Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti-vaxxers stop it. If you don’t want it don’t take it.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:04 pm
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
That isn't true. If you've had the vaccine, you're unlikely to catch Covid at all.

Then why are those who already had it, or who have natural antibodies, being encouraged to take it as well?

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:07 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Then why are those who already had it, or who have natural antibodies, being encouraged to take it as well?

It's all based on the "we don't have proof." We don't have proof that natural antibodies confer immunity. We also don't have proof otherwise, and we have plenty of reason to believe so, but we don't need to believe our assumptions, we only have to operate based on them.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:08 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

1. Natural immunity fades over time
2. We are seeing that those who had covid are still at risk for catching other strains, while those who had the vaccine are protected against several strains (against some strains fully and against others partially)
3. Many people think they had it but did not actually have it
4. Some antibody tests turn out positive with very low levels but that level is not enough to offer protection.

(This is really derailing the thread, but you asked a direct question so I provided a direct answer. If this discussion is going to continue we should open a new thread.)

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:08 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
It's all based on the "we don't have proof." We don't have proof that natural antibodies confer immunity. We also don't have proof otherwise, and we have plenty of reason to believe so, but we don't need to believe our assumptions, we only have to operate based on them.

I thought it was all based on science?

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:11 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
1. Natural immunity fades over time
2. We are seeing that those who had covid are still at risk for catching other strains, while those who had the vaccine are protected against several strains (against some strains fully and against others partially)
3. Many people think they had it but did not actually have it
4. Some antibody tests turn out positive with very low levels but that level is not enough to offer protection.

(This is really derailing the thread, but you asked a direct question so I provided a direct answer. If this discussion is going to continue we should open a new thread.)

New study from cleveland clinic. Natural immunity as effective or more effective as covid shot.

The science today says if you had covid there is no reason to vaccinate.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:12 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I thought it was all based on science?

It is based on science. But in this case, it's based on what science doesn't say rather than what science does say. Science doesn't (yet) say that there is natural immunity. The problem is that things can still be true even when not proven. For example, there is no scientific study that proves I had a milchig lunch today. If I decide not to believe anything that isn't based on science, I can't have a milchig dinner if I eat within six hours, because I don't know for a fact that I didn't have fleishig. Science! Not what science is meant to be used for, but I'm not lying when I say it's based on science.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:12 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
It is based on science. But in this case, it's based on what science doesn't say rather than what science does say. Science doesn't (yet) say that there is natural immunity. The problem is that things can still be true even when not proven. For example, there is no scientific study that proves I had a milchig lunch today. If I decide not to believe anything that isn't based on science, I can't have a milchig dinner if I eat within six hours, because I don't know for a fact that I didn't have fleishig. Science! Not what science is meant to be used for, but I'm not lying when I say it's based on science.

“We don’t have proof” is not science.

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:13 pm
Anyone being harassed can ignore it, unless it gets physical. So?

People forwarding you emails is harrassment?

Is all thr pro vaccine propaganda that I get daily harrassment?

Really sad for people who live their life feeing harrassed.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:15 pm
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
That isn't true. If you've had the vaccine, you're unlikely to catch Covid at all.

Tell that to my friend (young and healthy) who took both vaccines and a few months later got COVID and is still unconscious in the icu!

amother
cornflower

small bean wrote:
New study from cleveland clinic. Natural immunity as effective or more effective as covid shot.

The science today is mixed. There are studies this way and studies that way.

amother
Pansy

Ema of 4 wrote:
“We don’t have proof” is not science.

It's based on science, though. The truth is that applied science and pure science are very different things, and people who imply that their applied science is pure science are lying.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:16 pm
small bean wrote:

Yes, if it gets to be too many emails, too often, when you didn't ask for them.

I don't know what you're getting so I can't tell you if it crosses the line.

What OP described definitely sits quite comfortably on the other side of the line, in the realm of "harassment."

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:17 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
It's based on science, though. The truth is that applied science and pure science are very different things, and people who imply that their applied science is pure science are lying.

The truth is that most people can't understand nuance or an unfolding of various consequences, and the vast majority of the adult world are not formal operational thinkers: they are concrete operational, and some of them have learned to fake being formal operational. Very few have actually achieved it.

And so we have these stupid arguments.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:20 pm
small bean wrote:

Nope. Not everyone who had covid has antibodies. Those who do have may lose them..

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:21 pm
small bean wrote:

Yup. The constant threads opened up here about the evils of the vaccine need to stop already.

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:22 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nope. Not everyone who had covid has antibodies. Those who do have may lose them..

Argue with Cleveland clinic.

Not only that .07% of participants had vaccine and got covid. 0 of those that had confirmed covid.

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:23 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Yup. The constant threads opened up here about the evils of the vaccine need to stop already.

What about constant threads the other way?

I think the conversation is pointless because no one is going to or not going to vaccinate based on the convi

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:25 pm
small bean wrote:
What about constant threads the other way?

I think the conversation is pointless because no one is going to or not going to vaccinate based on the convi

Exactly the point. So can the threads stop? It's enough already. No one will change their mind, so stop trying to save the world.

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:26 pm
Yes, if it gets to be too many emails, too often, when you didn't ask for them.

I don't know what you're getting so I can't tell you if it crosses the line.

What OP described definitely sits quite comfortably on the other side of the line, in the realm of "harassment."

Every time I open my phone, I get a popup asking me if I want help getting the vaccine. I get popups if I want to know if I was exposed to covid. I get multiple emails a day from my state asking me to vaccinate or just vaccine info. I don't feel harassed. I ignore because that's what mature people do.

I don't feel harassed by emails and I get hundreds every week.

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:28 pm
Exactly the point. So can the threads stop? It's enough already. No one will change their mind, so stop trying to save the world.

Who's trying to save the world?

Maybe people are bored and find this interesting. No one is harassing you here or forcing you to participate.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics