Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
This flu/Covid/virus
1  2  3  Next

imommy

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 9:59 pm
Those of you whose kids or yourselves have gotten this bug, how long did the virus last? Did you/your kids get the flu shot?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:01 pm
10 days Sad Yes to flu shot. Multiple negative covid tests and flu negative.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:02 pm
Did not have the flu shot. Not feeling well and under the weather for 5 days.
Negative to flu and covid.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:05 pm
What are the symptoms for each?

I have sore throat, weak and achy, some headache no fever. I'll probably take a Covid test tomorrow but can't get an appointment for a flu test till next week.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:05 pm
imommy wrote:
Those of you whose kids or yourselves have gotten this bug, how long did the virus last? Did you/your kids get the flu shot?

Sick for a week. Negative for flu and covid. My doc tested for many other viruses, and I was positive for one of the viruses that are usually called "a cold".

imommy

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:08 pm
[quote="amother [ Electricblue ]"]What are the symptoms for each?

I have sore throat, weak and achy, some headache no fever. I'll probably take a Covid test tomorrow but can't get an appointment for a flu test till next week.[/quot

Refuah shelaima!

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:11 pm
One son had high fever for 2 days and tested positive for the flu and negative for Covid. Other son just has bad cough no fever. Neither had flu shot this year. Daughter has fatigue no fever and she had flu shot last week.
I had flu shot a couple months ago. B”h no symptoms now.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:12 pm
imommy wrote:

My daughter had the flu for sure, my husband and myself probably did as well. We didn’t test though, just assumed because we got sick right after she did. She was sick Tuesday-Thursday, my husband was sick for a few days and now has a lingering cough, I was sick Thursday-yesterday. My head is still very cloudy and congested, and I still have a terrible cough, but I haven’t had fever since Monday. I say I was sick until yesterday because even yesterday I really still had no energy, and my body was still a little achy.
We did not get flu shots. We also didn’t take tamiflu. By the time my daughter got swabbed Wednesday night, Thursday morning would have been too late to start because it would have been out of the time frame. There is no pharmacy open 24 hours near me, and the 24 hour one that’s 40 minutes away is creepy even during the day.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:14 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
What are the symptoms for each?

I have sore throat, weak and achy, some headache no fever. I'll probably take a Covid test tomorrow but can't get an appointment for a flu test till next week.

Same. Negative for flu and covid.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:59 pm
The flu test swabs are not working properly with an abundance of false negatives.

Countless going back to test a couple days later and testing positive.

The doctors are telling us the tests are not doing the job properly this year.

If you have flu symptoms, you probably have the flu. Please take caution with yourself and others..

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:06 pm
I heard from ppl most obvious symptom of flu is horribly sore painful throat.
Ppl with vaccine are getting. (Still think it’s worth it)
But it’s lasting really short. Especially with ramiflu. Ppl getting back to life before recommendations probably causing it spread faster.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
But it’s lasting really short. Especially with ramiflu. Ppl getting back to life before recommendations probably causing it spread faster.

Of course people who are vaccinated are still getting it, the flu shot is not meant to prevent you from getting the flu. It’s meant to help minimize your symptoms and reduce your need for hospitalization.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:10 pm

Sorry, didn’t finish.
Yea, people going back to work/school/etc two days after diagnosis means they are most likely still contagious. You are contagious for 3-4 days after the onset of symptoms.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:13 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Did not have the flu shot. Not feeling well and under the weather for 5 days.
Negative to flu and covid.

Same, for my dc. Except it lasted more like 6-7 days. We got the flu shot as soon as dc felt better

Zehava

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:24 am
Was a week with one kid now the rest of us are 2-5 days in and still in the thick of it

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:53 am
My kids had ranging from 1.5 days to 4 days. We didn't do flu shots or tamiflu. We did elderberry and vitamins.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:19 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Sorry, didn’t finish.
Yea, people going back to work/school/etc two days after diagnosis means they are most likely still contagious. You are contagious for 3-4 days after the onset of symptoms.

Yeah. My kids are all saying their friends with flu are coming back after3 days. My ds playgroup Morah said kids are coming back 3 days after positives.
Ppl are feeling better fast snd getting back to life maybe too fast.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:01 am
My children are vaccinated for flu. I don't know it was flu or not, some had fever for 12 hours. Back in cheder/school the next day.

imommy

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:23 am
Yeah. My kids are all saying their friends with flu are coming back after3 days. My ds playgroup Morah said kids are coming back 3 days after positives.
Ppl are feeling better fast snd getting back to life maybe too fast.

Why can’t they go back once symptoms subside? Of fever free for 24 hours, they shouldn’t be contagious anymore

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:06 pm
Kids were sick with fever for 2-3 days, one complained of leg pain while the fever was going, one had a lingering cough and runny nose for another week or so. I had fever and awful body aches, back pain, joint pain and burning skin for 3-4 days. Bit of runny nose after the fever was gone.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics