Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Which city/neighborhood?

ClaRivka

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 5:56 pm
My parents are IMYH making aliyah within the next year or so...

We're having trouble choosing a neighborhood in yerushalayim or a city outside for them to live in.

My parents should be coming in for a month to live and feel out the different neighborhoods but I wanted to hear from you.
I'm guessing that you'll prob give me the same options as you gave me before but theyre totally different people than me.

They are both Baalei tshuva, after they got married and my brother was born they slowly became frum. they are both profesionals and older and both are brilliant people. Their hebrew is a little slow but we like to just think that my father takes 2 hours to daven shema bc he's a tzaddik.
They both are interested in growing more spiritually. My mother plans on finding a job full day. and my father wants to open a private practice (hes a doctor) for half a day and learn the rest of the day.

Keep in mind that they are not millionaires but are not able to live in the middle of nowhere with no israeli's bc they will never fully acclimate to the israeli way of things.

mom7270

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 6:03 pm
ramat beit shemesh

ClaRivka

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 6:09 pm
I'm thinking the more chareidi area of ramat beit shemesh.
it was their first option bc my parents best friends are moving there in august but my parents just changed their minfds about it bc they heard that another set of friends who are very much like them turned out hating it. my guess is that they chose he wrong section of ramat beit shemesh.
I still think its an option tho.
and thank you for taking the time to give a suggestion.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 1:59 am
Rechovot.
It is a city with an amazing number of spiritual options. All of the womens' groups are active there and most have Anglo chapters. There are many Anglo seniors as well. It is the 2nd largest Anglo community after Y-m. There of course are shiurim in English and Hebrew for men in all of the shuls. It is a pleasant city with parks. There are shuls inhabited primarily by Anglos or with a large minority.

For professionals there are def job opportunities. You also are 15 minutes from Rishon l'Tzion, a larger and fast growing city.

I lived there for 10 years and have friends, Anglos and Israelis among all the groups. My friends from Rechovot were my family for my first 10 years in Israel and many still are. If you tell me there religious orientation and their profession I can recommend specific neighborhoods.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 2:27 am
Their litvish chareidi, rechovot never crossed my mind!
I thought the whole city were either chilonim or MO.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating