Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ever completely lost interest in weight loss?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:22 pm
Since Pesach I feel like I'm just not in the mood.
I don't care anymore.
I'm not happy with my weight.
But I just can't make the effort.
It's not even like I'm pigging out on junk.
I just don't feel like making the effort anymore to think about what I eat or how much I'm exercising.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:23 pm
I feel like that all the time. It’s part of why I work so hard to maintain what I’ve lost.

Edited; I was thinking about this. It’s not like I’m so unhappy with my body. I love my body. It’s healthy and does What I need it to without complaint.

I love the way I eat and I’m happy to continue to do so. I don’t want to count or weigh or record my food. So glad not to be in the roller coaster that was my life before.

Stability is more important to me than anything. I’m glad not to weigh 315 pounds any more. I’m sort of ambivalent about ever weighing 120 pounds. Not willing to do what I’d have to to get there, I guess.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:26 pm
Yes. And it feels great. I feel like spending less time obsessing about food (which is what dieting is for me) is a good thing and this might in the long run help me lose weight.

hodeez

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:26 pm
Yes!! Postpartum, nursing, watching what I ate, and then having my 4 year old ask me if I have a baby in my tummy, otherwise why is it so big? You bet I had a cookie that night.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 10:25 pm
It's not even like, wow, yum, I can't resist those cookies.

I don't care that much for the food. If I do eat a cookie it's tasteless, but I eat it anyway. (No, I don't have corona.) One effect of all the intuitive eating and health at every size brainwashing is that I see all foods as equal, but that still doesn't motivate me to choose the healthier foods.

I think I have mild post-pesach depression.

I"m also in my late 40's and haven't had a period in more than 2 months (negative pregnancy test). I wonder if that has anything to do with anything. Hormonal shifts?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 10:38 pm
OP I could've written your post word for word (except for the last part about getting your period.)
Any chance your thyroid is underactive?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise