Home

How do your kids ask for love?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:46 pm
My son asks for his hands to be washed whilst in the middle of eating his onion garlic flutes...
(Happened multiple times this week)
What does your child do for attention?
Back to top

sweetie2shoes




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:02 pm
Talks and talks and talks and talks
Back to top

Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:05 pm
sweetie2shoes wrote:
Talks and talks and talks and talks

And talks and talks...
You ever tried giving food to keep their mouth occupied? Just for a little break
Back to top

sweetie2shoes




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:11 pm
genius wrote:
And talks and talks...
You ever tried giving food to keep their mouth occupied? Just for a little break


What a great idea, thanks!

I always remind myself that it's such a blessing that she wants to talk to me and I hope that it will continue when she's older. But this is such a great way to get a few minutes of quiet.
Back to top

Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:18 pm
sweetie2shoes wrote:
What a great idea, thanks!

I always remind myself that it's such a blessing that she wants to talk to me and I hope that it will continue when she's older. But this is such a great way to get a few minutes of quiet.


Yeah it is a wonderful thing and I’m always overflowing with wonderful ideas...
Back to top

amother




Amethyst
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:25 pm
sweetie2shoes wrote:
Talks and talks and talks and talks

Is she your oldest?
My oldest, when she was 3 would spend more time telling me about preschool than she actually spent there! It would be 3 hours later and we would still only be at 10am. I knew everything about everyone, what they wore, ate, played with, whom they played with, what color crayon they used to color, what the Morah told them.....clearly I did not need to read the weekly news letter.
She is 19 and B"H, I am still VERY well informed about her life.
Back to top

amother




Brown
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:18 pm
amethyst. I actually laughed out loud at your post. How did you survive. My kids LOVE to talk to me but the chatter really gets to me after a while...
Back to top

Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:24 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
amethyst. I actually laughed out loud at your post. How did you survive. My kids LOVE to talk to me but the chatter really gets to me after a while...

Second best to giving em something to chew is sitting into the bathroom with a noise machine (or out the shower on if you can’t afford it)
Back to top

amother




Amethyst
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:41 pm
Just wait, as I said mine is now 19.
I love knowing what goes on in her life, she gives me stress of all the friend drama- as I hear everything as it unfolds, yet no worries. I always know who she is with, what she is doing, and what is going on in her world-wether it is friends thinking along the lines of OTD, cutting/self harm, eating disorders, drinking/drugs, cheating on exams.....
It really, really is such a bracha that she keeps me so informed and talks to me about everything and anything on her mind. I am unquestionably closest with her (but will 100% deny that to my other DCs).
The years pass really fast. Enjoy your chatterbox. Soak her up and hold her tight.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:55 pm
My sister is always asking my mom to make her hair. She's like 12 already and my mom kept thinking she's big enough and knows how to, why is she asking for it and then realized it's her way of asking for love.
My daughter loves when I get her little things, even if it's like an eraser. I HATE things, and gifts is the only love language I don't relate to at all, but I do it because I see that's what she likes.
Back to top

Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Aug 07 2020, 7:12 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
My sister is always asking my mom to make her hair. She's like 12 already and my mom kept thinking she's big enough and knows how to, why is she asking for it and then realized it's her way of asking for love.
My daughter loves when I get her little things, even if it's like an eraser. I HATE things, and gifts is the only love language I don't relate to at all, but I do it because I see that's what she likes.

The hair idea is brilliantly creative.
I admire that you are perceptive and realized how much your child likes gifts.
Back to top

amother




Pewter
 

Post  Sat, Aug 08 2020, 9:57 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Just wait, as I said mine is now 19.
I love knowing what goes on in her life, she gives me stress of all the friend drama- as I hear everything as it unfolds, yet no worries. I always know who she is with, what she is doing, and what is going on in her world-wether it is friends thinking along the lines of OTD, cutting/self harm, eating disorders, drinking/drugs, cheating on exams.....
It really, really is such a bracha that she keeps me so informed and talks to me about everything and anything on her mind. I am unquestionably closest with her (but will 100% deny that to my other DCs).
The years pass really fast. Enjoy your chatterbox. Soak her up and hold her tight.


A few comments. It’s great your daughter feels so close but there are a few concerns.
1. When she gets married- this MUST stop or it will destroy her marriage.
2. I had a classmate who did that and though I wasn’t friends with her I thought it was really weird (not sure how everyone knew) but her mom knew everything about everyone in the class and it wasn’t normal.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Aug 08 2020, 10:02 pm
This is how my little DD asks for love.

I’m in the mood of coffee. No, I need a coffee. Desperately. Percolator is on but 1 teaspoon water left inside. But I need a coffee. Refill percolator. Wait till it boils. Getting closer to coffee. I make a coffee. Magically make it to the couch without a spill. Sit down. Pull the recline option up. Almost almost. Make a bracha. Ahhh here comes coffee. Put cup to mouth, and daughter yells from bathroom “mommmmmmmmy I’m finisheddddddd”.
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post  Sat, Aug 08 2020, 10:12 pm
I need to make her food and pour her drinks. She is 12. She lives to cook, and makes food for other people, which makes her feel really great when they like it. But before she goes off to school every morning, or midday on a Sunday or whenever, I need to make her food, whether it's from scratch or putting a frozen waffle in the toaster.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Kept my kids home
by amother
29 Today at 1:55 am View last post
What to do when not feeling love to a child
by amother
8 Today at 12:05 am View last post
Who’s keeping their kids home today ?
by amother
22 Yesterday at 6:13 pm View last post
Confused. Non of my kids are night trained
by amother
17 Yesterday at 4:20 pm View last post
YK activity ideas for my kids
by amother
4 Sun, Sep 27 2020, 11:00 am View last post