Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How do babies cry without waking everyone up?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 7:31 am
My seven month old wasn’t sleep trained yet and now is waking up three times a night for a bottle. I would love to sleep train, I don’t know any methods yet but more importantly I can’t let her cry because she’ll wake the other kids up. Help! How do people do it?
We need sleep here, we don’t do well without:(

Java

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My seven month old wasn’t sleep trained yet and now is waking up three times a night for a bottle. I would love to sleep train, I don’t know any methods yet but more importantly I can’t let her cry because she’ll wake the other kids up. Help! How do people do it?
We need sleep here, we don’t do well without:(

Can you put a sound machine in the other kids' rooms? That could work well (you can still hear them, but they won't be able to hear outside the room)

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 10:38 am
We put our baby in with his sister (age 6) from day 1. I was shocked that morning (after he of course had been up 3x overnight) to ask how she slept and she didn’t hear him at all. Since then BH he continues to cry (louder since she’s older) and she continues to sleep through. BH! Lol

trixx

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 11:27 am
7month should be able to get through most of the night without a bottle. Def train. The baby whisperer has worked for me and is gentle.
The alternative is habits you don't want like leaving bottle in the crib for her to grab herself.

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 11:32 am
I put the baby with my oldest kid who sleeps like the dead. I moved her around 8 months when my oldest was around 9. If she woke up he slept right through it. Having an infant and a bigger boy share is not as common but it means everyone sleeps. My other two are down the hall with two bathrooms between so it muffled any sounds.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 11:37 am
Around here, only Mommy hears the baby cry in middle of the night Sad dh sleeps right through

lucky14

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 12:11 pm
Many kids can sleep through it. Are the kids in the same room as the baby? How old are they? Could you move them into a different room for a few nights (maybe sleepover party the den Smile ) or even let them sleep in your room for a little bit while you sleep train?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 3:35 pm
We have sound machines in every room but my toddler wakes up from her crying:( I’m in a small apartment so I don’t have other rooming options.
I hear the baby cry and I either run to quiet her asap or I let her cry for two minutes which doesn’t help and half the time wakes the toddler up

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 3:41 pm
She also doesn’t always fall right back asleep. Today we were up at 5:45 for the morning after having midnight and 2:45 feedings
I’m tired😴
I tried to push off the feedings but she just cried and needed to quiet her

amother
White

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 4:32 pm
She wakes up when the baby cries now. Might as well train the baby over a few nights and get it over with. It will be hard. But then everyone will sleep iyh.
Sleep train over Thursday night through the weekend. It's easier to be home (or only working half a day) when you're tired after sleep training, than having full days of work and school in the morning.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 6:10 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
She wakes up when the baby cries now. Might as well train the baby over a few nights and get it over with. It will be hard. But then everyone will sleep iyh.
Sleep train over Thursday night through the weekend. It's easier to be home (or only working half a day) when you're tired after sleep training, than having full days of work and school in the morning.

Makes sense, thank you

Does anyone have any ideas how to sleep train an older baby? Getting her to fall asleep is not the problem, it’s the mid nightly feedings that are the issue.

12 weeks to 12 hours is for younger babies I think

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 10:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Makes sense, thank you

Does anyone have any ideas how to sleep train an older baby? Getting her to fall asleep is not the problem, it’s the mid nightly feedings that are the issue.

12 weeks to 12 hours is for younger babies I think

Bump help!
She’s been waking up earlier and earlier, yesterday 11:30, today she’s already cried a couple of times, a paci saved me but I know it won’t last long
😩
Gave less per feeding last night but didn’t help her eat more in the day
I think it’s just a bad habit, I hate this part of the night Crying

shanarishona

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 1:46 am
Pm me for ideas if you want
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics