Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can you please stop?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:20 am
trixx wrote:
Maybe you should cosign for her and lend her a down payment, interest free, to buy the house you clearly think she needs.

I like it! You have excellent ideas trixx!

What type of comprehensive solution were you thinking of dear amother? I'm very open to solutions

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:24 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Like switch apartments for a few days? You get to keep ops kids for those few days while op goes suntanning 😎

I'll keep my kids though, thanks!

I happen to be loving watching my kids grow every day, as a working mother I never had the luxury of spending this much time with them. But the circumstances are going to kill me!

Who remembers Occupy Wall Street? Can we start an Occupy Playground (see I'm getting the hang of the park / playground thing) movement?

4g01o

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:27 am
I'm with you!!
I'm begging dh to stop paying fees for my year 6 son who is officially allowed to start school, but school refuses saying that it's still too dangerous. For Goodness sake these poor kids need some school, and a play area at least!!!
Fed up and angry too x

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:33 am
southernbubby wrote:
I think that whoever can should move out of Brooklyn. People with back yards are better off.

Newsflash..many of us in Brooklyn have backyards...

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:35 am
[quote="amother [ Apricot ]"]You spoiled little brat.
Where did you find a patch of grass in Brooklyn?!
The only patch of grass I have is in a foam plate my son made for Shavuot.
Can you let me in on the location?[/quote

Umm, parks have grass... Prospect Park,Marine park etc...

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:36 am
Jewishmom8 wrote:
this is such an insane time OP. I hope you have a wonderful day today.
Vent all you want.
All you people and your comments just stop already.
The toll of the lockdown-stay at home order- whatever you call it is going to be way worse than the actual virus for a thousand reasons.
When my younger children were home for weeks on end I was seriously not coping at all.
I live in fear of having the schools closed again where I live.

I'm sorry,but people are allowed to comment🙄

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:38 am
Can those of you not wearing masks and not social distancing please let us know which stores and shuls you go to. Thanks.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:40 am
Jewishmom8 wrote:
All you people and your comments just stop already.

I'm just here for the ratio.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:46 am
[quote="fleetwood"]
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
You spoiled little brat.

Baaaaaaaaah. I KNOW! But I don't live close enough to those parks that I can guarantee that my kids will handle walking home after playing and the last thing we all need is for my kids to stage a protest between the park and home. Though truthfully they'd probably get lots of support so maybe we should just risk it.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:50 am
[quote="fleetwood"]
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
You spoiled little brat.

As does central park, the catskills, and Yosemite.
What are we waiting for? Hop to it or we'll only have ourselves to blame.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I chose to become sober February 13. It was the right time. I'm not going back on that now- it was a commitment. I just hope the expense of the commitment won't be psych meds (I did schedule an intake eval with a psychiatrist though-not a stop I'd ever thought I'd have to take!). Trying to move out of Brooklyn, but moving with a family is hard. Iyh by next summer I'm out though. Can't risk being stuck like this ever again.
OP- I'm with you!!

How could anyone miss Forestgreen dire situation? Hang on to your sobriety. This is a really tough time. Get all the help you need and huge (((hugs)))

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:16 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
As does central park, the catskills, and Yosemite.
What are we waiting for? Hop to it or we'll only have ourselves to blame.

Excuse me. Someone asked about parks in Bklyn and I answered. No need for snide response.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:46 am
I'm pretty sure that people who live in Brooklyn know the names of the parks in Brooklyn.

soap suds

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:50 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Can those of you not wearing masks and not social distancing please let us know which stores and shuls you go to. Thanks.

ALL of the stores and ALL of the shuls in my neigborhood. So if you live here, you'll just have to stay home, and if you don't then it doesnt matter.

soap suds

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:53 am
fleetwood wrote:
I'm sorry,but people are allowed to comment🙄

Of course they are. But OP started this thread to vent about how fed up she is with these comments. So it would be nice if people chose one of the other 25 threads to make these comments. Some people seem to get a kick out of rubbing it in OP's face.

Supermom#1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok forgive me for picking on your but THIS is the problem.

It's been a gazillion and five days of this!!!! My kids are very young (none above toddler and there are a few so use your imagination) so I can't have them walk further than I know they'll be able to walk home. We don't own a car, we work so we can't find a time that both my husband and I can take the kids together on a bus and we have one solitary patch of grass that we have access to.

I'm finished!!!!!!! If the whole Brooklyn can squash themselves into a town square to protest whatever it is, my children and I (who btw, already all got this virus before Pesach) can go to the playground.

Please please please stop claiming it's not as bad as we make it sound. It's worse.

I really feel bad for you ... agree with whatever you said....no great advice... this is Golus Williamsburg...

Supermom#1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:01 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Oh so now your comparing apples to oranges?!

Nice.

If this would have been still in March, April. Maybe I would have agreed with you, but not now, sorry!

Exactly!! this mask rule came way, way too late. THey didn't have us wear masks when it was really necessary, and now, when it's hardly necessary, they're harping on it. Where has sanity gone??

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:24 am
Wow how true to every word you say op. The lockdown and all that entails adult children home retired husband home behavioral kids home violent kid home is so mentally insane . My outlet was work I was able to escape what was beyond me to change a little piece of serenity . I was not stable before and now ? Forget about it !! I’m losing it every night I beg HaShem to take my neshShama and nit return it . I was the one who dreaded absolutely the ten day vacation in January just the thought of being with my kids for shushan Purim causes insomnia so you can imagine . I’m so hopeless and I agree let the ones who are scared who have medical conditions stay home but don’t tell me what to do
Thanks op for putting it down so eloquently

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:34 am
Fiveboyz wrote:
Wow how true to every word you say op. The lockdown and all that entails adult children home retired husband home behavioral kids home violent kid home is so mentally insane . My outlet was work I was able to escape what was beyond me to change a little piece of serenity . I was not stable before and now ? Forget about it !! I’m losing it every night I beg HaShem to take my neshShama and nit return it . I was the one who dreaded absolutely the ten day vacation in January just the thought of being with my kids for shushan Purim causes insomnia so you can imagine . I’m so hopeless and I agree let the ones who are scared who have medical conditions stay home but don’t tell me what to do

Hug Hug
I hope you are getting professional help.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:35 am
Fiveboyz wrote:

I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I wish I could help all of you. I'm so depressed by all of this.

I'm depressed that when a mother posts about missing parks, someone has to pipe in and correct her by distinguishing the difference between a park and a playground. I'm so sad that when a mother needs camp because she can't help her child regulate himself in these strange circumstances. She is told that she's pathetic that she can't stand her own children.

I'm so sad that kids have zoom graduations. That my son gets a measly hour outside to learn with his class and rebbe.

Im sad that I feel manipulated more than cared for by my local government. That even all the medical professionals I know say the same. That HKBH has hidden himself from us. That there is confusion and fear and judgement. I'm just so sad about this whole thing.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics