Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/O careers that earn 250k+
1  2  3  Next

zaftigmom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:35 am
Besides for doctor, lawyer, or owning a successful business, what careers can earn that much?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:36 am
High finance

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:44 am
Mostly none. Employees usually don't make that kind of money. When you hear people making 250 + it's either through investing, running a private business or a professional with many years of experience and schooling.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:02 am
My plan to get there is good enough jobs (And being super frugal!!!) so that we can save enough to invest, and with the dividends get to $250. It might take some time, but we don’t need that kind of money for a while.

Also- 15 yr mortgage so that we have the mortgage money we allocate every month available about the time my kids start getting married.

Also, owning a home means there’s something of value to sell one day, if my retirement is underfunded.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:04 am
Successful real estate agent

wow

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:08 am
Some sales reps for big companies who work on commission make upwards of that.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:08 am
Depends on the city. Not all doctors and lawyers make that either. But they have potential, following jobs also have potential to, especially in a small community, but potential to make much much less

accountant
insurance broker
mortgage broker
real estate agent
fix and flip investor
engineer
architect
restaurant
therapist
niche business
interior designer
contractor
plumber
electrician
property management
stocks, finance
car leasing
insurance adjuster

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:30 am
Mortgage broker
Realtor
Accountant
Really any successful business

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:30 am
Computer programmer.

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:49 am
With few exceptions, you pretty much need to work for yourself to make that kind of money. A successful plumber (who has other plumbers working for him) can easily make more money than a lawyer who is employed by a small firm.

The main key is not the field you are in but that you are the employer and not the employee.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:55 am
chocolatecake wrote:
With few exceptions, you pretty much need to work for yourself to make that kind of money. A successful plumber (who has other plumbers working for him) can easily make more money than a lawyer who is employed by a small firm.

The main key is not the field you are in but that you are the employer and not the employee.

With many professional degrees it’s very possible to make that kind of money.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:31 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Computer programmer.

I'm a computer programmer and don't think I'll ever make near that... Where exactly can one make over 250k besides for silicon valley?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:07 pm
Computer programmer.

It would be very unusual for a computer programmer to make 250K, even as a manager at a large corporation. I could see tops 150K-170K.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:11 pm
My dh works in a field that pays hourly and if he puts in 50hours a week he can make that amount. a woman would not be able to work those hours so they wouldn't be able to make that amount. also its flexible hours and its oversaturated with woman so they wont get that many hours. I feel you!

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:17 pm
There are some fields, particularly finance but also things like computer programming/ systems administrators for firms, where total compensation includes bonuses. So your salary might be $150k, and they're committed to that. But some years you get a bonus of another 100k and some you get less and some you get none. Sometimes the bonus is higher than the salary, but it's not guaranteed.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
My dh works in a field that pays hourly and if he puts in 50hours a week he can make that amount. a woman would not be able to work those hours so they wouldn't be able to make that amount. also its flexible hours and its oversaturated with woman so they wont get that many hours. I feel you!

Why can't a woman work those hours?

DH is in a commission based job so technically the sky is the limit on how much he can earn. But on the flipside there are also times he could work really hard and make nothing and thats just part of the job.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:32 pm
My dh is a computer programmer. His salary is less than 100k. His annual income is $150k because of investments.

professor

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:34 pm
Computer programmer.

Hahahahahahahahahajahahahahahaha

I come from computer programming family. My father had a computer before anyone in the US ever heard of one.

No.

A programmer makes less than 100 k. Close to it if he's lucky.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:35 pm
As we decide that all these careers make >250K, and that I am a big loser who has a masters degree and makes a fraction of that. Maybe rather than guessing which career do, people who make >250 at their job (not off investments) can tell us what they personally do.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:36 pm
It all comes from Hashem, I know people that supposedly were supposed to earn a lot because of their career paths and make nothing and others that make a lot. You do your effort, but remember it's not in your hands.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics