Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Tips for dealing with anxiety until meds/therapy can help

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 7:30 pm
Ds is 11. He has a language disorder and other delays. He has pandas which just began causing problems again. He started antibiotics this week, but the improvement is minimal so far.

At this point, I think he needs therapy and probably meds for OCD. I have to start looking into doctors. We cannot afford to pay much, so I would love to find one who takes insurance. (we are in NY.)

He was just crying because he was worried we wouldn't be ready for Shabbos on time. One of my other children didn't go into the shower the minute I told him to, and then he took longer in the shower than ds thought he should take. Ds kept telling him to hurry up, and he kept telling ds to stop telling him what to do. I also asked ds to calm down and find something else to do besides standing outside the bathroom and acting like his brother's policeman. Eventually, he cried.

I feel bad for him. He gets so anxious, especially about being late. He always rushes everyone. It's becoming a big problem because they don't appreciate that he tells them what to do all the time. But he can't help himself.

What can I do to help him calm down?

oneofakind

Post Sat, Jul 25 2020, 10:38 pm
Children's breathing and meditation/visualization. I'm sure you can find something online. It can help with anxiety but not OCD.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Jul 25 2020, 10:47 pm
I heard Bieberfeld is good. Ask Bieberfeld if he is good with these problems. He takes insurance. My son has Bipolar and OCD. I was recomended by relief. He takes insurance. I ended up doing private but Im not even sure the private guy is that good. I think bieberfeld has a support dog for hi blindness if I heard correctly. Ask here if anyone used him. The summer is usially easier to enter a weekly slot to good therapists because people go away so do it now

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:10 am
Thanks!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 10:22 pm
What are you doing for the pandas other than antibiotics? You can do ibuprophen, Benadryl, turmeric, magnesium, cbd, probiotics, b vitamins, inositol, NAC, glutathione, gaba, low dose lithium, valerian, lemon balm, tryptophan etc, these will help with taking down inflammation and supporting calming neurotransmitters
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)