Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o reacting to cancer deaths as we react to covid
Previous  1  2  3  Next

monkeymamma

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:27 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Almost everything you mention is regulated by the government already. Public health and safety is not a new industry.

What do you mean regulated by the govt? People can smoke and do drugs (some of which became legal now in several states), eat sugar and white flour etc. Do you mean that people cant smoke in certain places? Still not a ban on smoking so people can still get sick from secondhand smoke. And prohibition didnt work so not sure how the govt can stop people from doing any of these (whether its their job in the first place is debatable).

small bean

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:29 pm
jkl wrote:
Because there is a very clear distinction between endangering your own body and fetuses, versus endangering everyone else. Fetuses and the rest of the society don't run along the same lines. And besides there are plenty of laws in place to protect fetuses.

The natural way of immunity runs a much greater risk of more deaths and more long term injuries. There are issues with ivermectin and with other life saving treatments that pale in comparison with the issues with vaccines. The current risk rate of vaccines hasn't even come close to the clearly demonstrated risks with Covid.

I'm not going to go into a discussion about if requesting proof of vaccines for privileges or return to normalcy on this thread. There have been dozens of threads about that on this board, and I don't want to hijack another thread about it.

And again, eating white flour doesnt not affect those around you, nor does eating sugar. And if you drink alcohol while pregnant so much so that you endanger the fetus, there is a good chance that you can lose the custody of the child - precisely because you've demonstrated that you can't protect those around you.

Do you serve white flour to your kids or their friends? To your guests? Do you serve soda? Do you serve protiens with sauce? Ketchup?

If you do any of the above you are risking the lives of those around you. You will say it's differner but honestly it's not much different. It's just a risk you are willing to take.

FYI, all except soda and sauces I give my family. They eat junk. It's bad, I know but I don't virtue signal. I know I am wrong and am okay with that at this time.

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:50 pm
small bean wrote:
Do you serve white flour to your kids or their friends? To your guests? Do you serve soda? Do you serve protiens with sauce? Ketchup?

If you do any of the above you are risking the lives of those around you. You will say it's differner but honestly it's not much different. It's just a risk you are willing to take.

FYI, all except soda and sauces I give my family. They eat junk. It's bad, I know but I don't virtue signal. I know I am wrong and am okay with that at this time.

All personal choices, with upfront exposure to what they're eating. They all can politely decline. Not the same as possibly being exposed to microscopic virus. If you will include toxic material in the food that you serve others, you will be arrested.

And FTR, sugar, white flour and other food comparisons don't come close to the dangers of a virus - especially in the short term.

This comparison is ridiculous - comparing a spoonful of sugar to a dangerous microscopic virus.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:08 pm
Cancer may be more related to Teflon, radon, asbestos, air and water pollution, and pesticides than it is to white flour and sugar. The government can do something about pollution, unsafe plastics, and cookware. They are already recalling contaminated medications and several cancer drugs were taken off the market because they don't cure cancer.

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:14 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Cancer may be more related to Teflon, radon, asbestos, air and water pollution, and pesticides than it is to white flour and sugar. The government can do something about pollution, unsafe plastics, and cookware. They are already recalling contaminated medications and several cancer drugs were taken off the market because they don't cure cancer.

Or some other drugs were pulled because they were found to have dangerous side effects.

nanny24/7

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:23 pm
What cookware is carcigenic?
Sorry if I am interrupting here.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:21 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
What cookware is carcigenic?
Sorry if I am interrupting here.

Look up Teflon and PFOAs which may cause cancer if emitted into the air.

GLUE

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:35 pm
About 10 years ago I read from the American cancer society that 85% of all cancers happen to people over 55. Has that # changed? Is their more cancer because people are living longer?

If you look at the map of Skin cancer and look at the map of Colon cancer you will see that the maps is flipped. In the sunshine states you are more likely to get skin cancer while in the north you are more likely to get colon.

Every thing can cause cancer even the American cancer society says that if everyone eats healthy avoids unhealthy behavior we will still have cancer.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:22 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
What do you mean regulated by the govt? People can smoke and do drugs (some of which became legal now in several states), eat sugar and white flour etc. Do you mean that people cant smoke in certain places? Still not a ban on smoking so people can still get sick from secondhand smoke. And prohibition didnt work so not sure how the govt can stop people from doing any of these (whether its their job in the first place is debatable).

Cigarettes- regulated by the FDA, drugs- DEA. Nutrition and food safety- FDA and USDA. EPA regulates air safety and were key in getting cars to produce less toxic exhaust fumes. As I said, there have always been plenty of laws and regulations protecting people from carcinogens and other threats to public health and safety.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:38 pm
My father died of kidney cancer that was a result of chemical exposure.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:39 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Cigarettes- regulated by the FDA, drugs- DEA. Nutrition and food safety- FDA and USDA. EPA regulates air safety and were key in getting cars to produce less toxic exhaust fumes. As I said, there have always been plenty of laws and regulations protecting people from carcinogens and other threats to public health and safety.

The laws in the US are apparently not as stringent as in other countries.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:41 pm
GLUE wrote:
About 10 years ago I read from the American cancer society that 85% of all cancers happen to people over 55. Has that # changed? Is their more cancer because people are living longer?

If you look at the map of Skin cancer and look at the map of Colon cancer you will see that the maps is flipped. In the sunshine states you are more likely to get skin cancer while in the north you are more likely to get colon.

Every thing can cause cancer even the American cancer society says that if everyone eats healthy avoids unhealthy behavior we will still have cancer.

Breast cancer has been around for 1000 years or so but carcinogens may have been present in food and water then too

small bean

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:55 pm
jkl wrote:
All personal choices, with upfront exposure to what they're eating. They all can politely decline. Not the same as possibly being exposed to microscopic virus. If you will include toxic material in the food that you serve others, you will be arrested.

And FTR, sugar, white flour and other food comparisons don't come close to the dangers of a virus - especially in the short term.

This comparison is ridiculous - comparing a spoonful of sugar to a dangerous microscopic virus.

Really not as heart disease is the biggest killer in the US with 647k people dying annually in the US.

Your kids can make a choice not to eat what you serve them? You knowingly poison them every day.

And most people don't die from covid either. Chances of you infecting someone and killing them is lower than the chances of you contributing to heart disease for someone knowingly.

GLUE

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:03 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Breast cancer has been around for 1000 years or so but carcinogens may have been present in food and water then too

Years ago there was no such thing as clean drinking water, you drank beer or tea, food like fruit could case sickness. But, people only lived until 40 or 50 so which is better to live longer and die from cancer or live shorter and die from food poison, malnourished, accidents, childbirth?

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:14 pm
small bean wrote:
Really not as heart disease is the biggest killer in the US with 647k people dying annually in the US.

Your kids can make a choice not to eat what you serve them? You knowingly poison them every day.

And most people don't die from covid either. Chances of you infecting someone and killing them is lower than the chances of you contributing to heart disease for someone knowingly.

No one dies from a one time or even a 100 times exposure to a spoonful of sugar or teaspoon of fat. Yet a one time exposure to Covid can cause harm - long term harm - especially to the heart.

There is a significant group of Covid Long Haulers with irreversible long term damage. Chances are that if you infect someone just once, you have irreversibly changed his health status. The chances of that is much much higher than giving your kids ketchup, red meat and sugar and causing heart disease for the next many years.

Again, this comparison of an infection of a known harmful pathogen to a lifetime of sugar and bad habits is just such a far stretch, its just ridiculous. We shouldn't take signification actions to protect against a virus that has already killed 3.81 million people in 1.5 years and has created a large group of Covid long haulers, because if you eat sugar and fat consistently during your lifetime you'll end up with heart disease. Yeah, that seems rational.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:35 pm
We would say chemo doesnt work unless we all take chemo.

GLUE

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:42 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
We would say chemo doesnt work unless we all take chemo.

Can you explain what you mean? I don't understand you

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:49 pm
The way people say vaccines only work if everyone vaxxes and masks dont work unless everyone masks.

So if we treated cancer like covid we would say chemo doesnt work unless 95% of Americans take chemo.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:53 am
Just saw on the news this morning that about half of the cosmetics tested had toxic PFOAs which are "forever chemicals" because the body can't eliminate them. For women who apply make up daily, that's a lot of exposure.
Look it up if you want more info because I don't know how to link it.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:57 am
#BestBubby wrote:
The way people say vaccines only work if everyone vaxxes and masks dont work unless everyone masks.

So if we treated cancer like covid we would say chemo doesnt work unless 95% of Americans take chemo.

Basically we would have to all work at eliminating carcinogens to get companies to stop putting them in everything we use.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics