Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
A new COVID strand 2.5 more dangerous contagious in Brazil
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

rmbg

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 1:22 pm
This is absolute fear mongering. If you know anything about viruses and vaccines and learn just a bit of history you know that viruses mutate and there will always be different strains. The problem Brazil is facing is the same problem we have been facing everywhere- many appropriate treatments are being suppressed. This is not a conspiracy theory. This is fact.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 1:22 pm
very skeptical about everything covid fear related these days based on what we have seen over these past few months
Tracht gut vet zein gut

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 1:31 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
very skeptical about everything covid fear related these days based on what we have seen over these past few months
Tracht gut vet zein gut

Me too. I'm just keeping my head down and trying to pretend Covid doesn't exist.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 1:47 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Me too. I'm just keeping my head down and trying to pretend Covid doesn't exist.

very good plan. (sarcasm) that's what many communities did during purim of 2019. the results were beyond catastrophic

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 1:48 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Same here Sad

did you mean for the first part or second part of that post? I hope only the first

your daughter also has a friend who lost her mother this past peseach??? please tell me no

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 1:51 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
very good plan. (sarcasm) that's what many communities did during purim of 2019. the results were beyond catastrophic

Hello Chartreuse! I see that you disagree with me. I'm sorry. Here's a treat for you: Ice cream
(First time I ever get to use this emoji! I feel like Extra Credit would be proud of me Smile )

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 1:53 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
did you mean for the first part or second part of that post? I hope only the first

your daughter also has a friend who lost her mother this past peseach??? please tell me no

Chayale and I both send our daughters to BK in Lakewood, so it's possible it's the same person. I think about it every day. My heart is broken, and I can't take any more of this Pandemic. Hashem, please send the complete yeshua already!!!!

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 2:08 pm
rmbg wrote:
This is absolute fear mongering. If you know anything about viruses and vaccines and learn just a bit of history you know that viruses mutate and there will always be different strains. The problem Brazil is facing is the same problem we have been facing everywhere- many appropriate treatments are being suppressed. This is not a conspiracy theory. This is fact.

It's true, they do not have the same treatments as here. Some of the best hospitals are telling patients there's nothing they can do for them other than offer oxygen ( when they have it). They don't give them blood thinners, Remedesvir, antibody treatment.So they die, it's awful.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
That is why Polio and smallpox are rampant now.

are they flu-like viruses?
the flu changes every year.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 4:36 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Chayale and I both send our daughters to BK in Lakewood, so it's possible it's the same person. I think about it every day. My heart is broken, and I can't take any more of this Pandemic. Hashem, please send the complete yeshua already!!!!

Im also sick and tired of the pandemic and people dying.

Do you know what I am even more sick of? People denying that covid is dangerous.

The good news is that bh- it seems like the yeshua is here. all data in Israel seems very promising that that vaccine is effective.

sometimes unfortunately people choose to ignore the yeshoua

Im in my 20s and in Lakewood also. I went to Chemed at the end of the day and got one when they had extras. My husband did the same.

When I hear of lives lost now because of Covid- its even more bothersome. This could be avoided.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:02 pm
wiki wrote:
This variant is sending far, far, far more young people into the hospital than before. And many of them are dying. And having 2020 antibodies appears to give very little protection, if any at all, to this strain.

Your choice if you want to be afraid or not, though--but nothing wrong with media reporting this as news, because it is.

The good news is that the vaccines probably give enough protection from this strain to make symptoms totally non-dangerous.

Getting vaccinated will not only protect you and your community from the P1 strain, but will also prevent the virus from mutating further. We really don't want vaccine-resistant-fatal-for-young-people versions to start spreading or we're really in trouble.

Thanks for vaccinating!!

There was an article on Hamodia.com that mentioned how the vaccines save from death 100%. And then it mentioned only 70 people have died from COVID since getting the shot.
Huh? That's not 100%. Close but not quite.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:03 pm
wiki wrote:
Antibodies from last year seem to not help whatsoever. People are getting hospitalized and dying who had the virus last year.

Vaccines seem to protect a bit against the severity of symptoms. They're not getting hospitalized or dying.

Why am I not hearing statistics about reinfections? You'd think any experts who are promoting the vax should mention that.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:05 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
There was an article on Hamodia.com that mentioned how the vaccines save from death 100%. And then it mentioned only 70 people have died from COVID since getting the shot.

Were the 70 that died fully vaxxed. I have a feeling they meant not within the waiting period post second vax bec I have heard of ppl getting it bad between first and second shot when not protected.

I heard everyone that got covid when fully vaxxed had mild cases.

Java

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:56 pm
Crookshanks wrote:

That's a really immature attitude

Java

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:57 pm
If you want to not take Covid precautions, no one can force you. But to pretend it doesn't exist at all is just plain offensive to anybody who died from it or is suffering long-term health effects

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 7:39 pm
Purim 2019 people did not know. Tragic victims. To blame them in anyway is truly not ok and misplaced.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 7:48 pm
There are dozens of babies in the hospital now with RSV. Their covid tests are negative. I wonder if this "RSV" is a new mutation for which we have no test yet. Yikes. I'm so scared. When will this end already??

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 8:06 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
If you want to not take Covid precautions, no one can force you. But to pretend it doesn't exist at all is just plain offensive to anybody who died from it or is suffering long-term health effects

That's why I'm keeping my head down. I don't mean it in the sense that I don't care, I mean that I stopped discussing Covid, arguing about the vaccine, or sharing my opinions widely. I'm doing what I gotta do and laying low for everything else.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 8:07 pm
wiki wrote:
Antibodies from last year seem to not help whatsoever. People are getting hospitalized and dying who had the virus last year.

Vaccines seem to protect a bit against the severity of symptoms. They're not getting hospitalized or dying.

What do you mean by this? Vaccines stimulate an immune response- which in this case is antibodies that fight COVID. Why would there be a difference between antibodies produced in response to infection versus vaccine?

Laiya

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 8:17 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Yes, 74 died and 5,800 fully vaccinated people contracted covid.

https://www.businessinsider.co.....?op=1

Less than 100 reported cases of covid reinfection, out of 140 million cases.

Last edited by Laiya on Thu, Apr 15 2021, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics