Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Whats the craziest thing youve fed your 7 month old?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:24 pm
After a few girls I had a delicious boy. Hes an essy going baby and very lovable. And boy! is there a lot to love on him! Hes a chunky monkey. Hes 7 months now - will be 8 next week and as of 2-3 weeks ago he refuses his bottles except for the one in the morning and the one before bedtime. Other than that a sip and then pushes it away. He was eating jars at that point and some baby oatmeal cereal but I started combining the 2 when I realized that w.o the bottles hes not getting full. Then when the jars and cereal wasnt enough I took chicken and sweet potatoes and blended it together and started feeding him that. But he needs a lot 1-2 meals of solids a day bec he whines and I know hes hungry bec wtvr I feed him he devours. Im so lost- I have an appt to see the pediatrician next week but meanwhile what can I feed him? I gave him fresh challah for lunch today (am I crazy?!) Id love to give him yogurt but I have a feeling the will say no dairy till hes a year. Can I give him other protein besides chicken? How about eggs and fish?
This is a very new experience for me!! My girls barely ever finished 1 baby jar!! They were still taking 32-40 oz of formula a day at a year!

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:27 pm
You can give him everything from your table. My baby grabbed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich out of my hand and devoured it. A whole sandwich! That was his first solid🙈

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:28 pm
At that age my kids age the same food as the adults.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:30 pm
My babies have yogurt from 6 months. Whole milk I wouldn't give before a year, but yogurt is fine. Keep trying to give him a bottle, it might just be a passing phase that he's pushing it away, I had that with my baby for a couple of weeks. I think at 7 months he still needs the calories from formula.
You can give him any solids he eats. Avocado and banana are filling.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:42 pm
avrahamama wrote:
You can give him everything from your table. My baby grabbed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich out of my hand and devoured it. A whole sandwich! That was his first solid🙈

Thanks for the okay! Im giving him chopped liver now (im dead serious btw)

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
My neighbor gives her baby chopped liver, she claims it's very healthy.

happinessseeker

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:45 pm
It’s totally fine. Check out baby-led weaning

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:50 pm
You can give dairy at any age just plain milk you shouldnt until a year.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:51 pm
I never bought baby food jars. Not even one. Real food all the way

nchr

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:53 pm
We give them whatever we are having and just make sure it is in smaller portions.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 3:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I bet he loves it! Last night mine are guacamole and tuna fish. He only let me feed him if I used a potato chip as the spoon. The potato chip would get a little soggy and he was in heaven.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 4:17 pm
avrahamama wrote:
I bet he loves it! Last night mine are guacamole and tuna fish. He only let me feed him if I used a potato chip as the spoon. The potato chip would get a little soggy and he was in heaven.

Yay!! Chopped liver was a success!

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 4:20 pm
Look up baby led weaning. I never use baby jars.

The only thing I'd say is be careful to introduce only one new food every couple days so in case he reacts badly to it, you'll know exactly which food caused it.

Stars

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:00 pm
whatever you're eating all the way. just no honey (even cooked) and no choking hazards like nuts, whole grapes, hot dogs, etc.

my babies loved
sweet potato with cheese
avocado , plain or on bread or on rice cakes
scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs,
sandwiches of all kinds
chicken and potatoes of all kinds (no need to blend, they can chew with their gums)
salads of all kinds. they steal mine
cereal, yogurt, pasta, cheese, soups, fruit shakes, cut fruit, veggies, rice, kugel, cholent ,
meatballs, pizza, french fries,

etc etc.
literally anything

giselle

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:04 pm
Sounds pretty normal to me. Was waiting to see something like you fed your baby sour sticks.

Btw I’m pretty sure I fed my kids yogurt at 7 months. I could be off though, it’s been awhile.

And don’t forget cholent!

Stars

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:06 pm
You can feed a teaspoon of yogurt and wait a day to see if baby reacts in any way. It should be fine though.

sweet

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:07 pm
Babies dont need jars or mushed and mashed food.
Their gums are very strong, they can chew.
I have a baby the same age, and he loves food. All food.
He eats the same food, meals, that my other kids eat.
And he loves to feed himself.

Stars

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:13 pm
Also, try giving him different foods and textures even stuff you don;t like. two of my kids favorites foods
are olives and oatmeal, two things I can't tolerate the taste of. The more variety you expose him to as a baby the less chances you have of having a picky eater on your hands later on.

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:19 pm
Yes another vote for baby led weaning, which basically means giving them normal food from the start. Look up safe ways to cut different foods and let them do it themselves. They learn to chew instead of just swallow. Dairy is fine except milk as a drink. By the way, it’s also a misconception that you need to give new foods a few days apart. An allergic reaction may not even show up the first time you give a food.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 6:25 pm
My 8 mo old DS just finished his supper, big piece of carrot from the chicken soup and then some chopped liver.

What’s with all the chopped liver around here?!?

His lunch today was a peanut butter on whole wheat sandwich.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics