Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you get covid? Poll
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

To the best of your knowledge, did you have covid?
Yes, I had it once.  
 50%  [ 226 ]
Yes, I had it twice.  
 0%  [ 3 ]
I don’t think I had it at all  
 21%  [ 97 ]
Other (explain)  
 0%  [ 3 ]
I don’t know, maybe  
 8%  [ 37 ]
Definitely not!!  
 18%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 450

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 9:14 pm
Voted definitely not.
No symptoms. No antibodies.
My husband had covid in march last year, my dd had in January.

amother
White

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:10 pm
I got my whole family tested when dh came down with Covid. In total, 3 memebers of my family (including myself) tested positive at the time. We all quarrantined together.
Only dh had symptoms. Dc and I did not.
Two moths later , we went to get tested for antibodies, the two people who had no symptoms also tested negative for antibodies.
So you tell me, did I have Covid or not??

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:17 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I got my whole family tested when dh came down with Covid. In total, 3 memebers of my family (including myself) tested positive at the time. We all quarrantined together.
Only dh had symptoms. Dc and I did not.
Two moths later , we went to get tested for antibodies, the two people who had no symptoms also tested negative for antibodies.
So you tell me, did I have Covid or not??

I don’t know, maybe.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:17 pm
I had it 11 months ago. It was such a hassle to get a test to confirm that my dr said don't bother. There were two days I probably should have been in the hospital for supplemental oxygen but it was impossible to get a pulse ox then. BH fever broke after 12 days.

2 months later I got antibody testing and had antibodies. So I legit voted yes.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:18 pm
Interesting to see that it’s quite uncommon to get it twice. I know some people who did but it’s a very small percentage.

amother
White

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t know, maybe.

Its one of these options:
1. I never had it, the positive test was a false positive. Weird though because dh was definitely positive (lots of symptoms) and dc also tested positive at the same time..
2. I really had it, though dc and I were asymptomatic, and the antibody test was a false negative. Weird though because that would indicate that dc's test was ALSO a false negative. (Unlikely)
3. We both had it but for some reason we did not develop antibodies. I have heard that the more aymptoms you have the more antibodies you develop.

Which begs the quetion, did anybody else have this:- positive PCR test, no symptoms and no antibodies?
Another question is, do we know for sure that asymptomatic carriers are actually contagious?

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:33 pm
There needs to be an option for "I definitely had it, and it nearly killed me." Sad

Snickers18

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:44 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I currently have Covid and still have taste and smell. That is only one of the symptoms.

Most of the people I know who had COVID only lost their smell and taste at the end, once they were no longer contagious. Then that lingered for a while.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:37 pm
Last March, I had lethargy for about two weeks, fever under 100, and lost my sense of smell for 1 week.

The flu was way, way worse.

Dh had a slight cough that he said felt like spring allergies. We both had antibodies.

Neither myself nor dh took anything.

2 dc had no symptoms and also had antibodies. A third dc had a fever of 102 for 2 days last pesach and had antibodies.

Our other kids who are younger did not have antibodies.

I'm posting this because if you didn't have covid, don't assume it's always miserable. For many people it's pretty mild.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:49 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Last March, I had lethargy for about two weeks, fever under 100, and lost my sense of smell for 1 week.

The flu was way, way worse.

Dh had a slight cough that he said felt like spring allergies. We both had antibodies.

Neither myself nor dh took anything.

2 dc had no symptoms and also had antibodies. A third dc had a fever of 102 for 2 days last pesach and had antibodies.

Our other kids who are younger did not have antibodies.

I'm posting this because if you didn't have covid, don't assume it's always miserable. For many people it's pretty mild.

The weirdest part of this virus is that tons of people rch”l died from it, tons had none to very mild symptoms, and EVERYTHING in between.
Everyone got it the way Hashem wanted them to get it. It’s so pointless to compare it to the flu or anything else since everyone’s symptoms were so completely different than the next person.

pause

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:49 pm
No clue. I was definitely exposed, but I never tested and never checked my antibodies.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:50 pm
imasinger wrote:
I don't know.

I had a bad cold and headache just after Purim, but there weren't tests available then. Never lost taste or smell.

So probably not.

The antibody test will let you know if you had it.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:52 pm
I agree with yellow, I am in the high risk category (almost fifty, obese and high blood pressure) and I really never had fever over 99.5, slight cough and my oxygen was never low. I was tired, but which mother isn't always tired? And I get tired from a cold. I have a friend who got it (tested positive) only symptom was slight headache. Also in the high risk category.

And then we have friends who were niftar. And friends (in their thirties) who were in the hospital for weeks.

It's still scary, even if some people get it milder.

pause

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:59 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
The antibody test will let you know if you had it.

It will only let her know that she had it; it won't let her know that she didn't.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:10 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Its one of these options:
1. I never had it, the positive test was a false positive. Weird though because dh was definitely positive (lots of symptoms) and dc also tested positive at the same time..
2. I really had it, though dc and I were asymptomatic, and the antibody test was a false negative. Weird though because that would indicate that dc's test was ALSO a false negative. (Unlikely)
3. We both had it but for some reason we did not develop antibodies. I have heard that the more aymptoms you have the more antibodies you develop.

Which begs the quetion, did anybody else have this:- positive PCR test, no symptoms and no antibodies?
Another question is, do we know for sure that asymptomatic carriers are actually contagious?

This is so, so fascinating to me.

Is there any data showing that people can test positive for Covid after they are exposed but not actually get it?

Which also makes me wonder- were the Covid tests way back in the beginning so much less accurate that false positives were more rampant?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve heard of so many people who had it in the beginning but tested negative for antibodies, now not so much. Anyone I’ve spoken to who’s had it more recently tested positive for antibodies.

One year later and still so much we don’t know..

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The weirdest part of this virus is that tons of people rch”l died from it, tons had none to very mild symptoms, and EVERYTHING in between.
Everyone got it the way Hashem wanted them to get it. It’s so pointless to compare it to the flu or anything else since everyone’s symptoms were so completely different than the next person.

Agreed, we don't know why some people get it worse. I do feel truly it was a huge bracha for me that I had such a mild case.

But that being said, I was sick last March when there was very little understanding of what made the disease the way it is, or any treatment options.

Whoever gets sick now, has the benefit of a year's worth of learning about the disease.

For example, I know doctors who swear by early treatment with inhaled steroids + zithromax. A relative of mine who is over 80 with other co-morbidities received this treatment when she had covid recently and bh she recovered well without it ever becoming serious. Again, sharing this in case it is useful for anyone to discuss early treatment options with their doctor.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:42 am
I never had it. No symptoms and no antibodies.

blessedflower

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:48 am
Voted other. I didn't get sick, but decided after being exposed many times, to get tested for antibodies and I had a very high amount

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:52 am
I don’t remember ever feeling like I had it. I, and my two oldest daughters tested positive for antibodies. My boys had lower numbers, so not legally positive.
So did I have it once? More?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:45 am
pause wrote:
It will only let her know that she had it; it won't let her know that she didn't.

It was a whole year ago, I doubt she'd still have antibodies.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics