Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
This flu/Covid/virus
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:12 pm
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
The flu test swabs are not working properly with an abundance of false negatives.

Countless going back to test a couple days later and testing positive.

The doctors are telling us the tests are not doing the job properly this year.

If you have flu symptoms, you probably have the flu. Please take caution with yourself and others..

hmmm maybe because its Covid. Open your eyes...most "frum flu" is Covid. It's just that many frum people are refusing to test.

Zehava

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
hmmm maybe because its Covid. Open your eyes...most "frum flu" is Covid. It's just that many frum people are refusing to test.

BS
We tested for both and so did many others

Zehava

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:18 pm
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
The flu test swabs are not working properly with an abundance of false negatives.

Countless going back to test a couple days later and testing positive.

The doctors are telling us the tests are not doing the job properly this year.

If you have flu symptoms, you probably have the flu. Please take caution with yourself and others..

Thanks for this post. Just got myself a tamiflu prescription even tho my swab came back negative

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:20 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:

Oh please. The flu is going around. It’s rampant in plenty of frum areas. Aside from my husband and myself, everyone I know who had the flu tested for flu. People may not be testing for covid, but they are testing for the flu.

mfb

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:27 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:

Horrible way to talk about your brothers and sisters and amother for no reason!!!!!
Where I live in “frum flu “ area as you call it I know loads of people person that have tested and came back positive for the flu!!!
No wonder the non Jews can talk like this and worse if our own brothers and sisters don’t even believe us!!!

sky

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:29 pm
imommy wrote:
Why can’t they go back once symptoms subside? Of fever free for 24 hours, they shouldn’t be contagious anymore

I was told flu stays contagious in person minimum 5 days and no fever 48 hours. With tamiflu 3-4 days. Even if no fever or symptoms.

From my doc - obviously ask your own.
But if kids are going back contagious it make sense it is spreading like wild.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:49 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:

This is not true not to mention speaking like this a huge aveira.
People are testing and it's negative.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:51 pm
Zehava wrote:
Thanks for this post. Just got myself a tamiflu prescription even tho my swab came back negative

רפואה שלימה.

Zehava

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:13 pm
amother [ Watermelon ] wrote:

רפואה שלימה.

Thanks

Blessing1

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:

Most frum flu is flu. It's flu season, just like flu season pre covid. Flu didn't disappear. And most doctors take a flu test and covid test together and the flu tests come back positive. The kids are tested in school every week. It seems like some posters wish for covid to stay and can't fathom that there are other illnesses going around.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:23 pm
Covid 10 days
Headaches
Soar throat
Very weak

Boro Park

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:27 pm
I'm in Lakewood. My (vaccinated) husband has covid now. He feels fine (baruch Hashem). He went for the antibody treatment and was told that there were dozens of people treated that day, but even more flu positives.

ETA: two more people that I know just tested positive - one covid-recovered, one recovered AND vaxxed. And another one who probably has it but is one of those jerks who refuses to test because he feels fine and is getting everyone else sick. There are all kinds!

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:37 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Of course people who are vaccinated are still getting it, the flu shot is not meant to prevent you from getting the flu. It’s meant to help minimize your symptoms and reduce your need for hospitalization.

That’s incorrect, it’s both actually.

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:40 pm
To amother obsidian.
I tested negative for flu and Covid.
So you're saying it still might be flu? Oh gosh. I'm pregnant and don't wanna take tamiflu or anything unnecessary.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 5:20 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
To amother obsidian.
I tested negative for flu and Covid.
So you're saying it still might be flu? Oh gosh. I'm pregnant and don't wanna take tamiflu or anything unnecessary.

One year my pediatrician insisted I take tamiflu each time my kids got flu even though I had no symptoms. He said too much risk not to. I ended up taking it 3 times - snd it cost me a fortune.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 5:21 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
I'm in Lakewood. My (vaccinated) husband has covid now. He feels fine (baruch Hashem). He went for the antibody treatment and was told that there were dozens of people treated that day, but even more flu positives.

ETA: two more people that I know just tested positive - one covid-recovered, one recovered AND vaxxed. And another one who probably has it but is one of those jerks who refuses to test because he feels fine and is getting everyone else sick. There are all kinds!

I’m hearing ppl getting it second time now really rough. Wait time at kimball to get antibody treatment can be 7 hours. (We went succos time snd it was 6 hours so it could be they are just slow)

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 5:27 pm
my husband got covid for the second time mainly 2 days of being weak. That was about a month ago now he just tested positive for the flu alongside my kids. They are all fine just weak and tired. Lakewood.

Were not vaccinated.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:24 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
What are the symptoms for each?

I have sore throat, weak and achy, some headache no fever. I'll probably take a Covid test tomorrow but can't get an appointment for a flu test till next week.

Just tested positive for covid

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:24 pm
Husband having it for three weeks already!
Still feeling sick like a dog.
Would taking tAmiflu help three weeks after onset, if this is flu?

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:31 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
Husband having it for three weeks already!
Still feeling sick like a dog.
Would taking tAmiflu help three weeks after onset, if this is flu?

Has to be started within 24-48 hours of symptoms onset and may shorten duration
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics