Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Can we please introduce some new topics here?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:10 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
Pregnant and craving beer-battered chicken. Like I want it now, a protein that's hot and deep fried. Aaaaaah

Not pregnant, but totally relate to this craving lol

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:13 pm
So I saw a package of "oven-ready" shawarma dark chicken pieces on sale. And I got it just as an experiment. I baked it in the oven and it was DELICIOUS! I ate basically the whole package (aside for a few pieces DD took).

Then I said to myself, all proud: Look! I can eat healthy proteins and fats if they are well spiced, and then I won't have to eat other less healthy foods and more carbs!

And then I proceeded to eat a big bowl of pasta and meat sauce, and an entire bar of (pareve) chocolate. And I'm still hungry.

Hmmmm.

MOF

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:42 pm
I love this thread! Frantic, how many kittens do you have? And how old are they? We found newborn kittens during covid whose mom had disappeared and we took them in for a while. Had to give them away when we moved back to the city but we still visit them whenever possible. My kids have the best memories of them!

MOF

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:44 pm
Btw, I'm new here and still haven't figured out how to get what I'm replying to on a highlighted box. Help, please?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:52 pm
MOF wrote:
Btw, I'm new here and still haven't figured out how to get what I'm replying to on a highlighted box. Help, please?

If you click the quote button on the upper right side of the post you want to quote.
And welcome!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:59 pm
So happy to see this thread is still going Very Happy

Random-
I’m on a diet to try to figure out what’s causing me itching. And I’m so freakin hungry and headachy and bad mood and low energy and I want FOOD like chocolate and rugelach and not spinach and quinoa and the likes all day...
and I ate a whole wheat cracker 3 hours ago and ow I’m itching.
And my husband thinks if I just do the sarno method all will be good. So we had a little fight about that. Yay.

Ok sorry about that vent....
ok, so on the bright side- I actually did some laundry today and I feel SO accomplished. And I also spent like 2 hours between an hr phone call and an hr just doing applications and stuff with the NYSOH. Oh and I clocked in 30 minutes on hold trying to reschedule the pulm appt.
so I guess I accomplished more than I thought...

Alrighty my dear imas. G’night to all & g’morn to those on the other side of the globe Smile

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So happy to see this thread is still going Very Happy

Random-
I’m on a diet to try to figure out what’s causing me itching. And I’m so freakin hungry and headachy and bad mood and low energy and I want FOOD like chocolate and rugelach and not spinach and quinoa and the likes all day...
and I ate a whole wheat cracker 3 hours ago and ow I’m itching.
And my husband thinks if I just do the sarno method all will be good. So we had a little fight about that. Yay.

Ok sorry about that vent....
ok, so on the bright side- I actually did some laundry today and I feel SO accomplished. And I also spent like 2 hours between an hr phone call and an hr just doing applications and stuff with the NYSOH. Oh and I clocked in 30 minutes on hold trying to reschedule the pulm appt.
so I guess I accomplished more than I thought...

Alrighty my dear imas. G’night to all & g’morn to those on the other side of the globe Smile

Yes the thread is still going strong! Thanks for starting it 😊 I luv small chit chat.

Yay that is super accomplishing!!
Hope you figure out what’s causing the itching… that must be difficult to deal with.

I just worked out for the first time in ages (gotta get all the ice cream weight off…) and it feels amazing Very Happy

Gnite!

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:42 am
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
Yes the thread is still going strong! Thanks for starting it 😊 I luv small chit chat.

Gnite!

Same!! Good night and Good morning everyone!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:10 am
happytobemom wrote:
Same!! Good night and Good morning everyone!!

Good morning for real now Smile
Wishing everyone an easy, successful, fulfilled, happy, accomplishing day 😊

6000miles

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:58 am
Ima Piano wrote:
My dh keeps asking if I want a massage. I do. But every time I agree I remember that he doesn't do it the right way and then I'm in more pain then before he started off.

I taught my dh how to give massages... I gave him some really good ones while telling him what I'm doing with my fingers, and made him watch some youtube videos. He was HORRIBLE at first but now he's pretty good!

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:59 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
Pregnant and craving beer-battered chicken. Like I want it now, a protein that's hot and deep fried. Aaaaaah

Never tasted it.
Is there a recipe?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:26 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Never tasted it.
Is there a recipe?

You can probably find a recipe on kosher.com

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:37 pm
So how was everyone’s day today?

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So how was everyone’s day today?

Great, Baruch Hashem!
More accomplishing than days of late.
Thanx for the light, cheerful, friendly chatting!

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:44 pm
In case anyone is interested we just saw a rat on my block. Ewwww

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:47 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
In case anyone is interested we just saw a rat on my block. Ewwww

🙈 oh my

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:49 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Great, Baruch Hashem!
More accomplishing than days of late.
Thanx for the light, cheerful, friendly chatting!

That’s good!
Me too. I was feeling so ugh for about a week. We had flu in the house and Bh I wasn’t sick but still not myself. Today was definitely a better day but it ended off with my baby spiking a very high fever. So here we go again...

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:51 pm
Oh no refuah sheleimah!

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:51 pm
BTW OP why are you annonymous? Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:52 pm
Back to light chit chat-
Best part of today? Kids actually ate the supper I made! Well, some needed jokes, and other stories and bribes but hey the food got eaten Bh!
Page 5 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics