Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
HUH???Pashkeville against Dicci clothing store in Boro-Park
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 10:40 am
http://chaptzem.blogspot.com/2......html
Why is Dicci any worse than A Touch of Class, Ultra Chic, Its You, Pessy Lew whose prices are 10 times higher? Because of the glass window? Because of the name similar to Gucci? Big deal.

ss321

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 10:43 am
I think people had a problem w/ the window. lew is on a side street....dicci is right there, so people are TOTALLY FORCED to just LOOK at all the pretty women on the inside. they cant control it at all. theyre walking by, theres a window, theyre just forced to see tzniyusdik clothing, but on frum women. whatever. im not condoning peoples problems w/ it, but I think it is an issue of the window, not of what theyre selling. its not like theyre selling gucci suits in there.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 10:46 am
They covered the glass window with fabric that says Dicci. You can only see through the doorway area.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 10:51 am
Can someone explain?

Squash

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 12:32 pm
amother wrote:
They covered the glass window with fabric that says Dicci. You can only see through the doorway area.

um, no. I just passed by about 30 minutes ago and ONLY the doors were covered with those cheap accordian shades.

I haven't looked at that link, not interested. but I can understand why some might have a problem with a store like that.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 1:35 pm
in a neighbourhood like bp where people can not pay their bills and get tomchey shabbos to their door every week-a store like this simply PASS NISHT!
what is so hard to understand?
The rabbonim will not go against a store if there would be no reason!

ss321

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
in a neighbourhood like bp where people can not pay their bills and get tomchey shabbos to their door every week-a store like this simply PASS NISHT!
what is so hard to understand?
The rabbonim will not go against a store if there would be no reason!

huh? why on earth is it pass nisht there more than anywhere else? there are very wealthy people in bp, and very poor people (and poor who pretend theyre wealthy to have a good name, wealthy who pretend theyre poor for the tax breaks, etc). but that aside, it would be like saying, all the stores on madison avenue should get closed down because there are beggars who live on the street on the UES. different people can afford different things, everyone should live within their means, the end.

Diccis prices are "in line" with the other stores on 13th avenue...I dont see the problem. I thought it was all just a "tzniyus" thing for the oh poooooor men who walk down and cant control themselves and might chas veshulem look thru the window and its the stores fault that theyd do so....

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 1:47 pm
I agree with u ss321.
DIccis prices are the same as many stores in BP.

I feel that many ppl have a problem with the way the store looks.
CAN I KNOW WHY WOMEN CANT HAVE A NICE PLACE TO SHOP FOR THEMSELVES???
WHY CANT THEY HAVE A NICE EXPERIENCE INSTEAD OF HAVING TO TRY CLOTHES ON WITH WATER DRIPPING ON THIER HEADS FROM THE BROKEN PIPES, AND TORN CURTAINS.

why is it that when G and G opened for the men, noone complained? have u seen that place? its fit for a king.

why shouldnt women have a place fit for a queen?? we work hard, when we want to buy ourselves somthing nice, theres nothing wrong with having a nice place to do it in. at least this way, many dont have to run to manhattan and be exposed to what is out there.

I am sorry, but many of the stores on 13th ave, and all over bp are maybe even more expensive.
what justifies it? the ugly decor? the unorganized shelves? then its ok to shop in an expensive store???

everything has to be made into an issue these days. its so crazy.... Rolling Eyes

ss321

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 1:52 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:

CAN I KNOW WHY WOMEN CANT HAVE A NICE PLACE TO SHOP FOR THEMSELVES???
WHY CANT THEY HAVE A NICE EXPERIENCE INSTEAD OF HAVING TO TRY CLOTHES ON WITH WATER DRIPPING ON THIER HEADS FROM THE BROKEN PIPES, AND TORN CURTAINS.

thats what I said. I was happy when I found out they opened. I dont do much shopping on 13th (I try to avoid it as much as poss actually), but you know what? I think it so nice that there is a store that not only sells beautiful things at reasonable prices, but does so in a beautiful environment.
there are lots of stores in bkyn that sell beautiful things for high prices, in a beautiful environment (estis anyone)
then there are stores that sell beautiful things for high prices (ok not as high as estis, but still, moschino, nanette lepore, higher end brands), in a not-so beautiful envoronment (brendas?)
and there are stores that sell more homely things, in totally gross environments (wont mention, just my opinion, and is probly l'h anyway).

why shouldnt a woman be able to shop somewhere local and have the best of all worlds?

and yes ur right, for men there are tons of shops like this, no one gives two hoots. what about emporium? thats been around for years. they have glass windows, they sell nice mens clothes.

and im sorry, if someone works hard, they shouldnt feel like they "shouldnt" buy something new because htere are people in their neighborhood who cant afford to buy something new. thats a second grade attitude, of dont send PB to school, because it will be dangerous for the kids who are allergic...its not fair....creates inequality among snacks....how old are we???

ss321

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 1:53 pm
amother wrote:
The rabbonim will not go against a store if there would be no reason![/size]

and btw, WHAT RABBONIM? so far the last kol korei or whatever I saw posted, had no names signed on it. if someone has aproblem with it, they should come out and say it, not use violent terror tactics like a bunch of palestinian hoodlums.

maidale

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 1:56 pm
ss321 wrote:
amother wrote:

and btw, WHAT RABBONIM? so far the last kol korei or whatever I saw posted, had no names signed on it. if someone has aproblem with it, they should come out and say it, not use violent terror tactics like a bunch of palestinian hoodlums.

Thumbs Up

amother

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 2:01 pm
What does Dicci sell?

louche

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 2:08 pm
I second the plea for an explanation.

I'm gathering that there is an ultra-expensive, ultra-luxurious women's clothing shop with a big display window, that is being lambasted by the ultra-orthodox right because it is ultra-expensive and beyond the reach of many of the people in the neighborhood? (I haven't been to BP in years, and I've never heard of this store, so I'm totally at sea here.)

Then what is the issue of "kezonah"? a "mekom taavah" and "tum'ah"? Gaavah, maybe, but taavah? Isn't that a little extreme?

what, are women trying on clothes in the window? are they displaying foundation garments in the window? are the fitting room panels translucent so you can see women undressing as you walk past? are they selling indecent clothing?

If it's the money issue, what about all those chinese auctions with their luxurious vacations, ostentatious jewels, furs, "shopping sprees" in upscale stores, ornate silver collections, etc. etc.? whay aren't those being lambasted as well? When people in the neighborhood depend on tomchei shabbos to put food on their table, does it "pahss" for stores to be selling Italian designer clothes for infants, bedding sets costing hundreds of dollars, sheitlach costing as much as a small used car, and diamond rings costing as much a small new car?

Just looking for clarification here.

Mevater

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 2:30 pm
ss321 wrote:
amother wrote:

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Rabbonim are NOT shy. If real Rabbonim had anything to say, they'd sign their names!

newmom

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 2:42 pm
I don't really speak yiddish, but I picked up bits and pieces.
Anything not signed by the "rabbonim" should have no clout. If anybody has any intelligence they would not follow an anonymous kol koreh.

Maybe it's the competition that made this all up because they were losing business to this new store.

Things like this make me Puke .

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 2:46 pm
yeah, I forgot about that too. which rabbonim??
believe me, I dont think any rabbonim here in bp or wherever will have too much to say about this store. I belive many of thier wives will probably patronize it, since it caters to thier tastes..

and if we are on the subject of dicci, why dont we discuss deco dine, if we are already there?
where are the posters for that store?? 2 whole floors of stuuuning pieces for the home, with glass windows too!! oy, oy, what will one do when they pass by?? the taavos that will come from it!!!

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 8:40 pm
I'm not getting it. Is it a store like Bebe or something?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 8:56 pm
Squash wrote:
amother wrote:

um, no. I just passed by about 30 minutes ago and ONLY the doors were covered with those cheap accordian shades..
I passed many times today and the windows AND doors are covered. You'd have to be an ogling idiot to get a glimpse of what's inside!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 9:09 pm
excuse my ignorance, but what is pashkeville?

chayitty

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 9:30 pm
as they say "theres no such a thing as bad publicity"...thats totally wat I think this is.....and they have now paper covering the door....which looks so stupid...I man big deal wat do u see if u look inside ...clothing???woman looking at clothing??? u can see that in almost every store....this is the most sillest thing I ever heard of
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics