Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti-Vax Memes
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 11  12  13  Next

nchr

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:10 am
I made a comment tongue in cheek but it sounds like people took it seriously. Sorry 😞

Last edited by nchr on Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:19 am
To me, real science would make any cause fair game. We can't say for absolute certainty that no case of autism ever had a connection with a vaccine. We also can't say that all of them did. We have to be open-minded.
We are blessed that most people who have children know that in all likelihood, the children will survive to adulthood rather than perish from diphtheria like Rabbi Akiva's 24,000 students did. More than likely, vaccines play a role in that, along with clean water and indoor plumbing. I don't worry about catching polio.
We do have to be concerned about both vaccine safety and the spread of possibly dangerous infections. The anti-vaxers don't do themselves any favors by pretending that these infections can't spread in a world of soap and water because we do see a disease spreading. They also shouldn't trot out OTC remedies such as homeopathy as the answer to combating VPDs because that is not really available to the masses, whether or not it helps. RFK's assertion that catching the flu can prevent coronavirus is probably false but that's the latest anti-vax reason for skipping the flu shot.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:37 am
southernbubby wrote:
RFK's assertion that catching the flu can prevent coronavirus is probably false but that's the latest anti-vax reason for skipping the flu shot.

Are you deliberately twisting his words?

What he actually said was that those who received the flu shot were 36% more likely to get coronavirus and that a study in children showed that the flu shot increased fivefold the risk of acute respiratory infections caused by a group of non-influenza viruses, including coronaviruses.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:52 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Are you deliberately twisting his words?

What he actually said was that those who received the flu shot were 36% more likely to get coronavirus and that a study in children showed that the flu shot increased fivefold the risk of acute respiratory infections caused by a group of non-influenza viruses, including coronaviruses.

So did he pick his numbers out of the sky? Look at what it is based on. Who did the study? It has been well refuted but anti-vaxers believe everything that he says! And the rest of us don't!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:55 am
southernbubby wrote:
So did he pick his numbers out of the sky? Look at what it is based on. Who did the study? It has been well refuted but anti-vaxers believe everything that he says! And the rest of us don't!

Everything he says has footnotes with sources of the relevant study. You can check it up on his site Children's Health Defense, or if you're interested, I will post links for you. Or you just want to ignore the fact that you misrepresented his words, keep on dismissing what he actually said because of who he is, and go get your (twice) annual flu shot.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 7:30 am
Everything he says has footnotes with sources of the relevant study. You can check it up on his site Children's Health Defense, or if you're interested, I will post links for you. Or you just want to ignore the fact that you misrepresented his words, keep on dismissing what he actually said because of who he is, and go get your (twice) annual flu shot.

His study is based on the theory of viral interference. His site is relevant to those who are against vaccines and although he asserts that he is all about vaccine safety, I don't think that he will ever be convinced that they are safe enough as long as they are produced by big pharma. I looked it up before I posted anything about it and somehow the WHO and the CDC don't find his study to be convincing. Some researchers, however, feel that it's possible to have cross reactivity that can give some immunity to coronavirus from unrelated vaccines.
I would be more convinced of something if it was presented somewhere other than an anti-vax website. That being said, nobody ever claimed that the flu shot prevents the majority of cases of flu. The mainstream establishment bemoans it's failures year after year. It's usually, however, worth a shot (pun intended). There is no proof that it does any harm, outside of anti-vaxers websites.

tante_feige

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 7:39 am
gold21 wrote:
If you didn't have herd immunity conveniently provided to you by the pro-vaxx segment of the population, how would you deal with being at actual risk of contracting these viral illnesses? So don't vaxx. Fine. But at least say thank you.

You're welcome.

Slightly off topic...

Years ago, a poster explicitly stated that vaccines cause autism (🙄), so she wouldn't be vaccinating, and instead would rely on the herd immunity provided by other parents vaccinating.

Someone called her out, and asked if she felt guilty relying on other kids getting autism (again, 🙄) to keep her children safe.

She said nope, gotta do what I've gotta do.

I hate that woman.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 7:50 am
southernbubby wrote:
His study is based on the theory of viral interference. His site is relevant to those who are against vaccines and although he asserts that he is all about vaccine safety, I don't think that he will ever be convinced that they are safe enough as long as they are produced by big pharma. I looked it up before I posted anything about it and somehow the WHO and the CDC don't find his study to be convincing. Some researchers, however, feel that it's possible to have cross reactivity that can give some immunity to coronavirus from unrelated vaccines.
I would be more convinced of something if it was presented somewhere other than an anti-vax website. That being said, nobody ever claimed that the flu shot prevents the majority of cases of flu. The mainstream establishment bemoans it's failures year after year. It's usually, however, worth a shot (pun intended). There is no proof that it does any harm, outside of anti-vaxers websites.

FYI, it's not HIS study. And forgive me if I find your trust in the WHO and CDC a bit ironic.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:03 am
Success10 wrote:
Great advice. The delayed vax schedule is an option for parents who are nervous about reactions.

No, delayed vax schedule is not an option - very rare for doctors to go against the insane
CDC schedule.

Are you aware that doctors are bribed to follow the CDC schedule?

Insurance Companies pay $400 per child vaccinated per CDC schedule by age 2.
If the pediatrician has 200 children turning 2 a year that is an $80,000 bribe.

Furthermore, if less than 63% of the pediatrician's patients are vaccinated per CDC schedule
THE PEDIATRICIAN LOSES THE ENTIRE BONUS - Could be a loss of $80,000 or more!

That is why pediatricians refuse to do a delayed schedule and will throw out parents who
request a delayed schedule.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I used to not vaccinate but I've changed my mind over the past year or so.
Knowing the antivax mentality- it is really Fear, fear that the children are being ruined from each shot, based on any number of rumors, conspiracy theories, or skewed science, and Distrust of the govt.
I encourage provaxers if you want to "get through" to an antivaxer, you have to realize that you are dealing with a wall of Fear through which nothing penetrates except solid logic and common sense.
Those who insult or say they don't have time, to an antivaxer that looks like an immature excuse much like a teen who doesnt want to wash the dishes or clean his room.
I encourage people to take one meme and explain logically why it doesnt make sense or is untruthful.
I will start with the first one: OP that one is simple to explain- drowning deaths from swimming is not contagious as a disease is. By all means children should be taught to swim but the other choice is to stay out of water or use a life jacket. No one else will drown if my child refuses to learn to swim.
Hope that helps. Who would like to explain the second one?

Please explain to me how your VACCINATED child will catch measles from an unvaccinated
child?

Doesn't the vaccine mean your child is IMMUNE from catching the measles?

It's like saying your life jacket only works if every child wears a life jacket.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:29 am
#BestBubby wrote:
No, delayed vax schedule is not an option - very rare for doctors to go against the insane
CDC schedule.

Furthermore, if less than 63% of the pediatrician's patients are vaccinated per CDC schedule

That is why pediatricians refuse to do a delayed schedule and will throw out parents who

The best of baloney.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:34 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Please explain to me how your VACCINATED child will catch measles from an unvaccinated
child?

Doesn't the vaccine mean your child is IMMUNE from catching the measles?

It's like saying your life jacket only works if every child wears a life jacket.

If an unvaccinated child has measles, he can spread measles. If an unvaccinated child does not have measles, he cannot.
Nothing to do with life jackets, it's comparing apples to chocolate bars.

The thing is that rarely there can be a few days of being asymptomatic while contagious, before symptoms show. It is rare but it does happen. Same with pertussis.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:36 am
If an unvaccinated child has measles, he can spread measles. If an unvaccinated child does not have measles, he cannot.
Nothing to do with life jackets, it's comparing apples to chocolate bars.

The thing is that rarely there can be a few days of being asymptomatic while contagious, before symptoms show. It is rare but it does happen. Same with pertussis.

But if a Child is VACCINATED against measles, he is IMMUNE from catching measles -
correct?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:40 am
FYI, it's not HIS study. And forgive me if I find your trust in the WHO and CDC a bit ironic.

Even if the CDC, the WHO, and the AMA are all rogues, it looks like the only group that gives credence to the study is the one led by RFK Jr. So far, it looks like everyone else is afraid of the upcoming flu season. Now many anti-vaxers will rely on alternative medicine and I myself just started using quercetin daily but that stuff isn't cheap. Maybe the good folks in RFK Jr's organization can help fund it for the poor. Yes, the government, who the right wing says should not give free health care on the taxpayers money, would have to pay for it unless the alternative medicine contingent wants to open up free clinics for the poor. Otherwise, vaccines are the only possible way that many people have to try and fight infection.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:45 am
#BestBubby wrote:
CDC schedule.

Because my son was disqualified from vaccines as a child, his wife won't let the doctors give more than one shot at a time and the doctors give their sales pitch and DIL stands her ground. They don't exactly call the police on her.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:50 am
southernbubby wrote:
Even if the CDC, the WHO, and the AMA are all rogues, it looks like the only group that gives credence to the study is the one led by RFK Jr. So far, it looks like everyone else is afraid of the upcoming flu season. Now many anti-vaxers will rely on alternative medicine and I myself just started using quercetin daily but that stuff isn't cheap. Maybe the good folks in RFK Jr's organization can help fund it for the poor. Yes, the government, who the right wing says should not give free health care on the taxpayers money, would have to pay for it unless the alternative medicine contingent wants to open up free clinics for the poor. Otherwise, vaccines are the only possible way that many people have to try and fight infection.

Scratching Head

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:50 am
#BestBubby wrote:
But if a Child is VACCINATED against measles, he is IMMUNE from catching measles -
correct?

I'm not sure why you changed the topic but trust me, as a former antivaxer, I've seen it all and rejected it.
You know as well as everyone else that vaccines are not perfect but they're the best man has created to fight disease.
The measles component of the MMR has a very high success rate. Not 100% but close. It differs person to person. I have antibodies from my MMR as a child. Some of my children had enough after one mmr and didnt need a second while others needed two to show antibodies. Some people lose immunity quickly while others retain high numbers of antibodies for decades.
Nothing is perfect except what is created perfect by G-d. Still man must use his skills and talents to create that which benefits the world around him.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 9:12 am
I'm not sure why you changed the topic but trust me, as a former antivaxer, I've seen it all and rejected it.
You know as well as everyone else that vaccines are not perfect but they're the best man has created to fight disease.
The measles component of the MMR has a very high success rate. Not 100% but close. It differs person to person. I have antibodies from my MMR as a child. Some of my children had enough after one mmr and didnt need a second while others needed two to show antibodies. Some people lose immunity quickly while others retain high numbers of antibodies for decades.
Nothing is perfect except what is created perfect by G-d. Still man must use his skills and talents to create that which benefits the world around him.

So if vaccines have a close to 100% success rate, and there are no outbreaks of measles in the city, why can't the unvaccinated children go to school?

For about 50 years we had exemptions that allowed unvaccinated children to go to school, and nobody was concerned.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 9:13 am
southernbubby wrote:
Because my son was disqualified from vaccines as a child, his wife won't let the doctors give more than one shot at a time and the doctors give their sales pitch and DIL stands her ground. They don't exactly call the police on her.

But many pediatricians will kick out a parent who refuses to follow the CDC schedule.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 9:30 am
#BestBubby wrote:
So if vaccines have a close to 100% success rate, and there are no outbreaks of measles in the city, why can't the unvaccinated children go to school?

For about 50 years we had exemptions that allowed unvaccinated children to go to school, and nobody was concerned.

You are jumping topics again.
In my experience, the govt harasses schools and doctors who don't conform. That is why schools and doctors do not want to deal with unvaccinated children.

I didn't say that vaccines have a close to 100% success rate. What's with all the generalizations and extremes? I said the measles part of the MMR is highly successful. I know the mumps part is closer to 70% maybe, we don't know because Merck is not transparent about that. The rubella component is also very successful.

This is the best we have to keep our population disease free. Therefore the govt mandates it, to prevent outbreaks.

FTR I don't agree with the strictness of the gov't mandate but you and I are not in positions of power and they get to decide.
Page 5 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics