Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine
1  2  3  4  Next

rikkik

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:09 pm
Ok, I know that topic has been rehashed over and over again. I got COVID a couple of months ago, but for whatever reason, I am being pressured to take the vaccine now. I convinced myself that it is okay, but now a friend of mine is giving me the alternate view on it and I don't know what or who to believe!!!
I don't trust the CDC anymore. Politicians- dont even get me started!
She is scaring me that it could change my DNA, that we don't know the long term helath effects, that there is so much coverup in the media, etc.
I don't know what to do!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:38 pm
You shouldn't be pressured to take anything you aren't comfortable taking. If you don't want to get it, don't. The vaccine won't change your DNA. You can get adverse reactions to it, but hopefully you won't. Noone really knows the long term effects unfortunately. I wouldn't take it because of "pressure". Do your research and make sure you feel comfortable before you take it, because there is no going back.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:16 pm
For the millionth time. MRNA has NOTHING to do with DNA.
Nothing. Can’t change it. Nothing to do with it.

Moving on, don’t be pressured by random people to do something to your body. It is not recommended to get the vaccine less than 3 months after having covid.

avrahamama

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:19 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
You shouldn't be pressured to take anything you aren't comfortable taking. If you don't want to get it, don't. The vaccine won't change your DNA. You can get adverse reactions to it, but hopefully you won't. Noone really knows the long term effects unfortunately. I wouldn't take it because of "pressure". Do your research and make sure you feel comfortable before you take it, because there is no going back.

This sounds reasonable.

little neshamala

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:20 pm
rikkik wrote:

She is scaring me that it could change my DNA, that we don't know the long term helath effects, that there is so much coverup in the media, etc.
I don't know what to do!

Can you ask her to explain to you specifically how it can change your DNA? Ask her what the exact concern is. Which part of the vaccine will chamge the DNA, and how?

You will feel a lot better when she has no answers for you.

You can also do a bit of research on your own, about what mrna is, how the vaccine works...you'll see for yourself how laughable the idea is

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:23 pm
While I don't believe all the conspiracies around the vaccine, I also don't know why anyone is telling you get the vaccine if you just had corona two months ago.

In Israel, you need to wait 3 months, and even then, you only get one dose.

Personally, I would test for antibodies first.

small bean

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:29 pm
The only thing we don't knownare long term effects.

They are now saying that natural immunity may last a lifetime and not just 6 months as previously said.

There also are doctors and immunologists who are finding spike protien in unexpected places. While this has no known effect at this time, it may have consequences later on.

It's a risk benefit calculation and each person needs to be informed on the risks in either direction and weigh it individually.

rikkik

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:07 pm
my uncle is super liberal. He is getting married in August. He claims that the synagogue that is marrying him requires that all attendees at the wedding be fully vaccinated (both doses)

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:09 pm
That’s crazy how would they even know? And if someone has antibodies they are immune as well.

small bean

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:12 pm
rikkik wrote:
my uncle is super liberal. He is getting married in August. He claims that the synagogue that is marrying him requires that all attendees at the wedding be fully vaccinated (both doses)

They can't ask you personally.

Aylor but you can probably say, something baout your immuntiy if you need to.

rikkik

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:15 pm
I told my uncle that I just had it. He said it's not enough. He keep on calling/texting me to see if I got vaccinated yet. (it hasn't even been 3 months since I had it)

amother
Silver

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:45 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
For the millionth time. MRNA has NOTHING to do with DNA.
Nothing. Can’t change it. Nothing to do with it.

Moving on, don’t be pressured by random people to do something to your body. It is not recommended to get the vaccine less than 3 months after having covid.

Two words. Reverse transcriptase. It usually doesn't happen but occasionally does.

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:48 pm
small bean wrote:
They can't ask you personally.

Aylor but you can probably say, something baout your immuntiy if you need to.

Why can’t they ask you personally? Do you think it’s a legal or halachik issue?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:13 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Two words. Reverse transcriptase. It usually doesn't happen but occasionally does.

Thank you, was waiting for someone to say this.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:47 pm
rikkik wrote:

Ironic that the "super liberal" are the ones trying to force others to take this vaccine. Aren't they the ones who like to say "my body my choice" when it comes to abortions. Guess it only applies when they want it to. Why don't you tell him "my body my choice" and see how he responds. I definitely wouldn't take this vaccine just because someone else wanted me to. You need to make this decision for yourself.

rikkik

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:49 pm
or I can lie..................
I would need to ask a Shaila first, in that case

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:51 pm
rikkik wrote:
or I can lie..................
I would need to ask a Shaila first, in that case

Don’t lie. Own your choices, whatever they may be.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:52 pm
You can talk to your dr and then tell uncle dr said you are immune and should not take vax at this time and you have to listen to your dr

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:00 pm
OMG!

You would put yourself at risk because your uncle is demanding it???

Tell your uncle my doctor says have antibodies and am not a risk to anybody. And if that
is not good enough for him, DON'T GO! HE is the one refusing - not you.

As another poster says, isn't it weird that so-called liberals are the biggest tyrants?

What happened to "my body, my choice"?

small bean

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:01 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Why can’t they ask you personally? Do you think it’s a legal or halachik issue?

Legal issue.

That's why wearing masks is a merit issue right now where mask mandates for vaccinated are repealed.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics