Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
HPV vaccine
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 2:36 pm
1. I'm not anti vax. I'm pro vax
2. Having said that, I have heard over the years some hesitation of giving HPV vaccine specifically because we assume our girls will not need it.
Is there any reason to or not to give it to my preteen? My doctor is pushing it but is not frum

Supermom#1

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 2:46 pm
If you want some info about HPV vaccine, you can PM me

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 2:48 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:

Will do

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 2:51 pm
would not do it
risk benefit analysis

trixx

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 2:52 pm
Literally the last shot I would ever give. Do a minute of research and you'll see why

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 2:52 pm
Can you be 100% sure that your DD will never be raped, CVS? That was my first zexual experience, and yes, I got a couple STDs from it. Crying

Can you be 100% sure that your DD will never be tempted to fool around before marriage, or that her husband will never cheat on her and bring the virus home?

The survival rate of cervical cancer is not very good, unless it's caught VERY early.

I'm also worried about possible vaccine injury. I don't take it lightly. With my own DD, I had a long talk with her and gave her the pros and cons. I let her do as much research as she wanted, and to talk to her own doctor about it.

She got the first shot at 16 instead of at 12, but she'll catch up. I'm glad I waited and let her make the decision for herself. It's a really tough decision, and it's too bad that we can't trust men to keep us safe.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 3:00 pm
Do an imamother search of "HPV" and you'll see lots more info and resources to help you make this decision.

Me personally? I'd opt out.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 3:06 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Can you be 100% sure that your DD will never be raped, CVS? That was my first zexual experience, and yes, I got a couple STDs from it. Crying

Can you be 100% sure that your DD will never be tempted to fool around before marriage, or that her husband will never cheat on her and bring the virus home?

The survival rate of cervical cancer is not very good, unless it's caught VERY early.

I'm also worried about possible vaccine injury. I don't take it lightly. With my own DD, I had a long talk with her and gave her the pros and cons. I let her do as much research as she wanted, and to talk to her own doctor about it.

She got the first shot at 16 instead of at 12, but she'll catch up. I'm glad I waited and let her make the decision for herself. It's a really tough decision, and it's too bad that we can't trust men to keep us safe.

I wish this vaccine had been available when we were young. I got HPV before I was frum, and it was the most humiliating experience of my life--and I got it from a monogamous boyfriend and was in my 30s!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 3:09 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
Can you not write whatever you would want to be PMed for? Why not share information unless you know it is wrong?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 3:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
1. I'm not anti vax. I'm pro vax
2. Having said that, I have heard over the years some hesitation of giving HPV vaccine specifically because we assume our girls will not need it.
Is there any reason to or not to give it to my preteen? My doctor is pushing it but is not frum
Being frum has absolutely nothing to do with it. Read FF's post.
There is no way of knowing what your daughter will be up to in the coming years. No way of knowing. And if god forbid she is raped or if she ends up being with someone who was with other partners, it is just worth it to safe guard her.
In Israel it is given, if I am not mistaken, in 8th grade, in school. Its part of the vaccines given in the school system and I for one am very glad of that

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 3:17 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I wish this vaccine had been available when we were young. I got HPV before I was frum, and it was the most humiliating experience of my life--and I got it from a monogamous boyfriend and was in my 30s!

In my 20's I got a pretty aggressive case of HPV, and the treatment was excruciatingly painful. I had general anesthesia, but it still hurt for weeks afterward.

They have to burn the warts off, and because warts have "roots" they have to burn pretty deep. Then you have to have topical podophyllin treatments to make sure that all the virus is gone, and that stuff burns like heck too. Basically, your crotch is on fire for months afterwards.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 4:18 pm
I let my 15 year old get the vaccine. I argued to the doc that it doesn't apply to us and she was like uh huh and how do you know her husband won't c"v be a pervert or c"v worse can happen.
I had told dd it's part of the vaccinations a child needs.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 4:41 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I let my 15 year old get the vaccine. I argued to the doc that it doesn't apply to us and she was like uh huh and how do you know her husband won't c"v be a pervert or c"v worse can happen.
I had told dd it's part of the vaccinations a child needs.

Smart doctor, smart mom.

flower2

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 4:54 pm
Absolutely give it!!!
My doc offered it to me when I was about 18 and I said no, I'm frum. I never got it after that bc I felt I was showing a lack of trust in my husband.
But I will 100% have my kids get it when they r old enough- too many stories of rape or what if they marry a Baal tsuva or chas Vshalom they (or their husband) don't make some good decisions.....
Risk of hpv and cervical ca is just not worth it

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 5:31 pm
The argument about the HPV vaccine is always wether or not frum people need it.

But in essence the argument should be if the HPV helps.
If it would help I would say go ahead sure there is a huge need. But unfortunately, it does alot of harm and helps nothing.
It is supposed to protect you against a cancer that is developed after age 60 and it only is for one strain that resolvs by itself most of the time (I don't recall the percentage now but it's in the 90s)

I personally know frum girls in Lakewood that were paralyzed from the HPV vaccine. I know bone olam is dealing with many more cases of no periods thanks to HPV vaccine.
I am all for vaccines but if you read up on the HPV vaccine you will discover alot of stuff. There are too many injuries to count.
So the argument is not if frum girls need it. They do need it. If it would be safe and if it would help.
They sell it as a vaccine that saves you from cancer and in reality its supposed to protect you from very little and at a late age. And they have Zero long term studies proving that it indeed protects from that cancer because the vaccine isn't 60 years old.
So tell all local frum doctors pushing this that yes we see rapes and pervemts and god knows what else but this is not even close to helping STD.

This particular vaccine is not safe and has no long term studies or proof.
A while back Rabbi Rosenbloom from mishpacha had an article about this subject and the HPV vaccine. He was clear with many sources. I can try to link it here if you are interested.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 5:34 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
The argument about the HPV vaccine is always wether or not frum people need it.

But in essence the argument should be if the HPV helps.
If it would help I would say go ahead sure there is a huge need. But unfortunately, it does alot of harm and helps nothing.
It is supposed to protect you against a cancer that is developed after age 60 and it only is for one strain that resolvs by itself most of the time (I don't recall the percentage now but it's in the 90s)

I personally know frum girls in Lakewood that were paralyzed from the HPV vaccine. I know bone olam is dealing with many more cases of no periods thanks to HPV vaccine.
I am all for vaccines but if you read up on the HPV vaccine you will discover alot of stuff. There are too many injuries to count.
So the argument is not if frum girls need it. They do need it. If it would be safe and if it would help.
They sell it as a vaccine that saves you from cancer and in reality its supposed to protect you from very little and at a late age. And they have Zero long term studies proving that it indeed protects from that cancer because the vaccine isn't 60 years old.
So tell all local frum doctors pushing this that yes we see rapes and pervemts and god knows what else but this is not even close to helping STD.

This particular vaccine is not safe and has no long term studies or proof.
A while back Rabbi Rosenbloom from mishpacha had an article about this subject and the HPV vaccine. He was clear with many sources. I can try to link it here if you are interested.

Please, you have no sources for your ridiculous claims. It's for WAY more than one strain.

I had a friend who died at 40 from cervical cancer and studies show this vaccine is saving lives.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 5:37 pm
Pap smears detect the problem anyway. There are many different strains that mutate and the vaccine protects only against a few.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 5:37 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Please, you have no sources for your ridiculous claims. It's for WAY more than one strain.

I had a friend who died at 40 from cervical cancer and studies show this vaccine is saving lives.

Do you know if the strain of cancer she had is in the vaccine?
All vaccines save lives. Duh. That's why they're created. The question is how many lives are being taken by the vaccine and is it worth the risk. And when it comes to HPV, it seems like there are many.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 5:39 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Do you know if the strain of cancer she had is in the vaccine?
All vaccines save lives. Duh. That's why they're created. The question is how many lives are being taken by the vaccine and is it worth the risk. And when it comes to HPV, it seems like there are many.

She had a strain that was in the vaccine, her husband told me.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 5:43 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

I have nothing to lose by telling you this.
It's your health and your body. Do as you see fit.
Would be nice if you can just read up alittle. Perhaps start with the vaccine insert.
Or you can ignore me. I don't really care.
Just don't come fundraise to me when these girls need fertility treatments.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children