Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Worked hard and just gained more
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:36 am
I spent the past week really trying to not overeat, eat healthy and complex carbs, have balanced meals, and now I see I gained MORE. I'm heavier than I have ever been at 210 pounds.

I'm 25, no children yet, and I have PCOS. I just want the weight to go away.

I don't want to go off carbs completely, because when I do I feel restricted, awful, and never feel full.

For me a big thing is overeating. I overeat a ton, I'm really trying to be mindfull and not overeat. I'm so frustrated.

I also hate excersize. Anyone relate?

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:49 am
It's a marathon, not a sprint.

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:55 am
About hating exercise: are you sure? Because a lot of people think they hate exercise, but in reality, they simply haven't worked up to the point where it's enjoyable.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:59 am
I just started intermittent fasting and lost 1 kg in the first week. Have you tried that.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 1:39 am
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
About hating exercise: are you sure? Because a lot of people think they hate exercise, but in reality, they simply haven't worked up to the point where it's enjoyable.

That's me. Hated exercising for years and stayed far away until I forced myself and actually realised it's not too bad.

imaima

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 1:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I spent the past week really trying to not overeat, eat healthy and complex carbs, have balanced meals, and now I see I gained MORE. I'm heavier than I have ever been at 210 pounds.

I don't want to go off carbs completely, because when I do I feel restricted, awful, and never feel full.

For me a big thing is overeating. I overeat a ton, I'm really trying to be mindfull and not overeat. I'm so frustrated.

You cannot be expecting results after a week.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 1:48 am
imaima wrote:
You cannot be expecting results after a week.

I didn't expect to GAIN. Idk - at least just stay the same.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 1:50 am
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:

When does it become enjoyable? Youtube videos and excersizes are awful. Walking is decent, play sports is fun.

imaima

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't expect to GAIN. Idk - at least just stay the same.

How much have you gained?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When does it become enjoyable? Youtube videos and excersizes are awful. Walking is decent, play sports is fun.

I like the body project. Start with the shorter, low impact, low intensity videos. I like HIIT better than cardio and apparently it builds muscle faster. Pilates is also very nice. I didn't find many beginner videos on YouTube, I went to an actual class and bought some books to follow from there.

Back to your question, at first, I found that I was so unfit that after exercising, I would collapse against the wall. I was boiling hot and looked a sight.

After a few sessions, it was already easier. Nowadays, I still work very hard while exercising but it's so much easier and enjoyable.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:50 am
Buy a jump rope and hoola hoop.
Use the step it up mat.
Play basketball ball
Continue to be careful and eventually the scale will move.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 3:21 am
Better me is a very good application.you will enjoy to exercice with it!

imaima

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 3:32 am
I feel like with a diagnosis like this, you cannot just approximately eat less and expect results.

One week of "kinda eating less" does not make any difference. Your gain may even have little to do with your adjustments. It is much more complex than what you think it is.

You need to work with a professional.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:00 am
Google Bright Line Eating. It’s an amazing plan with tons of guidance and insights and only cost $14! You get to eat carbs and exercise is actually discouraged during weight loss! For me this was the answer to a lifetime of yo yo dieting-it gets to the heart of food issues, overeating etc so you end up really equipped to get the weight off and keep it off.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:19 am
Instead of eliminating carbs, start with eating protein at every meal (in addition to carbs), cutting back on added sugar, and not eating after 8 pm.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 5:00 am
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
Instead of eliminating carbs, start with eating protein at every meal (in addition to carbs), cutting back on added sugar, and not eating after 8 pm.

Which diet is that?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 5:06 am
I think you should work with someone who specializes in pcos weight loss. There is a science to it. I know ppl who have been successful.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 5:08 am
I feel you! It is so hard and discouraging. After years, I finally started working with a dr at a weight loss clinic. I'd been cynical and avoided that for ages but I'm so happy I did it. For me, the key was going on a (carefully prescribed and regulated) appetite suppressant. All the healthy eating and exercise plans in the world did nothing while I always had food on the brain. This isn't something that's really talked about but only once I started it, did I for the first time in my life realize how other people who didn't want to eat all the time felt naturally. With an appetite suppressant, I'm able to follow a plan that works for my body and metabolism and lose weight. Maybe talk to your doctor about it.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 5:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Are we Twins

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 5:45 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
Better me is a very good application.you will enjoy to exercice with it!

There are a few. Which one do you recommend
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise