Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do masks save lives?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:52 pm
Do you believe that masks really saves lives?

Please no bashing, I wear mine but I don’t believe it saves lives at all.
I wear it solely because we are forced to.
This is just an interesting conversation.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:54 pm
No, I don't believe so. I believe they cause repeated strep and respiratory illness.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:54 pm
If you and all around you wear it properly, it saves lives. If you wear it on your chin, or move it up or down or reuse the same one continuously, it doesn't help so much.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:55 pm
No. My lyft driver today was telling me off for forgetting my mask (I had my face in my shirt the whole time for all you fanatics) saying if everyone wore one this whole thing would be over already. I said I wish that were true.

It's BS.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:01 pm
I wish I could screenshot, but today I saw a few posts about how it’s proven masks don’t work and I do agree. I have heard from medical professionals how they are causing harm.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:04 pm
Of course masks save lives.

And of course the refusal of people to accept science has made it more difficult than it would otherwise be to control the spread of covid.

The global death toll went over 2 million today. 389,000 in the US alone. Wear a mask.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:05 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
No, I don't believe so. I believe they cause repeated strep and respiratory illness.

That is only because you are reusing the same cloth over and over

Wear a fresh paper one every day

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:09 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I wish I could screenshot, but today I saw a few posts about how it’s proven masks don’t work and I do agree. I have heard from medical professionals how they are causing harm.

People can post anything online. There are people who deny germ theory, and who believe that Taylor Swift is the Illuminati. Oh, and that that Finland is a fictional landmass, concocted by the Japanese and the Soviet Union during the Cold War in an effort to secure fishing rights in the Baltic Sea. Really. You can read about it online.

But its pretty obvious that a mask will help reduce the spread of airborne contagion. As obvious, in fact, as the existence of Finland.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:17 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
People can post anything online. There are people who deny germ theory, and who believe that Taylor Swift is the Illuminati. Oh, and that that Finland is a fictional landmass, concocted by the Japanese and the Soviet Union during the Cold War in an effort to secure fishing rights in the Baltic Sea. Really. You can read about it online.

But its pretty obvious that a mask will help reduce the spread of airborne contagion. As obvious, in fact, as the existence of Finland.

Taylor Swift isn’t the Illuminati?!?
Now everything I know is turned on it’s head.😜

But in all seriousness if you think about it from a logical perspective if you limit the spread of the germ, less people are infected. I would love to send out again the image of people peeing and wearing/not wearing pants.
Don’t wear a dirty mask and wear it securely covering your nose and mouth.

If I was that person’s Lyft driver, I would not have let you in my car!!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:18 pm
were it an issue of mask wearing alone then this mageyfa would be gone already

at least in certain countries, states, areas

facts on the ground people

a bandana is not an n95

sometimes a mask is just a mask -- think Purim

groisamomma

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:22 pm
No, it doesn't save lives. Just as sure as iceland is Iceland.

Stating opinion as fact doesn't make it so.

GetReal

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:36 pm
Why would the majority of doctors around the world be wrong and random people on YouTube be right?

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:40 pm
No. People who were super careful about masks, always changing it, never touching it etc... still died. And people who walk around with none didn't catch it.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:49 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
No. People who were super careful about masks, always changing it, never touching it etc... still died. And people who walk around with none didn't catch it.

Lol. No one says it will save EVERY life. But it reduces the spread, thereby saving some lives.

My kids have not seen the doctor for a sick visit since last March. They've barely even gotten a cold. For reference, I have BH a bunch of kids and they tend to get strep and other illnesses a few times a year. If it's not the masks it must be magic.

Frumme

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:06 pm
OP, before Covid, did you ever get grossed out or worried that you might get sick when someone sneezed and didn't cover themselves with a tissue or their elbow, just sneezed right out into the air? The fact is that certain illnesses are airborne. Covid-19 is an airborne virus. Masks help people who are sick or asymptomatic from passing on the illness to other people, because it stops them from sneezing, coughing, and spitting (yes spit travels when people talk, yell, sing) etc on other people, thereby infecting them.

(Masks also help people who aren't sick, but that's for another time when Shabbos isn't around the corner!)

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:09 am
SixOfWands wrote:
... its pretty obvious that a mask will help reduce the spread of airborne contagion. As obvious, in fact, as the existence of Finland.

This.

For those of you who claim that masks have zero impact on the spread of covid, how do you think covid spreads from one person to another? I would love to understand your theory.

Also, it would be helpful if you could cite any relevant sources.

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:19 am
I work in health care and in recent months I have had a few times patients sitting opposite me and talking, sometimes coughing, with just a desk between us, who then tested positive for covid. But I was wearing simple surgical masks constantly and so were they, it's policy in our place. So far, B"H, I haven't caught Covid. I would refuse to work without a mask on or in front of people who don't wear one.

Edited to add - I also haven't had any serious cold yet this winter. Normally I get 3-4 every winter. Masks seem to be good for that as well.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:11 am
DrMom wrote:

For those of you who claim that masks have zero impact on the spread of covid, how do you think covid spreads from one person to another? I would love to understand your theory.

Also, it would be helpful if you could cite any relevant sources.

I'd like to hear an answer also- if you believe masks don't help at all and a standard surgical mask is the equivalent of going maskless, then I'm curious how you think people catch Covid?

moonstone

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:16 am
I don't understand how anyone with a working brain can think that masks don't save lives. Do they 100% prevent the spread of the virus? Of course not. But they certainly lessen the chances of spreading it.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:30 am
Do you believe wearing seat belts save lives?

Why do people still die if they wear one?

Why are there stories of those who didn't wear one and THAT'S what saved their lives?
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics