Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please be responsible. Please!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:22 pm
crust wrote:
I'm petrified of getting it again so please tell me yes or no;

1. Did the person that is getting it again have a positive test first time around and now has a positive test again?

This means this person had it in April and is having it again now.

In short, did the person have a positive test TWICE? In April and again now.

2. Did the person the had the positive test TWICE, once in April and now again, have it hard the first time around?

3. How is the person that had a positive test TWICE, once in April and again now, how is the virus now? Is the person having it as bad as it s/he had it in April?

Only yes or no for now.
Thanks.

My brother had it in April a mild case losing his sense of smell and taste and a slight fever. Before the summer he needed to test for camp to see if he was still positive it ended up he was negative then but had antibodies. On Motzei Yom Kippur he came home from Yeshiva with fever and he tested positive and had high fever throughout Yom Tov so yes you can get a positive twice.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:33 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
My (past) mothers helper told me before pesach she has covid. I said don't come to help me. Now I was desperate for help and called her, she said she has all the same symptoms as before. No sense of taste and smell...
I asked her if she tested, she said no. Because if she tests, she needs to quarantine. By not knowing for sure, she wouldn't be obligated.
I told her that we can only have her come over to help out if she tests and gets a negative. She said she won't test for it.

Just by doing quarantine u r saving others! Sometimes u don't do things bc its the law. We do things bc they r the right and normal thing to do!

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
My brother had it in April a mild case losing his sense of smell and taste and a slight fever.

Before the summer he needed to test for camp to see if he was still positive it ended up he was negative then but had antibodies.

On Motzei Yom Kippur he came home from Yeshiva with fever and he tested positive and had high fever throughout Yom Tov so yes you can get a positive twice.

Your brother tested positive in April?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:42 pm
Yes he did

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:44 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Yes he did

So he tested positive had a mild form of Covid in April.

Tested positive again now.
How was the virus this time around? I understand it was worse than first time but how was it compared to other people that have the virus?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:46 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
This is the frum way to behave?

Uhhhh yeahhh...where have you been...?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:48 pm
there are definitely people who have it twice but its not so common.also, many had definite symptoms and antibodies and are now posit. These are not considered confirmed twice since they didn't test in zapril although they had specific symptoms and antibodies,.

Two of my close re had it twice. Tested positive, had antibodies and had it again in past week. Both were very ill psach and had much milder case now but were pretty sick still

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:48 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Uhhhh yeahhh...where have you been...?

Behaving differently. Behaving honestly.

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:50 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
there are definitely people who have it twice but its not so common.also, many had definite symptoms and antibodies and are now posit. These are not considered confirmed twice since they didn't test in zapril although they had specific symptoms and antibodies,.

Two of my close re had it twice. Tested positive, had antibodies and had it again in past week. Both were very ill psach and had much milder case now but were pretty sick still

I'm freaking out.
Forget it. What's a difference.

If I freak out too much I will be living a freaked out life in exchange for a virus that I may or may not get again.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:03 pm
Just a thought
Perhaps those who were sick simply never got rid of it. The virus lay dormant until something triggered it again.
And perhaps those who are now sick and weren’t before- were asymptotic and now something triggered their body’s reaction to the virus

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Just a thought
Perhaps those who were sick simply never got rid of it. The virus lay dormant until something triggered it again.
And perhaps those who are now sick and weren’t before- were asymptotic and now something triggered their body’s reaction to the virus

And how does this make it better? This means that everyone is susceptible to a relapse. How does that play into easing restrictions?

We're trying to play it all ways. After April, we decided we can behave as we like cause we have herd immunity. When it was shown now that it wasn't true, we decide that everyone who had confirmation that they've had the virus can behave as they'd like, because they can't get it again. When this is shown now not to be true & reinfection is a distinct possibility, we are coming up with all kinds of ways to explain it away.

We just have to face it - everyone, including those who've had it, and those who haven't, needs to take part of the precautionary measures.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:22 pm
crust wrote:
Ok. So first let's clear that up.

They aren't having Covid a second time.

He had something called the Flu or Cold (anyone remember those?) In March and now he/they have Covid.

And you know this for certain?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:23 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I don’t think people got it twice. Either they assumed they had it back then or they got a false positive now. Both are common. Imo- outdoors isn’t so contagious . It’s the indoor places that carry the germs.

This is possible, and it's possible they have it again. What makes one situation more likely?

crust

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
And you know this for certain?

I don't know.
I'm asking how they know this for certain if he wasn't tested the first time.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:26 pm
crust wrote:
I don't know.
I'm asking how they know this for certain if he wasn't tested the first time.

And if he was tested the first time, we'll explain it away with the idea that the virus was dormant in his body the entire time and it just reappeared now. Or that one test must have been faulty.

We'll find an answer that works to our liking one way or the other.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:20 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
And how does this make it better? This means that everyone is susceptible to a relapse. How does that play into easing restrictions?

We're trying to play it all ways. After April, we decided we can behave as we like cause we have herd immunity. When it was shown now that it wasn't true, we decide that everyone who had confirmation that they've had the virus can behave as they'd like, because they can't get it again. When this is shown now not to be true & reinfection is a distinct possibility, we are coming up with all kinds of ways to explain it away.

We just have to face it - everyone, including those who've had it, and those who haven't, needs to take part of the precautionary measures.

Wow, way to attack. I didn’t say anything about what is right or wrong. On the contrary, I just pointed outhow much we DON’T know.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:09 pm
crust wrote:
I'm petrified of getting it again so please tell me yes or no;

1. Did the person that is getting it again have a positive test first time around and now has a positive test again?

This means this person had it in April and is having it again now.

In short, did the person have a positive test TWICE? In April and again now.

2. Did the person the had the positive test TWICE, once in April and now again, have it hard the first time around?

3. How is the person that had a positive test TWICE, once in April and again now, how is the virus now? Is the person having it as bad as it s/he had it in April?

Only yes or no for now.
Thanks.

I know of 2 people who tested positive twice.

1) my friend was sick with covid in april. Teated positive, symptomatic, later had high antibodies. Earlier this month she felt sick again, with the same specific symptoms, so she got tested and was positive with covid. Crazy thing is, she still had antibodies-a lower level, but still a "significant" amount

2) my coworkers daughter was positive for covid, and symtomatic, "a few months ago"(thats what she told me. Dont know what month"
She felt sick again last week and got a positive covid result

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:23 pm
My mom had chicken pox three times

It is very plausible that some people will get covid twice Sad

But many will not

Viruses are random like that Confused

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:28 pm
cbsp wrote:
So he tested now due to school requirements. Not because he wasn't feeling well. So how should they know to keep their kids inside?

Many people are asymptomatic carriers.

They tested on Succos due to school requirements. Im unsure why the dad tested today. It can be that this was another school test and no one had symptoms.

As far as I know, currently 4 families on my block have a Covid patient.

One family had a member test positive on a Monday. That next Friday the dad and brothers were in shul?!?

I was informed over shabbos that another family had a covid patient. Why did I see multiple kids from the family playing outside with other kids?

I live in the yellow zone. Unsure why its Yellow if so many of my neighbors were/are sick with COVID recently.

Dh is an hypochondriac. He is driving me nuts, convinced that he is sick and dying. He bh is healthy and he barely leaves the house.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:38 pm
crust wrote:
This is what I'm trying to verify if at least through anecdotes.

In Israel, they've definitely had several people with verified positives back in March and then again now. There was even one a couple of months apart, but obviously that is very rare.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics