Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
If you lost ALL of your pregnancy weight
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:36 am
How did you do it? Diet (which?)? Exercise? Breastfeeding? How much weight did you gain that pregnancy?

My 1st pregnancy I gained 25 lbs and lost 20. My 2nd pregnancy I gained 20 lbs and lost it all. I also breastfed 2nd time and didn't first time.

Now I'm at the end of my 3rd pregnancy and I'm nervous because I've already gained 30 lbs. If my "thing" is that I only lose 20 lbs from each pregnancy, then I'm going to retain 10 lbs this time. But if my "thing" is that I lose all my pregnancy weight if I breastfeed, then I should be fine because I'm planning on breastfeeding.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:09 am
What was your pre-pregnancy weight? How old are you? And what’s your spacing like? All of those makes a huge difference.

With #1- I had just turned 20. My starting weight was 120. End weight was 141. He was 3 weeks late, and he weighed 8 lbs. got home from the hospital 125/126. Exclusively bf until 6 months. By his bris I was back to 120. I started strengthening my abs once I got the go ahead from my dr 6 weeks later.

With #2- I got pregnant when my oldest turned 2. My starting weight was 120. End weight was 138. Baby was 2 days late, weighed 8lbs 8 oz. I don’t remember my weight when I came home from the hospital, but I was back to 120 when I weighed myself the day before his bris. And again, started diastisis recti exercises from 6 weeks pp. and exclusively bf until 6 months.

Sara B.

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:20 am
MANY like myself need a good old fashioned diet for a few months. I cut out sugar wasn’t too difficult

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:23 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
What was your pre-pregnancy weight? How old are you? And what’s your spacing like? All of those makes a huge difference.

With #1- I had just turned 20. My starting weight was 120. End weight was 141. He was 3 weeks late, and he weighed 8 lbs. got home from the hospital 125/126. Exclusively bf until 6 months. By his bris I was back to 120. I started strengthening my abs once I got the go ahead from my dr 6 weeks later.

With #2- I got pregnant when my oldest turned 2. My starting weight was 120. End weight was 138. Baby was 2 days late, weighed 8lbs 8 oz. I don’t remember my weight when I came home from the hospital, but I was back to 120 when I weighed myself the day before his bris. And again, started diastisis recti exercises from 6 weeks pp. and exclusively bf until 6 months.

My prepregnancy weight was thin/normal, so when I kept 5 lbs from first pregnancy I wasn't thrilled but it was okay. But if I keep an extra 10 lbs from this pregnancy, I'll still technically be a healthy BMI but 15 lbs heavier than before I had kids which would bum me out.

Age 25, 28, and now 30.

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:53 am
It took me about 2 years. During nursing I lost a lot and then you need to eat with your hunger, don't stuff yourself

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:56 am
I gain about 40lbs with each pregnancy, and have bh always lost it by 3-4 months pp. I have 5 kids and I’m 29. I always say I would rather diet very strictly for 3-4 months than be kvetching about my baby weight for a year Wink

No carb and low calorie for the first few months and it comes off for me.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My prepregnancy weight was thin/normal, so when I kept 5 lbs from first pregnancy I wasn't thrilled but it was okay. But if I keep an extra 10 lbs from this pregnancy, I'll still technically be a healthy BMI but 15 lbs heavier than before I had kids which would bum me out.

Age 25, 28, and now 30.

Oh and are you using hormonal bc? That’s a real killer!

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Age 25, 28, and now 30.

A lot of people end up a few pounds heavier than pre pregnancy weight. Getting older is also a factor.

Eat healthy and exercise is the way to stay healthy, don’t cut calories too much while nursing.

little neshamala

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:06 am
I gain about 40 lb per preg. Some comes off with nursing but a lot stays. Im on hormonal BC throughout.
By 2 years postpartum im back to original size and weight-but ONLY if I regularly exercise very seriously. High intensity workouts that leave me gasping for air and dripping with sweat. (Walking on the treadmill doesnt cut it)
Im also careful with what I eat

Frumme

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:21 am
Gained 40 lbs with first. Pretty sure I was back to pre pregnancy weight after a year just breastfeeding. But I was exclusively BFing for a while and did a lot of on demand nursing. No real exercise or diet plan. Would go on walks, do simple work out moves, use rowing machine etc but didn't do any HIIT, barre, etc.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:23 am
Losing weight at 30 is much harder then 25. 35 harder. And 40 even harder...

professor

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:34 am
I didn't. But I'm on a diet and hopefully WILL lose it (two years later, mind you) by intermittent fasting. You eat whatever you want but ONLY from 12 noon to 6pm. That's it. And long walks whenever you can (unfortunately not as often as I'd like)

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:50 am
Breastfeeding is definitely a huge contributor. I nursed my second till he was 2. When he was about 16-18 months old, I weighed less than I did at my wedding, before my first pregnancy! because he was a big kid and still relying on breastmilk a lot, in addition to food.

At about 3 months PP most of the weight is off, and the rest comes off with being mindful of what I eat. I tend to crave carbs a lot when nursing, so if I'm careful, I will lose. I start daily mild (strength building and muscle toning) exercise at about 2-3 months PP which also gives that extra boost.

For me the weight problems begin when I start weaning. The weight creeps on slowly and I suddenly find myself 5-15 pounds more than while I was full-time nursing. At that point I drastically cut my food intake and increase my exercise to include a daily aerobic workout. BH I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

(I gain 35-45 lb per pregnancy)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:54 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Losing weight at 30 is much harder then 25. 35 harder. And 40 even harder...

I lost all my weight at 28 though and at 25 kept 5 lbs.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:55 am
I've never used any kind of BC other than the rhythm method.

honey36

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:43 am
I think everyone is different. I gain a ton of weight during my pregnancies (40-60lbs!). My doctor's always get mad at me, but I always lose it all within 3-5 months. I do eat healthy and exercise pretty regularly.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:18 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Breastfeeding is definitely a huge contributor. I nursed my second till he was 2. When he was about 16-18 months old, I weighed less than I did at my wedding, before my first pregnancy! because he was a big kid and still relying on breastmilk a lot, in addition to food.

At about 3 months PP most of the weight is off, and the rest comes off with being mindful of what I eat. I tend to crave carbs a lot when nursing, so if I'm careful, I will lose. I start daily mild (strength building and muscle toning) exercise at about 2-3 months PP which also gives that extra boost.

For me the weight problems begin when I start weaning. The weight creeps on slowly and I suddenly find myself 5-15 pounds more than while I was full-time nursing. At that point I drastically cut my food intake and increase my exercise to include a daily aerobic workout. BH I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

(I gain 35-45 lb per pregnancy)

And some of us can't lose while nursing, but lose when we wean.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:10 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
And some of us can't lose while nursing, but lose when we wean.

Or never...

ces

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 7:07 am
I'm in my mid 30s and have 8 children kh. I gain about 50 lb with every pregnancy. The weight melted off with regular life + breastfeeding for my first two. With each subsequent pregnancy it got harder to lose and I never really got back to pre pregnancy weight. I also found my weight slowly crept up even in years when I wasn't pregnant. After my 8th I was very committed to losing the weight. BH over 5 months I lost 60 lb - everything I gained from this pregnancy + some of the extra weight from before. I'm not back at my wedding weight but I don't think that number is right for me anymore. It was borderline underweight. I got here by being very careful about what I was eating, healthy, clean food, 12-1400 calories per day, and exercising almost daily (mix of cardio and weights/strength training) + breastfeeding. I also am using non hormonal bc, when I had a mirena in the past I found it impossible to lost anything at all. BH I've now maintained this weight loss for 2 months, I hope I'll be able to maintain it long term.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 7:30 am
I gained 23 lb each pregnancy 20, 22, 24 lost all and even some more by 4 weeks after birth from nursing. Barely had time to enjoy my nice figure before it was gone Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise