Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Can we please introduce some new topics here?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Genius

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:44 pm
Btw when you finish mending your year old pile on Monday afternoon come back to this thread. That’s when I’ll reveal the major secret that it’s Rosh Chodesh. I believe that a special motivation is granted to all moms on that special day to tackle the mending pile.

amother
Lotus

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:44 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Why did you reconsider?

Because soon I'm not going to be able to walk around my apartment we have so much stuff. Also, I don't have the energy to tell you about all my started really smart ideas...
Although in my current quarantine state I did get my hydroponics up and running again (just gve away my anonymity cuz this is one project I actually carried through on).

Genius

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You want to know why it lands there or how to help it?

I think I just want to talk about it.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:47 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I just watched a(nother) YouTube video about bobbin threading. Maybe this time it'll work.

Good luck! It took me quite a few tries when I got my sewing machine couple of years ago.

We learned this in 8th grade sewing class and had sewing classes once a week through 10th grade. I wasn’t the best- but managed to sew myself a couple of skirts, pants for my brother and pajamas for my sibling. (I mean classmates of mine sewed suits and baby jackets and crib sets and what not... I wasn’t that good).

But fast forward, and when I got myself a sewing machine I was completely blank, and had to call the mil and embarrassingly ask for some help...

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:48 pm
Genius wrote:
Btw when you finish mending your year old pile on Monday afternoon come back to this thread. That’s when I’ll reveal the major secret that it’s Rosh Chodesh. I believe that a special motivation is granted to all moms on that special day to tackle the mending pile.

Ha, I wanted to remind kiwi it’ll be r’ch monday.
It generally works like a charm to get mending done. That said 12 months or so of Rosh Chodesh and nothing doing here... it won’t happen this week due to other more important needs in this house.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:49 pm
Genius wrote:
I think I just want to talk about it.

Spill
You can go anonymous too Wink

amother
Lotus

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:50 pm
While we're discussing random stuff, why does my 3 yo wake up in the middle of the night every night this week? She always has a reason-
-Ear infection last week so on antibiotics and drops.
-Not strep because was tested and then also on antibiotics for ear if it would have popped up.
-Not flu she already had that
-Not covid she just tested negative (I have it) and anyways this was longer.
-No known change.
-Dont think pinworms.
-Dont think nightmares.

Im stuck and dont want to go to dr if it doesnt look like medical condition but I dont have other ideas and its usually medical for her.

Genius

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:51 pm
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
While we're discussing random stuff, why does my 3 yo wake up in the middle of the night every night this week? She always has a reason-
-Ear infection last week so on antibiotics and drops.
-Not strep because was tested and then also on antibiotics for ear if it would have popped up.
-Not flu she already had that
-Not covid she just tested negative (I have it) and anyways this was longer.
-No known change.
-Dont think pinworms.
-Dont think nightmares.

Im stuck and dont want to go to dr if it doesnt look like medical condition but I dont have other ideas and its usually medical for her.

Maybe the bedroom is too hot or too cold? Too dark or not dark enough?

happytobemom

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:52 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I bought a sewing machine. I wish I remembered how to thread a bobbin.

I own a sewing machine. I even know how to thread a bobbin. But I have nowhere to keep it on a regular basis so taking it out and leaving it on the dining room table becomes so annoying that I barely ever do. I have a pile of simple sewing that hasn't been getting done...

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:53 pm
Lotus,
1st if al, have to hear about your hydroponics. Please tell us more!

Re your 3 yo- jmho that she wants to make your Covid quarantine more exciting...
Hope she settles back to a normal sleep schedule soon!

amother
Lotus

Genius wrote:
Maybe the bedroom is too hot or too cold? Too dark or not dark enough?

But none of that has changed as far as I'm aware. It's the same temp as always and the thermostat is the same. We have a sound machine for noise and that hasnt either changed.

Genius

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Spill
You can go anonymous too Wink

Nothing out of the ordinary bh. Maybe my body is begging for yoga. I used to do it once or twice a week and should start again.

amother
Catmint

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:54 pm
I've never done yoga but my therapist suggested I start. Any tips on yoga for dummies?

happytobemom

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s been depressing on here... I tried starting a humor thread last week but everyone is just too edgy on here these days Crying

Same!! Very Happy

Genius

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:57 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
I've never done yoga but my therapist suggested I start. Any tips on yoga for dummies?

I like Sara Beth yoga on YouTube. You don’t need to know anything. Just get a mat and get right to it.
Start with a beginners class.

happytobemom

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:57 pm
Genius wrote:
Why is all my stress stuck in my upper back?

Ever tried Dr. Sarno?
Try reading "Healing Back Pain"

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:58 pm
Genius wrote:
Nothing out of the ordinary bh. Maybe my body is begging for yoga. I used to do it once or twice a week and should start again.

Or you need a good massage...

There was a point I didn’t even know I had stress/tightening in my neck muscles. This was right before Covid hit and I found out that at the cancer center we visited (weekly at that point) there was a massage therapist who worked with patients and parents. It was my first time getting a really good stress relief massage. And only when she was working on my neck muscles did I realize what was “sitting” on there.
Sadly with Covid the sessions stopped and I really miss her...

Mommyg8

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:59 pm
And I need a new sewing machine. Any recommendations for a cheap, basic one (only planning to use it for mending)?

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 12:00 am
What's your favorite food?

Sushi! Right?

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 12:00 am
happytobemom wrote:
Same!! Very Happy

Hey, welcome to you and love your sn!