Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Period Pain
Previous  1  2

rowena

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:30 am
So, not sure if she’d be comfortable, and it would require more research to see which brands are the best for someone so young, but my menstrual cup made a world of difference to me.
I never had the worst period pain in the world, but I did need round the clock Motrin to function, until I started using it. I couldn’t tell you why it happens, there doesn’t seem to be a scientific explanation, but when I looked online it appeared that many others are experience this.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:48 am
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
ummm assuming she's a virgin, no to tampons

The entire dorm in my very yeshivishe seminary used tampons. I was the only one whose mother had the above attitude and had never used one before.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:58 am

Why? Plenty of virgins use tampons. Nothing wrong with it.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:12 am
Id have her check out endometriosis and adenomyosis.
Ive had both and the pain during my periods were close to contraction pains.

Hpe your daughter gets relief. Its hard. I know it.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:22 am
I'm not sure what made me try it, but antacids that are also anti gas (maalox, rolaid, etc) do wonders for period pain. They don't lighten my period at all, and taking too many could cause constipation, but when the pain gets bad, I pop my antacids.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:40 am
I had horrible cramping on the first day as a teenager. I used to lay in bed with my stomach on a pillow. Then I caught on about Advil. I started taking it as soon as I felt a slight cramp or saw a drop of blood and continued around the clock for the first day and a half. This helped me so much with the pain. I found that taking it before the pain started worked waaayy better than taking it when I was already in a lot of pain and unable to function. I agree with the other poster that my cramps were so bad they were worse than some of my pre transition contractions. Gradually the pain eased up as I got older and by the time I was in my mid 20s I no longer considered my periods super painful.

I also found midol and pamprin helpful. Pamprin helped better than midol for my sister who also had painful periods. I took advil because it was cheaper and it worked.

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:37 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Using a tampn will not make her loose her virginity. Many non married females or non sexu@lly active females use tampons.

I used just a finger before I used a tampon. I was never afraid to explore. Did I lose my virginity to myself? LOL

(I get your comment so I'm not disagreeing with you just to clarify)

Teomima

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:21 pm

What??
I've used tampons since I was eleven. Do you seriously think that meant I stopped being a virgin at eleven??
You are a virgin until you have had s*x. You can still use tampons, get internal exams at the gynecologist, and yes I'll say it even use toys that go inside you, all while still being a virgin. Oh, and breaking your hymen some other way, such as sports, doesn't make you any less of a virgin, either.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 2:02 pm
Motrin around the clock, thermacare, and birth control pills will lessen cramps.

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 3:59 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Using a tampn will not make her loose her virginity. Many non married females or non sexu@lly active females use tampons.

amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
The entire dorm in my very yeshivishe seminary used tampons. I was the only one whose mother had the above attitude and had never used one before.

amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
I used just a finger before I used a tampon. I was never afraid to explore. Did I lose my virginity to myself? LOL

(I get your comment so I'm not disagreeing with you just to clarify)

Teomima wrote:
What??
I've used tampons since I was eleven. Do you seriously think that meant I stopped being a virgin at eleven??
You are a virgin until you have had s*x. You can still use tampons, get internal exams at the gynecologist, and yes I'll say it even use toys that go inside you, all while still being a virgin. Oh, and breaking your hymen some other way, such as sports, doesn't make you any less of a virgin, either.

Wowoah, hold it. nowhere did I say one will lose her virginity by using a tampon, or did I?!
I was pretty much just assuming its harder insert. my bad

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:11 pm
Definitely agree with the posters who suggested birth control. I suffered for 3 years of horrible cramps/vomiting etc and when I told my mom she took me to my doctor who immediately prescribed birth control. Regular pain meds did nothing for me but when I started BC pills it instantly resolved the problem. Total game changer!

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:52 pm
Yes absolutely birth control pills.

mizle10

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:04 pm
I had the absolute worst cramps as a teen… I remember waiting in school for my mother to pick me and when she came I was lying on the floor of the school lobby. I also had the joy of having cramps when I ovulated. Everything stopped Bh Bh after my first baby.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics