Home

No Summer Program for 8th-12th Grade

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:47 am
Some camps are opening up, but many camps aren't.

In BP there is no program for 8th-12 Grade. Half of my daughters class has nothing to do.

yes, alot of girls got jobs, but there aren't enough jobs to go around for so many kids.

I know Williamsburg and Monsey have programs for this age group, but not a single DC in BP does.

We tried to get jobs, but they're all taken.

I don't understand why there is no program if there are so many girls that need.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Some camps are opening up, but many camps aren't.

In BP there is no program for 8th-12 Grade. Half of my daughters class has nothing to do.

yes, alot of girls got jobs, but there aren't enough jobs to go around for so many kids.

I know Williamsburg and Monsey have programs for this age group, but not a single DC in BP does.

We tried to get jobs, but they're all taken.

I don't understand why there is no program if there are so many girls that need.

Start one!
So many great organizations were started when people stepped forward to fill a need-
Go for it!
Back to top

amother




Natural
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:54 am
I'm in the same boat in Lakewood. My dd and friend called every camp and there are no jobs. I would start a program, but I don't have the personality for teens. These are not preschoolers after all.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:58 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Start one!
So many great organizations were started when people stepped forward to fill a need-
Go for it!


Maybe I would, If I didn't already have a full time job.
Back to top

Mama Bear




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:06 am
none of the chasidish daycamps did anything for high schoolers?
Back to top

mpf




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:19 am
This is a night program for 6-8 graders and I know that she’s trying to arrange something similar for HS girls so you can call to see if that happened yet. I know Dassie personally and she’s amazing!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:23 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
none of the chasidish daycamps did anything for high schoolers?


in BP, no
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:59 pm
Have the girls arrange a round robin with 4 girls. Each girl gets one day of the week (Monday through Thursday) and plans out a day full of actcivies. The girls join that day's girl at her home for the day. She arranges the activities, Jewish video like Mali, they make something delicious for lunch together, bake for dessert, sew up a quilt, etc.
Back to top

ShishKabob




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Have the girls arrange a round robin with 4 girls. Each girl gets one day of the week (Monday through Thursday) and plans out a day full of actcivies. The girls join that day's girl at her home for the day. She arranges the activities, Jewish video like Mali, they make something delicious for lunch together, bake for dessert, sew up a quilt, etc.
great idea!
Back to top

amother




Lavender
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Have the girls arrange a round robin with 4 girls. Each girl gets one day of the week (Monday through Thursday) and plans out a day full of actcivies. The girls join that day's girl at her home for the day. She arranges the activities, Jewish video like Mali, they make something delicious for lunch together, bake for dessert, sew up a quilt, etc.


I like this.
They can also include volunteer work.
Back to top

amother




Burlywood
 

Post  Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:28 pm
belz having a full fledged massive teen and highschool program in bp I also saw some teen program ads in locals papers. not sure the details
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Can I listen to last nights Zev Brenner program on Talkline?
by amother
0 Today at 8:41 am View last post
Anyone doing SEIT this summer? 8 Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:35 pm View last post
Summer reading contest/program
by amother
3 Thu, Jul 02 2020, 6:39 pm View last post
Any Queens yeshivas doing summer meals/boxes?
by amother
0 Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:25 pm View last post
Online Classes this summer to get Touro credit 0 Wed, Jul 01 2020, 12:22 am View last post

Jump to: