Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I need help losing weight… update
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:22 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Why do you think you should be losing weight effortlessly????

Losing weight takes effort.

The easiest and first place to look is at your portion sizes.

If losing weight effortlessly is her normal, it makes perfect sense to expect it.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:22 pm
lamplighter wrote:

I would add to this that your body and metabolism change as you age, and just because you used to be able to lose weight effortlessly doesn't mean you'll be able to now. In my 20s, I could also lose weight pretty easily. Now, it's portion control and tracking and cutting out most carbs to lose the same amount I could lose in my 20s with very little effort.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:30 pm
lamplighter wrote:

I didn’t think it’s effortless at all! But after my first two babies I lost weight without thinking once I weaned.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I would add to this that your body and metabolism change as you age, and just because you used to be able to lose weight effortlessly doesn't mean you'll be able to now. In my 20s, I could also lose weight pretty easily. Now, it's portion control and tracking and cutting out most carbs to lose the same amount I could lose in my 20s with very little effort.

True, but as I said in my op I’m still pretty young, I’m just 26.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn’t think it’s effortless at all! But after my first two babies I lost weight without thinking once I weaned.

That's really lucky.

For most people especially after a few pregnancies and as we age it gets harder. I understand not wanting to cut out food groups or make drastic changes but if what your doing is not working you need to do something else- eating less.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
…But I hate dieting. I can’t be deprived from things I like, I don’t have that self control.

I usually lose weight after I stop nursing without much effort. This time, I’m working hard but I’m not seeing any results.

My baby is six months. I lost 25 pounds right away. Then, after a month I gained back ten pounds. I gain weight while nursing, so I wasn’t concerned.

I weaned when he was five months. Stopped eating so much. Started intermittent fasting, started walking a lot, exercising, cut out a lot of carbs, switched to whole wheat, drank a lot of water….

I still have my treats in moderation.

It’s been a whole month and while I lost inches I only lost one pound! I still look 6 months pregnant, my tighs are huge, my face is round as a tomato. I feel fat. I’m resentful.

I’m not on hormones. I’m watching what I eat more then I’ve ever watched. I’m not 30 yet. What’s going on?

Hugs! I'm in the same boat. I was very skinny when I got married and gained a lot of weight while nursing both my kids. I am having such a hard time losing weight and don't even want to HEAR the word diet. I look awful, my thighs are huge, my face is huge. people don't recognize me Crying Crying

And I'm a few years younger than you. Good Luck

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:56 pm
amother [ Mocha ] wrote:
Hugs! I'm in the same boat. I was very skinny when I got married and gained a lot of weight while nursing both my kids. I am having such a hard time losing weight and don't even want to HEAR the word diet. I look awful, my thighs are huge, my face is huge. people don't recognize me Crying Crying

Me too. And then one day I decided I had enough and started eating less. The weight started coming off and now I'm thin once again! I've still got about 10 Ibs to lose to get to my weight at my wedding. I hope to be there by sukkos.

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:27 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I second weight watchers. I tried so many diets in the past, and I just don't have self control. Was so hard not being able to eat what I wanted. But WW is so different. It's amazing
Don't dismiss it so fast.

I was unsuccessful with weight watchers and they have a high percentage of customers who are also. That’s why they keep changing their program if you noticed, if they’d have been successful steadily they’d stick to the tried and true. I’d lose weight in the beginning and then was deprived and yes hungry and gave up and gained back the weight. The only thing that’s working BH for me is high protein, very low carb (keto type). It’s been like a miracle for me! I lost over 60 lbs BH and lost my hunger and cravings with it! The high protein, high healthy fat (avocados, coconut and olive oils, etc) really kills the hunger. This is the first and only time I’ve been able to lost the weight and keep it off. The moment I start eating carbs again (which I tried, to see how I’d react) I got the hunger and cravings back because those turn to sugar and sugar causes cravings). So I know this is the plan for me. I highly recommend it. At first I followed keto strictly, was weighing and measuring, and lost the first 25 lbs or so but then I stopped weighing and measuring and I basically eat as much as I want of the proteins, veggies, fats and I continued losing weight. People don’t recognize me and I’m so thrilled.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:56 pm
lamplighter wrote:
That's really lucky.

For most people especially after a few pregnancies and as we age it gets harder. I understand not wanting to cut out food groups or make drastic changes but if what your doing is not working you need to do something else- eating less.

It’s only my 3rd pregnancy.

So I stop eating every night at 8 and have my first meal at 11 in the morning. I eat 2 big meals. I tried to do 16 hours but I woke up ravenous. How much less can I eat?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:57 pm
amother [ Mocha ] wrote:

Aw, sorry sister!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:58 pm
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
Me too. And then one day I decided I had enough and started eating less. The weight started coming off and now I'm thin once again! I've still got about 10 Ibs to lose to get to my weight at my wedding. I hope to be there by sukkos.

But how much less? I’m not eating a lot now. I skip breakfast because of the intermittent fasting, eat brunch at 11 (2 breads and a salad), snack midday, dinner (usually a protein and vegetable).

I find that Shabbos sets me back a lot.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:00 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
I was unsuccessful with weight watchers and they have a high percentage of customers who are also. That’s why they keep changing their program if you noticed, if they’d have been successful steadily they’d stick to the tried and true. I’d lose weight in the beginning and then was deprived and yes hungry and gave up and gained back the weight. The only thing that’s working BH for me is high protein, very low carb (keto type). It’s been like a miracle for me! I lost over 60 lbs BH and lost my hunger and cravings with it! The high protein, high healthy fat (avocados, coconut and olive oils, etc) really kills the hunger. This is the first and only time I’ve been able to lost the weight and keep it off. The moment I start eating carbs again (which I tried, to see how I’d react) I got the hunger and cravings back because those turn to sugar and sugar causes cravings). So I know this is the plan for me. I highly recommend it. At first I followed keto strictly, was weighing and measuring, and lost the first 25 lbs or so but then I stopped weighing and measuring and I basically eat as much as I want of the proteins, veggies, fats and I continued losing weight. People don’t recognize me and I’m so thrilled.

Nice! What kind of proteins can you recommend? I’m a big carb and sugar person Sad I don’t feel full even after eating a whole fish dish.

I like lots of cheese, not a egg fan, fish is ok, chicken only for supper. What else can I add?

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nice! What kind of proteins can you recommend? I’m a big carb and sugar person Sad I don’t feel full even after eating a whole fish dish.

I like lots of cheese, not a egg fan, fish is ok, chicken only for supper. What else can I add?

For lunch I eat a choice of tuna, salmon, omelettes (would you like a cheese omelette if you don’t like plain eggs?) and always a huge salad with avocado (with full fat dressing or mayo, or olive oil…). That keeps me stuffed all day. Lots of water. For dinner, I have any choice of chicken, meat, etc., really any protein…. There are so many choices… hamburgers, steak, meatballs, any kind of chicken, cold cuts, hot dogs, chefs salad, which I usually have with hot vegetables or vegetable kugel, etc.
You’re not full because you’re still on carbs and not eating the healthy fats and proteins that keep you full. Try this, I’m sure it’ll work. I’m happy to answer any other questions you have. It takes a few days until your body goes into ketosis and you will see the cravings and hunger completely stop. It’s really nothing short of a miracle. My dr is shocked that I lost so much weight during the pandemic because he says all his patients gained from being home. I can’t recommend it enough.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But how much less? I’m not eating a lot now. I skip breakfast because of the intermittent fasting, eat brunch at 11 (2 breads and a salad), snack midday, dinner (usually a protein and vegetable).

I find that Shabbos sets me back a lot.

At first, I literally starved myself. I know, I shouldn't have. I then learned how detrimental it is and started eating a little more.

I also do intermittent fasting.

I eat at around 12-1. Usually fruit & nuts.
At around 3, I eat a half tuna sandwich & salad. Or tuna, egg, salad & crackers or rice cake.
A little later, I have another carb snack or granola bar.
I have dinner, a typical nutritious meal. I eat more protein than carbs. Lots of salad. I cook without sugar and hardly any oil.
Depending on the day, I have a snack of fruit or homemade cookies.

I sometimes do eat breakfast, as I like to do zigzag pattern of dieting. So that would be avocado, egg, tuna, salmon, salad and crackers.

I am hungry sometimes. But too bad, I'd rather be thin.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:41 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
For lunch I eat a choice of tuna, salmon, omelettes (would you like a cheese omelette if you don’t like plain eggs?) and always a huge salad with avocado (with full fat dressing or mayo, or olive oil…). That keeps me stuffed all day. Lots of water. For dinner, I have any choice of chicken, meat, etc., really any protein…. There are so many choices… hamburgers, steak, meatballs, any kind of chicken, cold cuts, hot dogs, chefs salad, which I usually have with hot vegetables or vegetable kugel, etc.
You’re not full because you’re still on carbs and not eating the healthy fats and proteins that keep you full. Try this, I’m sure it’ll work. I’m happy to answer any other questions you have. It takes a few days until your body goes into ketosis and you will see the cravings and hunger completely stop. It’s really nothing short of a miracle. My dr is shocked that I lost so much weight during the pandemic because he says all his patients gained from being home. I can’t recommend it enough.

Iyh I’m going to try.

But I hate tuna, most fish, love sugar, love cake, and only eat “eggs” if it’s 90% dairy…

So, I’m not sure how that’s going to work.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:43 pm
At first, I literally starved myself. I know, I shouldn't have. I then learned how detrimental it is and started eating a little more.

At around 3, I eat a half tuna sandwich & salad. Or tuna, egg, salad & crackers or rice cake.
I have dinner, a typical nutritious meal. I eat more protein than carbs. Lots of salad. I cook without sugar and hardly any oil.

I sometimes do eat breakfast, as I like to do zigzag pattern of dieting. So that would be avocado, egg, tuna, salmon, salad and crackers.

Cool that’s it’s working for you though. I eat about the same and it’s not going anywhere!

I may as well go back to the danishes and pasta.

frum violinist

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:49 pm
I was in the exact smae situation as you in the past and I am right now again- 13 months after birth and barely loosing: eating healthy excersise, pilates, arobics..... the best best way for our types to loose is the 30 day diet- read about it on google it really really works- but you have to be committed and dont make the mistake that I did- continue it for at least 90-120 days:) hatzlachah and hugs:)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 7:26 pm
Weight Watchers is guaranteed to work. Of course, you can't cheat on it. Health insurance often pays for it - ask your plan if it's covered.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 7:36 pm
frum violinist wrote:
I was in the exact smae situation as you in the past and I am right now again- 13 months after birth and barely loosing: eating healthy excersise, pilates, arobics..... the best best way for our types to loose is the 30 day diet- read about it on google it really really works- but you have to be committed and dont make the mistake that I did- continue it for at least 90-120 days:) hatzlachah and hugs:)

Do you mean whole 30?

I could find anything called the 30 day diet.

What happened when you went off the diet? The weight stayed off?

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:00 pm

That’s not sustainable long term or doable for most people especially if you’re prone to cravings and a lack of self control with food which is my situation so this isn’t a realistic plan for most people.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise