Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Pfizer vaccine - CDC report
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:33 am
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/a.....K.pdf

Out of 112,807 people who received the first dose of the Pfizer covid vaccine, 3,150 of them had "health impact events" which means they were unable to perform daily activities, unable to work, or required care from a doctor or health care professional."

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:40 am
Yes, and? That gives no information as to the degree.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Yes, and? That gives no information as to the degree.

It says the degree, cant daily .....that would include corona heavy symtoms to maximum. What is the percent, can't do the math.

miami85

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:57 am
But does the CDC report if those people would have NOT gotten the vaccine as a result of those side effects?

I had the unfortunate experience of having to perform heimlich/CPR on someone who survived B"H, and is now very sore as a result. So because the person is now alive and uncomfortable means I shouldn't have saved the person's life?

miami85

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:11 pm
That statistic means that 2% had some sort of side effect that kept them out of work for maybe a day or two. Isn't that still better than being out for 2 weeks? In the hospital? Staying in quarantine forever?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:18 pm
Yeah I received the vaccine. I’m the OP on the AMA thread. The form I fill out every day that goes to the CDC counts many different things as an impactful event. Anything more than mild, meaning a moderate headache, body aches, chills, fever, soreness, or anything that makes you take Advil. Basically if you have anything other than a mild headache, it’s counted as an event. Nothing to be shocked about.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:45 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Yeah I received the vaccine. I’m the OP on the AMA thread. The form I fill out every day that goes to the CDC counts many different things as an impactful event. Anything more than mild, meaning a moderate headache, body aches, chills, fever, soreness, or anything that makes you take Advil. Basically if you have anything other than a mild headache, it’s counted as an event. Nothing to be shocked about.

Thanks for sharing this. I was guessing that was the case.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:57 pm
IMO, there are people out there who are really happy when bad things are reported. They actively and selectively search for negative reports. It makes them feel more smug about not vaccinating.

They also seem to be woefully ignorant of risk assessment and risk/reward ratios. There's always a chance that I'll get hit by a bus when I cross the street. I still cross the street, I just look both ways first.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 9:36 am
This article came up in my newsfeed today:
https://nypost.com/2020/12/24/.....cted/
Make of it what you will.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 9:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This doesn’t include any data other than the 6/272,000. That’s .002%. Nothing new. I will be interested to see if there are more reports of reaction. I’m happy they’re doing studies in allergy-prone people so they wil have more info for the general population.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 9:50 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
This doesn’t include any data other than the 6/272,000. That’s .002%. Nothing new. I will be interested to see if there are more reports of reaction. I’m happy they’re doing studies in allergy-prone people so they wil have more info for the general population.

Whats new is using PEG in vaccines.

https://www.sciencemag.org/new.....tions

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 10:03 am
PEG is in many substances but it does seem like the PEG is the culprit in this case.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 11:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What concerns you about this? I'm glad these issues are being identified and publicized early so that there is awareness and safety plans in place for future vaccinations.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:50 pm
This has got me nervous. I wish I knew which one Maccabi is using. My appointment is tomorrow. If it's Pfizer, I may wait until Moderna is available.

https://www.israelnationalnews.....94154

Mexican doctor hospitalized after receiving COVID-19 vaccine. Doctor admitted to intensive care unit after experiencing seizures, difficulty breathing, and skin rash.

Reuters reports Mexican authorities are studying the case of a 32-year-old female doctor who was hospitalized after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.

The doctor was admitted to the intensive care unit of a public hospital in the northern state of Nuevo Leon after experiencing seizures, difficulty breathing, and a skin rash.

“The initial diagnosis is encephalomyelitis,” the Health Ministry said in a statement released on Friday night, adding that the doctor has a history of allergic reactions. They said there is no evidence from clinical trials that anyone has developed an inflammation of the brain after the vaccine’s application.

Neither Pfizer nor BioNTech responded to a Reuters request for comment.

Last week, a 75-year-old man from Beit Shean died of cardiac arrest about 2 hours after receiving the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.

Also last week, an 88-year-old man collapsed and died hours after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. He was evacuated by Magen David Adom staff to the emergency department at Hadassah Ein Kerem hospital in Jerusalem.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:54 pm
FF Yesterday I got the pfizer vaccine. It was fine and I feel totally fine today.
The country does not have the moderna shot yet.
I read it is coming next week I think

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:27 pm
We also got the Pfizer vaccine, me and DH both, and bh we are fine. I had a sore arm for a day, that was all.

etky

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:40 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
We also got the Pfizer vaccine, me and DH both, and bh we are fine. I had a sore arm for a day, that was all.

Same.
And everyone we know who has also gotten it is fine too.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:46 pm
Thanks ladies, you're making me feel better.

I think I'll bring a book and a coffee, and hang out in the waiting room for an hour or so after the shot, just to be sure.

Because I live alone, I want to be extra careful. If I pass out at home, I don't have anyone who will find me until Sunday (the next day my home care worker comes in.)

etky

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:52 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Thanks ladies, you're making me feel better.

I think I'll bring a book and a coffee, and hang out in the waiting room for an hour or so after the shot, just to be sure.

Because I live alone, I want to be extra careful. If I pass out at home, I don't have anyone who will find me until Sunday (the next day my home care worker comes in.)

Maybe try to hang out just outside of the clinic or at least near a door or window.
We had to wait quite a while before receiving the vaccine and there was quite a crowd, so we stood near the open door.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:53 pm
When I went was actually pretty empty.
I think it depends when and where you go.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics