with a psychiatrist though-not a stop I'd ever thought I'd have to take!). Trying to move out of Brooklyn, but moving with a family is hard. Iyh by next summer I'm out though. Can't risk being stuck like this ever again.
OP- I'm with you!!

I think that whoever can should move out of Brooklyn. People with back yards are better off.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:33 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
OP- I just want to give you a big hug! And yes it stinks when people who are trying to be helpful give totally unrealistic ideas like, “buy lots of games and toys.” Um, with what money?
If it makes you feel any better, my sister lives on the 14th floor in Manhattan. She can’t get into the elevator with anyone else in it, so do you know how long she and her preschooler wait for the elevator some days, just to go out for a walk? A loooong time.

Whoever says to buy lots of toys and games should put their money where their mouth is.

soap suds

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so so so frustrated.

Can everyone who feels the need to put down those of us who are tearing out hair out by Day 29362618472 of lockdown please be quiet?
Yes, I am furious that the parks (we call them parks, stop being obnoxious about reminding us that they're playgrounds, in our world, they're parks) are closed. Absolutely furious. Don't tell me to be creative. I'm working full time with my very very little kids home full time and we live in a tiny apartment with no grass in sight. Just stop. Stop telling me I shouldn't have had kids if I can handle being home with them. Stop telling me that people are dying so playgrounds are meaningless. Stop telling me that back in your days you didn't have parks and you were just fine.
Well I'm not fine! And my kids are not fine! We held it together for a while and now it's too much.
Especially if you don't live in Brooklyn, you have no idea how insane the last few months have been for us and you certainly have no right to preach about how ungrateful / immature / incapable / uncreative we are.

Thanks for listening.
Applause Applause Applause Applause

soap suds

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
There are lots of places with green spaces in Brooklyn you can go to. Yes, some are a schlep. Yes, many people in those places aren’t SD or wearing masks, but there are places you can carve out a little piece for just yourself and your family. No, the kids won’t have playground equipment but they can run, scooter, bike (if distance isn’t too great or you can even make it a fun walk if it’s a reasonable walking distance). Buy hoola-hoops, bubbles, bring toys. People complaining that their kids are stuck inside all day are doing it to themselves.

Obviously this doesn’t apply to all situations.
oh, come on! Did you have to say it on this thread?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:44 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
There are lots of places with green spaces in Brooklyn you can go to. Yes, some are a schlep. Yes, many people in those places aren’t SD or wearing masks, but there are places you can carve out a little piece for just yourself and your family. No, the kids won’t have playground equipment but they can run, scooter, bike (if distance isn’t too great or you can even make it a fun walk if it’s a reasonable walking distance). Buy hoola-hoops, bubbles, bring toys. People complaining that their kids are stuck inside all day are doing it to themselves.

Obviously this doesn’t apply to all situations.

Me thinks we've got that part down pat.
It's inadequate but thank you for trying to help.
I don't have a car because I can't afford one. The closest parks are 45 min-1hour walk each way through bad neighborhoods.
I do happen to have a patch of cement for the kids to play on. Not big enough for my boys who are desperate for a good old game of soccer or football.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics