Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It’s back. (Covid)
  Previous  1  2  3  4 10  11  12  Next

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:40 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Oh goodie I’ll pass along the message to my full ICUs

Where in the tri state area are icu full. I’ve spoken to many drs in many hospitals. They said lately there has been a 20% uptick but the hospitals were so empty before that it is still not close to capacity.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unfortunately it’s in NJ 😔

Which NJ ICU's are full of new covid patients?? Are masses of people being intubated? Why doesn't the media talk about ICU's full of new Covid patients?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:42 am
For anyone who thought that it actually went away, well, they were obviously living in an alternate universe. it never went away. It just comes and goes in waves.

Its scary how some people were saying that it was gone, just because nobody was dying that they knew.

OP, its not gone and it wont be gone for a while. It really is the new normal for a while and people just have to get used to living with social distancing and masks. And for those that cant wrap that around their brains, I wish them only health and that they dont infect others.

rmbg

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just a reminder that we still need to be cautious. Not freaking out. People seemed to forget that it’s still among us.

No they didn’t forget. They have just accepted that this is a part of life that’s not going away and refuse to live in fear. Which precautions do you take not to get the flu or not to spread the flu if you have it? Those are the same precautions you should take for covid. Live like a normal person and use common sense.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:45 am
Well RH in Brooklyn came and went with packed shuls and without masks.

Now let’s see what happens.

I have a very strong feeling that all will be well, but we’ll still continue to hype Covid as if it’s still around.

Covid is the regular flu at this point bh.
Treat them similarly and stop politicizing it.

Ad masei?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Let’s just hope so. My friend is panicking right now with 2 (almost) adult sons with sky high fever.

Tell her my son got 106 with the flu last year which was a bad strain. My kids get temps all the time of 103

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:48 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
For anyone who thought that it actually went away, well, they were obviously living in an alternate universe. it never went away. It just comes and goes in waves.

Its scary how some people were saying that it was gone, just because nobody was dying that they knew.

OP, its not gone and it wont be gone for a while. It really is the new normal for a while and people just have to get used to living with social distancing and masks. And for those that cant wrap that around their brains, I wish them only health and that they dont infect others.

In the heimish tri-state area, it pretty much went away. There were a few isolated cases here and there, but they were all directly traceable.

Now there is a surge, or uptick, of cases in the heimish community, AFAIK. (Maybe only in NJ?) May Hashem watch over us all.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:49 am
rmbg wrote:
No they didn’t forget. They have just accepted that this is a part of life that’s not going away and refuse to live in fear. Which precautions do you take not to get the flu or not to spread the flu if you have it? Those are the same precautions you should take for covid. Live like a normal person and use common sense.

There IS no common sense. Why are there packed shuls? Packed weddings? That's not common sense.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:50 am
I got it the week before Purim, and I am NOT "recovering nicely". Not by a long shot.

The hospital Covid unit in Bnei Brak is operating at 125% capacity, and they are having to send the more severe cases out to other hospitals to make room for all the new incoming cases. Hadassah is at 100% capacity, and Shaare Tzedek is at around 85%. I'm not sure about the Tel Aviv hospitals, but that's where a lot of the most severe cases are being transferred to right now.

That is not what I would call a "mild flu".

Oh, and just because you personally don't know anyone who died recently, or became seriously ill recently, doesn't mean that they don't exist! The universe does not revolve around you, or NY, or NJ.

It amazes me how so-called frum Jews can be so cavalier with other people's health, and lives. Can't Believe It

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:51 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
There IS no common sense. Why are there packed shuls? Packed weddings? That's not common sense.

Because there have been packed shuls and packed weddings in NY since Shevuous with no new serious cases since then. If everything is going fine and well bh for months now, why shouldn't there be packed shuls at this point?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:53 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I got it the week before Purim, and I am NOT "recovering nicely". Not by a long shot.

The hospital Covid unit in Bnei Brak is operating at 125% capacity, and they are having to send the more severe cases out to other hospitals to make room for all the new incoming cases. Hadassah is at 100% capacity, and Shaare Tzedek is at around 85%. I'm not sure about the Tel Aviv hospitals, but that's where a lot of the most severe cases are being transferred to right now.

Oh, and just because you personally don't know anyone who died recently, or became seriously ill recently, doesn't mean that they don't exist! The universe does not revolve around you, or NY, or NJ.

It amazes me how so-called frum Jews can be so cavalier with other people's health, and lives. Can't Believe It

Israel is getting now what NY got in March. Bh there haven't been many new serious cases in NY in the past few months. No one is denying that the situation in Israel is serious now.

DrMom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:53 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Amen

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:55 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I didn't say there are no long term side effects. I was sick in March and I'm still having side effects. All I said is that it's not going around now as bad as it did in March and people are recovering better bh. What's wrong with what I'm saying? Why am I hiding under the covers?? Aren't you happy that people are recovering better now? Do you wish for people to die at the rate it was in March chas v'shalom?

I know, that's what everyone is saying. No, it's not as contagious as in March because so many people have already had it, so so far, most are not getting it again. Also, probably, because we are more aware of safety protocols such as social distancing, masks, etc and the danger to the elderly.

People are also recovering better, hopefully, because we are more aware of the treatments (and dare I say it? hydroxychloroquine). People are not being put on full blast ventilators but are given oxygen and monitored. Etc.

I truly hope this wave proves that we have a solid handle on COVID and then everything can just go back to normal.... I truly hope this wave proves that.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:55 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

So if someone says ICUs are full it’s important to specify were.

If ICU in Israel is packed and NJ is less than 1/2 then should NJ also have a lockdown?

DrMom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:00 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

If ICU in Israel is packed and NJ is less than 1/2 then should NJ also have a lockdown?

Where did FF say that?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:01 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
It’s stayed around in a much lighter version, nothing worse than a regular flu.

In their press conference this morning, Whitty and Valance here in the UK addressed this theory and said there is no evidence to suggest that is true.

I understood it that the majority of those getting infected now in the UK are in the 17-29 age group, where you would expect them to just be mildly ill and those in the high risk or elderly group are trying their best not to catch it. That is why people may think it is a lighter strain.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:03 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

I truly hope this wave proves that we have a solid handle on COVID and then everything can just go back to normal.... I truly hope this wave proves that.

From your mouth to G-d's ears!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:07 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
In the heimish tri-state area, it pretty much went away. There were a few isolated cases here and there, but they were all directly traceable.

Now there is a surge, or uptick, of cases in the heimish community, AFAIK. (Maybe only in NJ?) May Hashem watch over us all.
Im sorry but do you hear what you are saying? In a small subsection of the population it went away?
Ok. if thats what people think.
Covid works like this (at least until there will be some sort of vaccine): It waxes and wanes so there will be surges and times when less people get it, but until there is an actual vaccine, it was never gone.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:11 am
I went to shul first time since last Rosh hashana for shofar. No one of the women is wearing a mask only one with a Gucci mask..

CiCi

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:13 am
Maybe I missed it but I don't remember anyone saying that it's gone.
Page 3 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  4 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics