Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Can I ask for refund or return?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

twizzlers1

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:47 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I’m with Salmon here. Why ask here? Only the retailer themselves can help you. Personally I think it a bit chutzpahdik as it was your fault but honestly, I’d probably try it myself. Hatzlacha OP.

I really don't think it was her fault. I also get lots of clothes delivered and I always get it in an envelope that can easily be opened and if it does come in a box it comes wrapped in many layers so that when you open it which inevitably you have to do it doesn't get ruined.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:49 pm
watergirl wrote:
It’s debatable if she is 100% responsible for the damage. Had the item been packaged properly, would the damage have occurred?

As we know, damages and responsibility for damages is so complex an issue that there is an entire seder of Gemara, 10 masechtas - 281 pages (yes, I looked it up!) on the topic. And now that OP has come back and said it was from a Jewish store, a shailah should be asked to a LOR who OP and the owner agree to ask.

Not being packaged properly is subjective and is op’s opinion. Presumably other people get items from them with the same packaging and they don’t all tear the item

watergirl

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:50 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Not being packaged properly is subjective and is op’s opinion. Presumably other people get items from them with the same packaging and they don’t all tear the item

Halacha is funny that way. This is a shailah. Not a 100% sure thing either way.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 2:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its from a jewish website
You'll have to talk to a rav, explain this isn't a normal way of packaging things and that a regular store would issue a refund or at least a discount in this scenario.

Then if the rav says you're in the right, you can let the store know what your rav said and that if they don't credit you, you'll take it up with the credit card processor.

I think the posters insisting it's OP's fault have zero experience with orders. Only thing I can think of. It's the store's responsibility to package the item so you can get it out without damaging it.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 2:39 pm
Really? What made it loud? Are you imagining things or projecting?

Imagining, based on your posts. Correct me if I’m wrong but you seemed appalled, horrified and yes, yelling (loudly) at OP in the first few posts. From her original post it seemed like she was going to be honest with the company so I didn’t understand the need to yell. ChillPill

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 2:56 pm
Didn’t read any responses. I once had my kid try on a dress from Zara and while they were trying it they grabbed a kiddie scissors from the table and sliced right into the dress. I wasn’t planning to keep it. I chatted with their customer service and told them exactly what happened and they said okay to return and send me a refund.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:24 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Didn’t read any responses. I once had my kid try on a dress from Zara and while they were trying it they grabbed a kiddie scissors from the table and sliced right into the dress. I wasn’t planning to keep it. I chatted with their customer service and told them exactly what happened and they said okay to return and send me a refund.

Wow, that’s amazing.
I’m pretty curious what the response from OPs company will be.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:30 pm
Surplus wrote:
Imagining, based on your posts. Correct me if I’m wrong but you seemed appalled, horrified and yes, yelling (loudly) at OP in the first few posts. From her original post it seemed like she was going to be honest with the company so I didn’t understand the need to yell. ChillPill

Again since you made this curious claim a few times please show everyone exactly how I yelled

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:31 pm
Surplus wrote:
Wow, that’s amazing.
I’m pretty curious what the response from OPs company will be.
I always wonder if the guy didn’t fully understand me due to a language barrier.. but that’s not on me

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:34 pm
What don’t you understand? You’re the one who damaged it. Why should they take it back? Why should they refund you? Why should they take the loss!

This seemed like it could’ve been accompanied by these emojis Punch Director

But perhaps my perception is skewed. You might’ve said it in a very eidel tone with a smile. I apologize if I didn’t read it with the right connotations.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:36 pm
I always wonder if the guy didn’t fully understand me due to a language barrier.. but that’s not on me

Customer service is sometimes more important to a company than an insignificant financial loss.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:37 pm

That's not really a fair argument, though. Lots of people don't wear seat belts. Not all of them will die or get hurt in an accident, but that doesn't make it less irresponsible.

I once received a box warning me not to open the box with a razor or scissor because it would damage the item. So presumably, it is known to stores that people might open their packages with a blade, and they should package things accordingly. I agree with Raisin that if clothes are packaged in a box, it's a little risky because people DO tend to open boxes with sharp things.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:41 pm
Surplus wrote:
Customer service is sometimes more important to a company than an insignificant financial loss.
sure. But Zara is not known for their forgiving policies.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:44 pm
sure. But Zara is not known for their forgiving policies.

Honestly, it wouldn’t dawn on me to try if my child did it with a scissors. But it’s nice that it worked for you.

HelloG

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 4:31 pm
What don’t you understand? You’re the one who damaged it. Why should they take it back? Why should they refund you? Why should they take the loss!

she did mention it didn't come with any plastic protection. that's irresponsible on their part

soap suds

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 5:04 pm
She is asking for a refund or return. Read what she wrote in the op. Why are you saying she’s not asking for her money back?
So what if she’s asking for her money back? She didn’t say she’s TAKING her money back? Why can’t she ask?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 5:10 pm
Hey Salmon, may I ask if you are in the business line?
Also, just asking in a nice mannered way can't hurt, ever!

Signed by a customer service representative

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 5:15 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Hey Salmon, may I ask if you are in the business line?
Also, just asking in a nice mannered way can't hurt, ever!

Signed by a customer service representative

No not at all. I’m just surprised someone who damaged something wants the store to take the loss I’d never think to ask the store to pay me back for something I was responsible for

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 5:16 pm
Again since you made this curious claim a few times please show everyone exactly how I yelled

It's the tone of the post. We can sometimes "see" yelling in the way a post is written.
You seem horrified at the idea, but it's not such an uncommon happening and many stores, especially department stores, will let you exchange or refund.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 5:17 pm
Surplus wrote:
This seemed like it could’ve been accompanied by these emojis Punch Director

But perhaps my perception is skewed. You might’ve said it in a very eidel tone with a smile. I apologize if I didn’t read it with the right connotations.

Seemed like?Could’ve been? You do realize those are all your own perceptions right? I’m not angry at all didn’t yell at all like you accused me which sounds pretty crazy like as if you could tell I’m sitting at home screaming. Ever heard the term projecting
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics