Home

Laureate oklahoma or center for change for eating disorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:45 pm
Does anyone have any experience with any of these places and can tell me about them, we're looking into options for our daughter with anorexia and want to get any information we can
Thank you

amother

OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:55 am
Bump

amother

Burgundy

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:18 am
No info but I want to wish you hatzlacha and bump the thread up for you.

amother

Vermilion

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:02 pm
Are you sure residential is your only option? I know it’s sometimes necessary, but there are definitely risks and if you have a good therapist who does evidence based treatment you may be able to avoid that. Have you tried FBT/Maudsley?

amother

OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:48 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Are you sure residential is your only option? I know it’s sometimes necessary, but there are definitely risks and if you have a good therapist who does evidence based treatment you may be able to avoid that. Have you tried FBT/Maudsley?

What are the risks of residential? Her therapist is recommending it because she's not doing well at home

amother

Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What are the risks of residential? Her therapist is recommending it because she's not doing well at home

Once a patient goes to residential, the relapse rate becomes much higher and full recovery becomes less likely. If her therapist isn’t bringing up FBT, I’d recommend looking into therapists who specialize in that and at least getting an evaluation.

I know it’s confusing and tempting to just send her away, but you can be saving your daughter’s life.

amother

Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

OP, do you know what modality of treatment is her therapist using?

Petra

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:59 am
I agree to make sure residential is necessary. She should have more than a therapist at this point. She should have a whole team of local consultants. There are intensive outpatient programs and partial inpatient programs without sending her states away. Has she already done one of those? Every situation is unique so in then end, you know what is best.

amother

Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 9:33 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Once a patient goes to residential, the relapse rate becomes much higher and full recovery becomes less likely. If her therapist isn’t bringing up FBT, I’d recommend looking into therapists who specialize in that and at least getting an evaluation.

I know it’s confusing and tempting to just send her away, but you can be saving your daughter’s life.

Tempting? For real? Were you ever a parent odf a child with an eating disorder?

amother

Cyan

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:08 am
I will daven for her.

This is so tragically hard.

How old is she and how long has this been going on for? (If you don't
mind sharing).

Please H-Shem, let this become a healing journey.

Please tell us if she is with a strong FBT therapist? That is usually indicated first.

Do you feel you have proper guidance? There are so many gaps in the help available to guide parents but keep digging, calling etc.

To any responders of this OP: There is NO WAY to understand unless you've been there, either as the victim of the disease or as the loved one. Absolutely no way. Period

Please keep us posted. I feel for you.

amother

Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:47 pm
Petra wrote:
I agree to make sure residential is necessary. She should have more than a therapist at this point. She should have a whole team of local consultants. There are intensive outpatient programs and partial inpatient programs without sending her states away. Has she already done one of those? Every situation is unique so in then end, you know what is best.

I agree- having a team is super important.
There are organizations that provide case management and can help you set up a team for your daughter if you need help with that.

amother

Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 2:46 am
OP, did everything work out in the end?
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children