Home

S/o school rejection - 5t?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:44 pm
I’m not at the stage of applying for school yet, but will be soon enough. The Monsey thread got me scared. Are the Far Rockaway/Five Towns schools at all like what was described in the other thread? I’m thinking the Bais Yaakov schools, maybe maybe Shulamit, and Darchei, maybe YOSS. I know it’s a very different demographic than the kinds of schools the other thread was discussing, but the schools here are also packed to the gills.
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:29 pm
I only have experience with darchei. The interview is a chance for them to sell the school to you and we were accepted on the spot. Reading all these other threads makes me really grateful to be living here.

My friends that send to tag tell me that as long as you apply on time and for preschool you should have no issues getting in.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:32 pm
Everyone gets into their first or second choice.
Back to top

amother




Gray
 

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:35 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I only have experience with darchei. The interview is a chance for them to sell the school to you and we were accepted on the spot. Reading all these other threads makes me really grateful to be living here.

My friends that send to tag tell me that as long as you apply on time and for preschool you should have no issues getting in.


Darchei said since they are a community school they feel that they must accept everyone. And they pretty much do.
I know many people who were rejected from TAG. Mostly in nursery, and most got in the next year. Not all
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine
 

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:59 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Darchei said since they are a community school they feel that they must accept everyone. And they pretty much do.
I know many people who were rejected from TAG. Mostly in nursery, and most got in the next year. Not all

My friend who works in TAG told me that some years they have no room. Darchei has a much bigger campus so they have the physical space to build another classroom. She told me that TAG has already turned closets into offices and offices into classrooms. I think it depends how many siblings they have that year.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:04 pm
Tag just added a new wing for offices so not sure when or why she told you that. Also most grades are not full. Last year quite a few classes had 20 kids and they go up to 30.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:10 pm
This is reassuring. Amother Gray, it’s easier to get into TAG for kindergarten than nursery? That’s good because I don’t want to send a 3 year old to such a big school but I was getting nervous I would have to. I don’t need TAG, but it’s definitely on my radar.
Back to top

amother




Gray
 

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is reassuring. Amother Gray, it’s easier to get into TAG for kindergarten than nursery? That’s good because I don’t want to send a 3 year old to such a big school but I was getting nervous I would have to. I don’t need TAG, but it’s definitely on my radar.


Yes there are many more kindergarten classes. Nursery is much harder to get into
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
ISO secular studies online high school courses
by amother
1 Yesterday at 4:28 pm View last post
Out of Town High School for Girls
by amother
29 Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:56 pm View last post
My DD5 costume. Wear to school if not tznius?
by amother
23 Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:15 am View last post
Lakewood Girls high school
by amother
161 Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:08 pm View last post
Is this ok to do in school
by amother
14 Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:08 am View last post