Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Hydroxychloroquine not helping
1  2  Next

ldg

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 10:33 pm
I see many people that says it helped them within days. Did anyone take (not in the hospital bec. studies showed it helps when taken early on) and not feel better or chv get worse?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 10:49 pm
Your subject line is misleading. I suggest you change or delete and re write.

You tried it and didnt help you?

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:06 pm
ldg wrote:
I see many people that says it helped them within days. Did anyone take (not in the hospital bec. studies showed it helps when taken early on) and not feel better or chv get worse?

I know two people (one a close family member) who got worse upon taking hydroxychloroquine (and improved upon stopping it).

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:30 pm
They dont want to give it easily because effects on heart. If have bp or any other heart related condition, idk if can be taken.

Check if it doesnt interact with other meds patient takes for other things.

happyone

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:37 pm
are you also taking azithromycin and zinc? it's most effective if taken together.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 4:33 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Your subject line is misleading. I suggest you change or delete and re write.

You tried it and didnt help you?

Has the subject line been changed?
“Hydroxychloroquine not helping” is in no way misleading. Are you perhaps reading it with a political bent?

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 4:44 am
Quote:
Hydroxychloroquine not helping

Yes, that's exactly what several studies found already a few months ago, that's why hydroxychloroquine is not recommended for treatment any more.

I suppose anyone who is not living under a rock should have come across those announcements, it was published very widely in the mass media, and also amply debated here on Imamother...

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 4:53 am
It has helped many we know, sorry it didn't work for you and hopefully you got what you needed and are feeling better.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:08 am
ldg wrote:

It helped taken right away together with azithromycin and zinc.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:21 am
Where can I get it?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:26 am
ldg wrote:

Refuah shleima

The studies are very conflicted as to whether or not HCQ helps. If its not helping you, please contact your doctor. There are very promising treatments that may be available to you, including remdesivir. But these are medical decisions to be made in consultation with a doctor.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:27 am
Also, some drugs, even if they help, do not help necessarily quickly. I think I recently read an article about remdesivir that said it reduced the median duration of illness from 15 days to 10 days, which indicates that it helps. That's still a lot of days being sick. It's not necessarily a quick response treatment.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:31 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Where can I get it?

Have it prescribed by your doctor and find a pharmacy to fill it.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:31 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Have it prescribed by your doctor and find a pharmacy to fill it.

I don't know a doctor who will prescribe it!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:37 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Refuah shleima

The studies are very conflicted as to whether or not HCQ helps. If its not helping you, please contact your doctor. There are very promising treatments that may be available to you, including remdesivir. But these are medical decisions to be made in consultation with a doctor.

Mt Sinai hospital has the latest, most cutting edge treatment but we are taking our pulse ox every couple of hours. Apparently treatment is based on that. Hatzolah apparently gives supplemental oxygen and we are considering that for DH.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:42 am
Are you asking theoretically or is this practical and you need advice?

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:45 am
I know personally a few that it did help and they felt better a few hours later. Two of them even have heart conditions.

Each took it:

1) immediately ( within a few days of sunset of symptoms)

2) with zinc

3) with zythro

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:19 am
My dad took it and he felt ill with it (side effects like nausea and diarrhea) but it most likely saved him. He started it late and already needed oxygen but the doctor said it can't harm. (It can effect the heart so everyone needs to be checked before).
He was really ill for 3 days but once he started telling alittle better, he got better fast (not the weakness).
It only helps when taken with zinc as it is the zinc that is anti viral and the hydro... Only help the zinc get around the body. So if you don't take zinc then it won't help.
The azythro... Is just in case of a secondary infection so it's good to take.
Refua shleima!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 6:04 pm
Everyone should be taking QUERCETIN which, similar to hydroxychlorquine, gets ZINC into the cells. (and, of course, zinc).

If you can't find quercetin you can get a bioflavinoid. Or slice lemons (or other citrus) and pour hot water over it. I take it with ginger juice, for the anti-inflammatory effect. A couple of times a day.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 6:08 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Mt Sinai hospital has the latest, most cutting edge treatment but we are taking our pulse ox every couple of hours. Apparently treatment is based on that. Hatzolah apparently gives supplemental oxygen and we are considering that for DH.

Are you and dh sick? I'm so sorry! I know how careful you have been trying to be.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Oct 11 2020, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics