Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you get covid? Poll
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

To the best of your knowledge, did you have covid?
Yes, I had it once.  
 50%  [ 226 ]
Yes, I had it twice.  
 0%  [ 3 ]
I don’t think I had it at all  
 21%  [ 97 ]
Other (explain)  
 0%  [ 3 ]
I don’t know, maybe  
 8%  [ 37 ]
Definitely not!!  
 18%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 450

Sprinkles1

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 4:45 am
63 picked "definitely not"?? How in the world could anyone know 100% for sure that they didnt have it? unless they tested every 2 weeks and always got negatives?
So many people had it and were asymptomatic.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interesting to see that it’s quite uncommon to get it twice. I know some people who did but it’s a very small percentage.

It's very rare to get it twice . If you notice even here the ones that claim that had it twice didnt actually get tested both times. They just assumed they had it the first time months ago when it can very well be they didnt actually have it !!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:54 am
Sprinkles1 wrote:
63 picked "definitely not"?? How in the world could anyone know 100% for sure that they didnt have it? unless they tested every 2 weeks and always got negatives?

If you have gotten tested often and results were negative and they dont have antibodies . Those people can safely assume they did not have it .

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:56 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
It's very rare to get it twice . If you notice even here the one that claim that had it twice didnt actually get tested both times. They just assumed they had it the first time months ago when it can very well be they didnt actually have it !!

It's not as rare as you think! Maybe we've had 2 different variants of it? I had different symptoms both times, some the same. My friend here in England too tested positive twice. Just because you've never heard of it, don't doubt us please. It's the worst thing when people don't believe me.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:59 am
Iymnok wrote:
I don’t remember ever feeling like I had it. I, and my two oldest daughters tested positive for antibodies. My boys had lower numbers, so not legally positive.
So did I have it once? More?

Huh? Why would you think you had it more than once? It's extremely rare to have gotten it twice .

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 6:23 am
DH got really really sick after Purim last year. Lost taste and smell had every covid symptom in the book. Did not get tested but it was assumed he had it. I got sick a few days after him, also pretty bad. Lost taste and smell etc. I tested positive for antibodies, he did not. Tested one child for antibodies, it was positive. (Asymptomatic) Assumed my other child had it as well and did not test her. We tested for antibodies again, about three months later. DH was still negative, I was still positive. Then my seven year old daughter lost her taste. That was her only symptom. She tested positive for covid and later for antibodies. So seems she never did have it in the first place. We just tested for antibodies again and now we all tested positive for antibodies. It’s the weirdest thing. Why did my husband not have antibodies for so long and suddenly get them? He definitely had covid the first time around. We contact traced and we know who he got it from. That person was hospitalized. He was the one who brought it into the house and got me sick. Yet no antibodies till almost a year later?? Doesn’t make sense unless the first two antibody tests were faulty.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 6:53 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I replied that I didn't think so.

My entire household passed around some time of virus/cold in early Feb 2020.

It was different than our typical round of common colds/viruses, and for most of us, the cough was pronounced.

My teens had it worst, followed by me, followed by the preschooler in terms of symptoms. The preschooler didn't even stay home--was just sniffly. (Remember, this was when COVID was still something happening "over there in China")

I had some weird breathing thing, but my other symptoms weren't so bad... I didn't miss work. After I otherwise felt better, I had a stubborn cough. The teens also had a lingering cough even when they otherwise felt better. I still have the bag of several varieties of cough drops I bought with the receipt (they were on sale and I got a little excited.)

Many of my coworkers also described this bad/weird cold before I got it as well.

Now, in May 2020, I had my annual physical with my doctor, and asked if he thought it were even possible to have had it back then. He said "definitely" and offered to order antibody testing. I tested for antibodies and came back negative (results didn't show a number so I have no idea). Now, it was over 3 months since we'd all been sick, and we'd all been home from work/school for 2 months by then, so who knows? It didn't come up with my pediatrician tbh, so my kids weren't tested for antibodies.

Uh, whaaattt?????

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:01 am
Sprinkles1 wrote:

I’ve been testing 2x a week since April. But I chose “other” because the “definitely not” option wasn’t there yet, so count me as #64

chanchy123

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:07 am
Sprinkles1 wrote:

So it’s not 100% but pretty close. I was never exposed to corona as far as I know, neither was anyone in my immediate faintly, there was no outbreak in my community although a few of my neighbors did get sick, I was very diligent with SD and masking, tested any time I had a slight doubt and once or twice randomly, since then I’ve been completely vaccinated. It is highly unlikely that I had covid.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:52 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
How many months apart? I’m not saying I don’t believe them but im curious. I was told that you can test positive for quite a while after having it.

I know someone in Brooklyn who had it last April and now has it again. So almost a year apart. Tested positive.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:54 am
chanchy123 wrote:
So it’s not 100% but pretty close. I was never exposed to corona as far as I know, neither was anyone in my immediate faintly, there was no outbreak in my community although a few of my neighbors did get sick, I was very diligent with SD and masking, tested any time I had a slight doubt and once or twice randomly, since then I’ve been completely vaccinated. It is highly unlikely that I had covid.

Same here.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:55 am
Sprinkles1 wrote:

I chose definitely not but really it's a probably. It's an assumption based on negative covid tests and negative antibodies tests. I have had antibodies tested a few times (June, augu, dec or jan) and all were negative, below 3... So probably I didnt have covid. Hey, would be very happy if I am magically immune with no antibodies...

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I know someone in Brooklyn who had it last April and now has it again. So almost a year apart. Tested positive.

Tested positive both times?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 9:28 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Tested positive both times?

I know 2 people who tested positive 2x and they had antibodies after the first time. I know another person who had all the symptoms- fever, cough, no smell or taste- tested positive for antibodies, and then got a positive test a while later.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 9:29 am
Sprinkles1 wrote:

Tested negative for antibodies numerous times.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:09 am
Sprinkles1 wrote:

That’s why the original poll didn’t have the last 2 options. The mods added those. “I don’t think I had it” is the right answer since no one can be 100% sure.

Anyway about 50% of us had it once for sure. So we don’t have herd immunity yet on ima. Laugh

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s why the original poll didn’t have the last 2 options. The mods added those. “I don’t think I had it” is the right answer since no one can be 100% sure.

Anyway about 50% of us had it once for sure. So we don’t have herd immunity yet on ima. Laugh

I am 100% sure. I’ve gotten tested 2x a week since April and I have zero antibodies

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:42 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I am 100% sure. I’ve gotten tested 2x a week since April and I have zero antibodies

It does sound like 99% sure but you do know not everyone gets antibodies and not all tests were accurate... plus I doubt you tested every 10 days...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:44 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Uh, whaaattt?????

In feb 2020 no one missed work for cold symptoms. We were still in a clueless world.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It does sound like 99% sure but you do know not everyone gets antibodies and not all tests were accurate... plus I doubt you tested every 10 days...

Alot of people need to test twice a week for their jobs.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics