Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anything to do in Natanya?

Chanie

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 9:38 pm
On our upcoming trip to Israel, I will be spending some time in Netanya visiting family.
We also want to do things in that erea. So far we planned to go to the beach, visit the shuk and the kikor.
Anyone have any other suggestions?

Seraph

Post Fri, Apr 04 2008, 6:14 am
not in netanya, but near I know there are the beautiful bahai gardens. dunno the halachic issues wuith going there, like if its ok or not, but I know my mother in law loves it.

shalhevet

Post Fri, Apr 04 2008, 6:27 am
breslov wrote:
not in netanya, but near I know there are the beautiful bahai gardens. dunno the halachic issues wuith going there, like if its ok or not, but I know my mother in law loves it.

It's not so near - it's in Haifa. I heard it is assur to go there, because you are benefiting from avoda zara.
In Haifa you can go to the science museum, gan haem (plus zoo), the Af al Pi Chen 'illegal' immigration museum.

Zichron Yaakov is not far away and you can take a tour of the winery there, and it is very pretty and just nice to wander around.

If you have a car you can go to the tzabim (between Netanya and Hadera) and see the turtles (great for the children).

Tamiri

Post Fri, Apr 04 2008, 7:24 am
shalhevet wrote:

If you have a car you can go to the tzabim (between Netanya and Hadera) and see the turtles (great for the children).

Nachal Poleg?

I don't know what shuk there is in Netanya - anything special? Usually a shuk is for food and housewares and I think that is limiting during Pesach.
You can go to Ikea if you really have nothing to do.
Chof HaBonim, about 20 minutes north of Netanya is a beach nature preserve, as is the adjacent Chof Dor/Tantura.
Hadera power station has tours - you may need reservations.
I was in Netanya for last Pesach and we drove away from there to do things.
Haifa can be very interesting for a walking tour, if you have a good guide. There is plenty of history there without going to the Ba'hai gardens but you need someone knowledgable.

Chanie

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 8:22 pm
shalhevet wrote:

Do u really think that thats a worthwhile trip? I thought about the Ikea thing, but couldn't figure out how I would get the furniture home.........
But if u think its something not to be missed..... Wink

Tamiri

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 1:20 am
Chanie wrote:
shalhevet wrote:

Do u really think that thats a worthwhile trip? I thought about the Ikea thing, but couldn't figure out how I would get the furniture home.........

LOL. We actually went on Friday cause we had nothing else to do and left empty handed (we had not wanted to shop) less than an hour later. DS #5 who is 3 had a good time in the ball room.

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 2:12 am
In Kfar Saba (very close) is the Kever of Binyamin ben Yaakov. Natanya is known most for the beach, tayelet and shopping.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 3:42 am
Chanie wrote:
shalhevet wrote:

Hey, I never said that... Twisted Evil

And I only think Israelis think it is one of the seven wonders of EY... Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics