Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can you please stop?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:02 am
Maybe a little off topic, but it was mentioned in the OP. What's wrong with saying parks? What

I assume there are at least a couple trees and benches, no?

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:02 am
That sounds extremely difficult OP. To have to work with lots of little ones in a cramped space. You have had this quarantine/sd challengingly hard.

When people defend the policy they dont mean to be hard on you, they just understand the logic behind it is all.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:04 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
So with that frame of mind, is it ok to say the following:

If you feel unsafe to drink and drive - don't!
If I feel safe drinking and driving - I will!

?

You are comparing the risks of going without a mask to drunk driving???

A more reasonable comparison is walking without a mask is SAFER than driving in a car.
40,000 killed in car crashes per year.

If you're scared to go in a car - don't
If you're scared to walk outside without a mask - don't

I will drive in a car and walk outside without a mask.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:07 am
#BestBubby wrote:
You are comparing the risks of going without a mask to drunk driving???

A more reasonable comparison is walking without a mask is SAFER than driving in a car.
40,000 killed in car crashes per year.

If you're scared to go in a car - don't
If you're scared to walk outside without a mask - don't

I will drive in a car and walk outside without a mask.

Pleeeeease can you spin off a new thread where you can argue about masks?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
That sounds extremely difficult OP. To have to work with lots of little ones in a cramped space. You have had this quarantine/sd challengingly hard.

When people defend the policy they dont mean to be hard on you, they just understand the logic behind it is all.

Ok so I'm also a very logical person. As a matter of fact, we took (and still take) SD very seriously. I read a lot of the studies about the virus etc. HOWEVER, any sane human living in Brooklyn now can attest that this is not about health anymore, it's about politics. Two months ago, I wouldn't dare suggest this but now, it's time.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Maybe a little off topic, but it was mentioned in the OP. What's wrong with saying parks? What

I assume there are at least a couple trees and benches, no?

I've learned over the last few (thousand) threads that to people outside my Brooklyn neighborhood and world, park and playground don't mean the same things.
Park - grass, open space, a bench if you're lucky
Playground - jungle gym with slides and swings

So when we were discussing the absurdity of parks being closed, many very well meaning posters felt the need to point out that parks are technically open while playgrounds are not and that turned into a whole issue so I felt the need the clarify.

soap suds

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:15 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

Logic?? If you see a shred of logic in anything going on in NYC right now, please by all means, show me. I’ve been looking for logic for a long time now. Logic has been MIA for a while now.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've learned over the last few (thousand) threads that to people outside my Brooklyn neighborhood and world, park and playground don't mean the same things.
Park - grass, open space, a bench if you're lucky
Playground - jungle gym with slides and swings

So when we were discussing the absurdity of parks being closed, many very well meaning posters felt the need to point out that parks are technically open while playgrounds are not and that turned into a whole issue so I felt the need the clarify.

Ooohhhh funny, I never thought about it (guess I missed those threads).

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:24 am
You spoiled little brat.
Where did you find a patch of grass in Brooklyn?!
The only patch of grass I have is in a foam plate my son made for Shavuot.
Can you let me in on the location?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:33 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
You spoiled little brat.
Where did you find a patch of grass in Brooklyn?!
The only patch of grass I have is in a foam plate my son made for Shavuot.
Can you let me in on the location?

LOL LOL
Nope not sharing! I'm already sharing this patch of grass with like 40 frum families and 70 black families and some assorted Hispanic families on random days so there is not much space left Can't Believe It

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:51 am
Thank you op for saying this! And letting us vent.

I live in a small apartment with 4 little kids (our moving plans got delayed bec of covid) and am seriously going crazy. The playgrounds nearby are all closed and the closest park is a good 40 minute walk away. Going on bus there is not simple - try folding a stroller , holding the baby, holding the toddlers hand, holding everything we need to take along (diapers, food, things to play with) plus keep an eye on the other two.... all at the same time. I don't even try to attempt it. I take my kids out in front of the building to play but it's very difficult keeping them out of the way when people walk or bike by while they are trying to blow bubble or color with chalk. They have bikes/scooters they ride but I have to watch them at all times - cars go in and out of driveways so it's scary.

I am prone to depression but bh always had it under control, till now. In the beginning of this I managed - we baked, did fun activities and etc.... But now I AM DONE. And feel like I can't do it anymore. Every day I have to push myself to get up and get through the day AGAIN. And honestly at this point (and I know some people will think I'm crazy for saying this) even if I know for sure I'd get the virus if things open up, I'd rather get the virus and be able to go out places. And yes I know the risks, I know people who passed away and how sick people felt but I'm young, my kids are young and at this point I think getting the virus would be better for us then what will happen to my mental health otherwise.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:58 am
Maybe you should look for a more comprehensive solution to your problem...

trixx

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:03 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

Maybe you should cosign for her and lend her a down payment, interest free, to buy the house you clearly think she needs.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:08 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

Like switch apartments for a few days? You get to keep ops kids for those few days while op goes suntanning 😎

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
LOL LOL
Nope not sharing! I'm already sharing this patch of grass with like 40 frum families and 70 black families and some assorted Hispanic families on random days so there is not much space left Can't Believe It

At least your not a racist.
But your definitely an anti Semite.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:11 am
trixx wrote:
Maybe you should cosign for her and lend her a down payment, interest free, to buy the house you clearly think she needs.

Ah., much better solution. I’m lining up.
Does 4 kids in a 1 br apt grant you eligibility?

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:12 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
At least your not a racist.
But your definitely an anti Semite.

Nah, she just doesn’t want deblasio to have to leave his sickbed to come chase away couple of kids with kippahs.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:22 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Nah, she just doesn’t want deblasio to have to leave his sickbed to come chase away couple of kids with kippahs.

Ah. That makes more sense.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:28 am
this is such an insane time OP. I hope you have a wonderful day today.
Vent all you want.
All you people and your comments just stop already.
The toll of the lockdown-stay at home order- whatever you call it is going to be way worse than the actual virus for a thousand reasons.
When my younger children were home for weeks on end I was seriously not coping at all.
I live in fear of having the schools closed again where I live.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok so I'm also a very logical person. As a matter of fact, we took (and still take) SD very seriously. I read a lot of the studies about the virus etc. HOWEVER, any sane human living in Brooklyn now can attest that this is not about health anymore, it's about politics. Two months ago, I wouldn't dare suggest this but now, it's time.

I don't agree with everything you have said - but the fact that so much of the laws are on politics is so right. I feel the same thing is going on in Israel. The Ministry of Health (MOH) literally cannot even pick the laws themselves. I've read articles about them being scared that people are being reckless, numbers will go up, it's dangerous, and yet now you can have up to 250 guests at a simcha INDOORS.

It's like, I thought YOU make the rules?
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics