Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pishing in the bath
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 2:50 pm
what do you do if your toddler pishes in the bath??

he does it everytime! is it really necessary to change the water ever time?? isent it quite diluted at that age still?

MahPitom

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 3:29 pm
Ask your toddler if he minds.

mimivan

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 4:18 pm
My husband used to make me change the water. (used to because he isn't home anymore during bath time) I could definitely understand it, but I'm the one who has to do it, so I'm tempted to look the other way.That was the reason I sat down the toddler down immediately in the bath. If I don't see it it doesn't exist!!! LOL

But seriously, the bath is cut short after that happens...! Time to get out.

Showering doesn't work for us in the winter because we don't have much hot water. (or none. on rainy days..then I have to heat up water on the stovetop...Ahh...the wonders of solar energy!)

Then it is baths for everyone...hot from the soup pot...

Last edited by mimivan on Wed, Feb 27 2008, 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

justanothermother

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 4:31 pm
I got a removable shower head so I could shower them when they went through the pishing in the bath phase. DH would let them sit in it and rinse them off after, I would let them sit for hair washing, then drain, make them stand, and shower their bodies.

supermommy

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 4:44 pm
I always put them in the bath as it fills a little bit. I would then turn off the water, wait till they pish, emty whatever is in the tub and fill it up all over again.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 5:37 pm
Oy, the peepee is ok. I have neices however, that have had many, many accidents in the tub. Then, they need to come out. But, peepee? It's fine.

suomynona

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 1:54 am
my son goes as soon as he gets into the bath every time.
I don't change the water.

mimivan

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 2:01 am
Well, It warms up the water! LOL

BTW did anyone know they used to use animal pish in shampoo. (I don't know if they still do) but if you see the word "urea" in your ingredients list, that's what it is.

Imagine going through all the trouble of changing the bathwater because of little baby pish and then shampooing the hair in animal pish...

Make sense?

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 2:17 am
Oh Mimivan, that is (sorta) funny. I think I read somewhere that there is urea in a lot more products besides shampoo. Haven't checked lately though.
I don't even "notice" when they pish in the bath.
But when my 2 year old grins up at me and says "Mommy, Kahkeeeeee" and I look down and see what he's done........ Bath's OVER.

Cleaning up is the challenge Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 8:21 am
DD did that the other day! I had just finished washing her and was letting her play. I was holding the baby and noticed her making those faces like she was trying to go... btw, I had been waiting for her to go all day! She was a bit off schedule. LOL I quickly put the baby down and lifted dd to put her on the toilet (no, she's not toilet trained but it's the most appropriate place for her to do what she had to) but it was too late!!

Needless to say, bath time was over!!

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:17 pm
the warm water is very relaxing and conducive to ..... y'know.
I guess if you have a constipated kid - you can always stick 'em in the bath!

Tehilla

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:25 pm
I can almost bet they pish even if you don't notice it. it's okay. many generations of children have been okay B"H. Wink

yeah on the other hand...the other *situation* in the bathtime is so obnoxious. especially cause I have two wee girls in the bath at the same time. talk about leaping into action to yank them out, rinse them off and then Rolling Eyes deal with the mess. literally.

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:29 pm
I guess in a perfect world we wouldn't have to deal with those messes. *sigh*

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:45 pm
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/......html

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:53 pm
Thank you Manhattanmom.
That is fascinating!!!

mimivan

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:57 pm
Tehilla wrote:
I can almost bet they pish even if you don't notice it. it's okay. many generations of children have been okay B"H. Wink

yeah on the other hand...the other *situation* in the bathtime is so obnoxious. especially cause I have two wee girls in the bath at the same time. talk about leaping into action to yank them out, rinse them off and then Rolling Eyes deal with the mess. literally.

No pun intended...

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:59 pm
LOL

songbliss

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 4:49 pm
the only problem with pish in the bath I think is if a kid has sensitive skin, it can make him red, but theres really nothing you can do about it. I dont think thats the worst problem you could have with a kid Very Happy (smelly farts in the bath means that your gonna have to change the water or shower them b/c it smells the water, unless you put TONZ of soap)

I dont think its a big deal. I dont change the water...

Tehilla

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 4:54 pm
LOL mimi

cl

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 6:04 pm
its bitul b'shishim
I dont change the water
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics