Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Missed period after covid vaccine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 2:25 pm
Anyone experience this?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 2:31 pm
Not exactly but I did have a super short cycle (14 days) there is a definitely a rare but documented side effect of funky menstrual cycle

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 3:15 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....25185

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....24292

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 4:20 pm
I didn’t get my period for three months post the vaccine. But it’s back now bh.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 4:21 pm
This seems to be a very common side effect of the vaccine. How they say this vaccine does not effect fertility is beyond me. If you want to get pregnant, but your cycle is off because of the vaccine, it is affecting your fertility. It may not be long term, but it is still affecting it.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 4:27 pm
Do you guys think it’s a fertility issue per se or à blood issue, like clotting stuff, which may be indirectly affecting fertility?

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 4:39 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
This seems to be a very common side effect of the vaccine. How they say this vaccine does not effect fertility is beyond me. If you want to get pregnant, but your cycle is off because of the vaccine, it is affecting your fertility. It may not be long term, but it is still affecting it.

Right, and I would add, how do you know it wont effect long term if it can affect short term....

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 5:05 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Right, and I would add, how do you know it wont effect long term if it can affect short term....

And Im in total wonderment of how anyone is ok with messing up their cycle knowingly.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 5:25 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:

Because that's not how it generally works?

momtra

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 7:58 pm
I’ve heard ( second hand) from a doctor that missed periods is a common side effect of many vaccines, and perhaps we are super aware of this because of the high profile of this vaccine

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:06 pm
Yes my sister missed her period then got a uterus infection after the blood stayed there to long, then got another blood clot and another infection
Do your reaserch

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:28 pm
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
Yes my sister missed her period then got a uterus infection after the blood stayed there to long, then got another blood clot and another infection
Do your reaserch

Oh no. I hope she is ok. That was probably considered a "minor" side effect. People definitely deserve to know what may occur when they get this vaccine.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:29 pm
Do your reaserch

This does not make sense. You don't get uterus infections just by missing a period and "having the blood stay there too long."

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:30 pm
Do your reaserch

This is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:31 pm
momtra wrote:
I’ve heard ( second hand) from a doctor that missed periods is a common side effect of many vaccines, and perhaps we are super aware of this because of the high profile of this vaccine

Gaslighting 101. They invent new facts to cover it up. Like SAD sudden adult death. That's not a thing.

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:32 pm
And actually, the infection caused her to miss her period, not the other way around
https://www.insider.com/why-is.....pid-2
https://www.womenshealth.gov/a.....sease

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:35 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
This is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time

This is the rudest thing I ever heard in a long time. Mocking someone for reporting what happened. You don't have to believe it, but don't be rude about it.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 9:35 pm
I missed two periods (not consecutive)- one after each dose. One was the cycle immediately following the first dose, and one was a two cycles after the second dose. Don’t know if it is linked but I haven’t missed a cycle in my adult life otherwise.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 9:41 pm
Lovable wrote:
And Im in total wonderment of how anyone is ok with messing up their cycle knowingly.

You mean like hormonal birth control?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 10:20 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
And actually, the infection caused her to miss her period, not the other way around
https://www.insider.com/why-is.....pid-2
https://www.womenshealth.gov/a.....sease

You must be right, Dr. Stone. You can diagnose a patient without seeing them and do an even better job than their own doctor. Wow!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics